Back to Patient Safety and Quality Improvement: Developing a Systems View (Patient Safety I)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Patient Safety and Quality Improvement: Developing a Systems View (Patient Safety I) by Johns Hopkins University

In this course, you will be able develop a systems view for patient safety and quality improvement in healthcare. By then end of this course, you will be able to: 1) Describe a minimum of four key events in the history of patient safety and quality improvement, 2) define the key characteristics of high reliability organizations, and 3) explain the benefits of having strategies for both proactive and reactive systems thinking....

JA

Feb 15, 2019

Indeed the facilitators have really done well in delivery of the content, I will organize all my friends to enroll in the course. You are indeed doing a wonderful job. Kudos to you guys.

DO

Aug 14, 2018

the course content was very clear and organized\n\nthe lecturer was great. take my attention form the beginning to the end\n\nmaybe it needs only to add some case studies videos

1 - 25 of 182 Reviews for Patient Safety and Quality Improvement: Developing a Systems View (Patient Safety I)

By ALEXIS A

Jun 02, 2019

I really learned more than what I’ve expected and desired on patient safety and quality improvement.

By Jael G D

Mar 21, 2018

EXCELLENT

By K.N. S

May 29, 2018

All the courses in the Patient Safety specialization are very informative and up to a certain level that you would expect. The first two courses do not have a grading system depending on peer reviews and is great for people with a time limit. I myself am a medical professional working as PA, and found the content highly interesting and applicable in real life settings. recommended for professionals in the field!

By Maria D d M

Mar 04, 2018

The only topic I think needs improvement is in proactive security actions. In the course they did not talk about actions regarding hazard notifications (risk circumstances) and continuous improvement in surveillance of safety practices, which I believe to be Proactive actions. The rest of the course wonderful. extremely didactic, dynamic, and engaging. Congratulations to the authors and staff.

By Leo M

Feb 18, 2018

I greatly enjoyed this course. It supplied a tremendous amount of up-to-date information on the healthcare setting, its problems and statistics. One of the most interesting aspects of this course were the factual statistics provided. The information learned allowed me to think outside the box when it pertains to issues and problems within the healthcare setting.

By Jeff P

Nov 01, 2018

I recently joined a health care organization in an administrative services function. This course enabled me to understand complexities of patient safety and key concepts for reducing error through a systems thinking approach. I believe it will help me communication better, and collaborate, with our professionals in all disciplines.

By Michael M F

Jun 02, 2019

I liked the course so much. The materials were well prepared and the instructors' explanation were magnificent. I totally recommend this course for all health care professionals especially those interested in a career related to patient safety.

By JAMES B A

Feb 15, 2019

By Florence T

Jul 23, 2019

This course has given deeper insight into the patient safety management concepts for beginner! Thanks to the instructors!

By JONATHAN H

Mar 16, 2018

It is very usefull and it explains how to solve the problems and the errors that are occuring in the helathcare sector .

By Uche E

Apr 12, 2019

This course has been helpful and I'm glad to have been able to gain more knowledge and applications through this course

By Mohammad A Q

Dec 18, 2019

It was a very informative course. The topics were discussed in a very simple way. The concepts were explained with

By Richard C

Jul 08, 2018

Excellent course! I am researching Highly Reliable Organizations and this course provided valuable insights.

By LUIZ N S F

Nov 22, 2019

Systematic evaluation of possible errors and constant reassessment of improvement in quality of care

By Roaa K

Jun 07, 2020

This course is definitely one of the top courses in patient safety, for beginners. The course content has valuable information in simple language that is easy to absorb, especially if you know nothing about patient safety. If you are a beginner, I highly recommend giving it a try as the content of the course is simple, straight forward, and easy to absorb. I also recommend completing this course first and then try the IHI open school courses as this course serves as a bridge to the IHI courses.

By Yasmin M M

Jul 08, 2020

The course content was more than amazing and it has given me a lot of important information regarding patient safety except for one problem that i found is essential to be told. As for my modest experience, all the course's weeks were smooth and nice except for week 3 which ,although contained really important and useful information, should have been explained in a more detailed way .I found it more difficult to understand than the other weeks mostly because it needed more detailed lecturing.

By Bewildered G

Dec 06, 2018

This was a very beneficial course for me. The instructors were marvelous and covered their respective topics to the T. Being a medical professional, we face breach in patient safety quiet frequently and to be able to understand some of the terms and tools which can be used to improve patient safety is extremely important. I am thankful to the instructors and Coursera for providing me with this opportunity.

By Aneesha V

Jul 09, 2020

it was an insightful and eye-opener course for a nurse like me from a low economic county. I would like to thank Coursera for such a wonderful opportunity. especially my sincere thanks to Mr. Bob who is doing a fantastic job and way he quotes all the examples is really useful for a person like me. special thanks to him.

By Dr. G N A

Jun 04, 2019

Thanks Coursera !!

Well the programme is so useful & easy to learn. Very detailed and un heard concepts were taught in a interesting way. I take this opportunity to thank Johns Hopkins University & the faculties for seemless classes.

#johnshopkins #coursera #thanksfaculties

Regards,

Dr. Ganesh N Adiki

By Mekha E R

Apr 30, 2020

This course gave me information more than I expected. By reading To Err is Human: Building a safer health system and Crossing the Quality Chasm: A new Health System for the 21st Century, added on to my knowledge. It was indeed a great experience to do this course. A big thanks to the faculty.

By VPR S

Feb 17, 2020

This is my first online course which made me more thrilled and very good learning experience.Thanks to all faculties for their wonderful delivery .Thank you for the efforts taken to deliver to the point.

Feeling Happy to see the Certificate at the End of the Course.

By Nguyen T H

May 31, 2019

The course is very useful for all off medical professionals. I've learnt a lot how to improve healthcare system. I hope that I can apply the knowledge to boost Vietnam Healthcare System. I have enjoyed lectures of Dr. Bob Feroli. He's amazing! Thanks Coursera.

By Keleisha E

Jul 04, 2020

Wonderful wonderful course! I thoroughly enjoyed learning about the many aspects of patient safety, and appreciate the input from the experts who have first-hand experience. Thank you for the quizzes, making this course easily accessible and free of charge :)

By Alina D

Sep 15, 2020

Being an Occupational Health and Safety professional it is so refreshing to see concepts I have encountered being very well utilised in managing an alternate array of risks. I am considering pursuing further study in this area as a result of this course!

By Haris K

Apr 06, 2020

Its really good course for healthcare providers. I encourage all healthcare providers and also healthcare management to do this course. It will surely help you a lot, in many different ways to improve patient safety and provide quality care to patients.