Back to Patient Safety and Quality Improvement: Developing a Systems View (Patient Safety I)

Patient Safety and Quality Improvement: Developing a Systems View (Patient Safety I), Johns Hopkins University

About this Course

In this course, you will be able develop a systems view for patient safety and quality improvement in healthcare. By then end of this course, you will be able to: 1) Describe a minimum of four key events in the history of patient safety and quality improvement, 2) define the key characteristics of high reliability organizations, and 3) explain the benefits of having strategies for both proactive and reactive systems thinking....

By JA

Apr 03, 2018

Indeed the facilitators have really done well in delivery of the content, I will organize all my friends to enroll in the course. You are indeed doing a wonderful job. Kudos to you guys.

By DO

Aug 14, 2018

the course content was very clear and organized\n\nthe lecturer was great. take my attention form the beginning to the end\n\nmaybe it needs only to add some case studies videos

29 Reviews

By Samriddhi Rimal

Dec 06, 2018

This was a very beneficial course for me. The instructors were marvelous and covered their respective topics to the T. Being a medical professional, we face breach in patient safety quiet frequently and to be able to understand some of the terms and tools which can be used to improve patient safety is extremely important. I am thankful to the instructors and Coursera for providing me with this opportunity.

By Ammar Najjar

Nov 13, 2018

Informative session filled with technical tools to help people strive for the sky limit

By Shiyar al yosef

Nov 07, 2018

ج

م

ي

ل

By Jeff Portwood

Nov 01, 2018

I recently joined a health care organization in an administrative services function. This course enabled me to understand complexities of patient safety and key concepts for reducing error through a systems thinking approach. I believe it will help me communication better, and collaborate, with our professionals in all disciplines.

By Lisa

Sep 04, 2018

very helpful for my current work. Will be helpful for my future carrer.

By Smita Roychoudhury

Sep 04, 2018

Very comprehensive and helpful course

By Galeak Gargoah Deng

Aug 15, 2018

absolutely the patient safety is very good.

By Dr. Mohamed Fathy Korany Osman

Aug 14, 2018

the course content was very clear and organized

the lecturer was great. take my attention form the beginning to the end

maybe it needs only to add some case studies videos

By karen hill

Aug 14, 2018

Pertinent material presented in a logically formatted presentation.

By Augusto Medeiros

Jul 14, 2018

Great insights about patient safety, error, preventable harm, and system's functioning. Referenced materials are relevant and widely available.