Back to Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST)

In this introductory course on Ordinary Differential Equations, we first provide basic terminologies on the theory of differential equations and then proceed to methods of solving various types of ordinary differential equations. We handle first order differential equations and then second order linear differential equations. We also discuss some related concrete mathematical modeling problems, which can be handled by the methods introduced in this course. The lecture is self contained. However, if necessary, you may consult any introductory level text on ordinary differential equations. For example, "Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems by W. E. Boyce and R. C. DiPrima from John Wiley & Sons" is a good source for further study on the subject. The course is mainly delivered through video lectures. At the end of each module, there will be a quiz consisting of several problems related to the lecture of the week....

SK

Jun 19, 2018

I heartily thankful to Coursera team who helped me lot to complete this course and last but not least I would like to say thanks to Prof. K.H.Kwon.I have learned lot thorough this course .

RA

May 20, 2018

I have enjoyed taking this course. The topics have been divided very well in that they are not too long and hard just the right amount. The lecturer was delightful and easy to understand.

26 - 50 of 58 Reviews for Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations

By dgq

Oct 01, 2018

excellent classe

By Eric H

Jan 06, 2018

It's a really amazing course. Really glad that I take. Some of the video has little sound, but overall it's really good and clear.

By Babar H S

May 03, 2018

Great work! now i have knowledge about differential equation after completions of this course. i learned some basic concept related to differential equations and also physical meaning of differential equations.

By Carlos A P

Jan 08, 2018

nice, and excelent course. thanks.

By Catalin M

Feb 08, 2018

Clear explanation of each concept and then each concept is reinforced with associated exercises.

By Wessam S

Jan 07, 2018

awesome course

By Edward C

May 07, 2018

A very useful lesson for those students wanting to take a step further than AP/ALevel and freshmen that are struggling with math classes.

By Ayush

Apr 03, 2018

Very informational course

By Chandan R

Apr 30, 2018

It was a very good course

By Manuel A V R

Mar 21, 2018

Thank you for the course to all persons that integrate KAIST

By Shounak D

Mar 02, 2018

good course for beginners..discusses the fundamentals of solving differential equations analytically.

By Tanmay J

Apr 03, 2018

Thoroughly knowledgeable course.

By Bhisham B

Mar 19, 2018

awesome teaching

By ABHIRAM G

Apr 18, 2019

wonderful course with the best teacher and his teaching, by this i come to know a few topics in mathematics

By K.S.S.UDUPA

May 31, 2019

I found the course very interesting.

By Gowtham.B

Jun 27, 2019

Nandri <3

By 王诺实

Jul 14, 2019

I am sincerely thankful to your Generous courses on ordinary differential equation。 As a student from China, I have learned some basic knowledge about it In our advanced math class. However, this class give me a marvelous opportunity to get a deeper insight about it. It helps me to have a comprehensive perspective about it

By Archak D

Sep 07, 2019

VERY GOOD COURSE.

By juan c p a

Jan 12, 2019

Buen curso, aunque la metodología debe involucrar didáctica con recursos.

By 17MIS0424 S D

Apr 10, 2019

very useful extra knowledge.

By Atharva B

Mar 12, 2019

Prof not very interactive, there is less motivation for students to discuss among each other but course content is very good!

By Pansy S

Mar 25, 2018

I am a 7 5 year old math tutor and wanted to refresh (or actually learn) my knowledge of differential equations. This course was well presented and had good examples. I would only ask for more examples and also be able to see worked out solutions of the quizzes, once we have passed them.

By Tongsu P

Feb 02, 2018

A better explanation of the theorem (especially going through each step of the proof rather than skipping them) would be a lot more helpful. Also, if possible, give other reference to read and practice.

By Marcio L

Feb 22, 2018

This is a solid course. It has very good content presented in a concise way which in general appeals to me but may not appeal to everyone. My biggest piece of criticism is the lack of practice problems with solutions.

By Agrim N

Feb 20, 2018

An informative course with doable assignments.