Back to Patient Safety and Quality Improvement: Developing a Systems View (Patient Safety I)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Patient Safety and Quality Improvement: Developing a Systems View (Patient Safety I) by Johns Hopkins University

In this course, you will be able develop a systems view for patient safety and quality improvement in healthcare. By then end of this course, you will be able to: 1) Describe a minimum of four key events in the history of patient safety and quality improvement, 2) define the key characteristics of high reliability organizations, and 3) explain the benefits of having strategies for both proactive and reactive systems thinking....

JA

Feb 15, 2019

Indeed the facilitators have really done well in delivery of the content, I will organize all my friends to enroll in the course. You are indeed doing a wonderful job. Kudos to you guys.

DO

Aug 14, 2018

the course content was very clear and organized\n\nthe lecturer was great. take my attention form the beginning to the end\n\nmaybe it needs only to add some case studies videos

1 - 25 of 79 Reviews for Patient Safety and Quality Improvement: Developing a Systems View (Patient Safety I)

By K.N. S

May 29, 2018

All the courses in the Patient Safety specialization are very informative and up to a certain level that you would expect. The first two courses do not have a grading system depending on peer reviews and is great for people with a time limit. I myself am a medical professional working as PA, and found the content highly interesting and applicable in real life settings. recommended for professionals in the field!

By Jeff P

Nov 01, 2018

I recently joined a health care organization in an administrative services function. This course enabled me to understand complexities of patient safety and key concepts for reducing error through a systems thinking approach. I believe it will help me communication better, and collaborate, with our professionals in all disciplines.

By Michael M F

Jun 02, 2019

I liked the course so much. The materials were well prepared and the instructors' explanation were magnificent. I totally recommend this course for all health care professionals especially those interested in a career related to patient safety.

By JAMES B A

Feb 15, 2019

By Florence T

Jul 23, 2019

This course has given deeper insight into the patient safety management concepts for beginner! Thanks to the instructors!

By JONATHAN H

Mar 16, 2018

It is very usefull and it explains how to solve the problems and the errors that are occuring in the helathcare sector .

By Uche E

Apr 12, 2019

This course has been helpful and I'm glad to have been able to gain more knowledge and applications through this course

By Mohammad A Q

Dec 18, 2019

It was a very informative course. The topics were discussed in a very simple way. The concepts were explained with

By Richard C

Jul 08, 2018

Excellent course! I am researching Highly Reliable Organizations and this course provided valuable insights.

By LUIZ N S F

Nov 22, 2019

Systematic evaluation of possible errors and constant reassessment of improvement in quality of care

By ALEXIS A

Jun 02, 2019

I really learned more than what I’ve expected and desired on patient safety and quality improvement.

By Jael G D

Mar 21, 2018

EXCELLENT

By Samriddhi R

Dec 06, 2018

This was a very beneficial course for me. The instructors were marvelous and covered their respective topics to the T. Being a medical professional, we face breach in patient safety quiet frequently and to be able to understand some of the terms and tools which can be used to improve patient safety is extremely important. I am thankful to the instructors and Coursera for providing me with this opportunity.

By Maria D d M

Mar 04, 2018

The only topic I think needs improvement is in proactive security actions. In the course they did not talk about actions regarding hazard notifications (risk circumstances) and continuous improvement in surveillance of safety practices, which I believe to be Proactive actions. The rest of the course wonderful. extremely didactic, dynamic, and engaging. Congratulations to the authors and staff.

By Leo M

Feb 18, 2018

I greatly enjoyed this course. It supplied a tremendous amount of up-to-date information on the healthcare setting, its problems and statistics. One of the most interesting aspects of this course were the factual statistics provided. The information learned allowed me to think outside the box when it pertains to issues and problems within the healthcare setting.

By Dr. G N A

Jun 04, 2019

Thanks Coursera !!

Well the programme is so useful & easy to learn. Very detailed and un heard concepts were taught in a interesting way. I take this opportunity to thank Johns Hopkins University & the faculties for seemless classes.

#johnshopkins #coursera #thanksfaculties

Regards,

Dr. Ganesh N Adiki

By Nguyen T H

May 31, 2019

The course is very useful for all off medical professionals. I've learnt a lot how to improve healthcare system. I hope that I can apply the knowledge to boost Vietnam Healthcare System. I have enjoyed lectures of Dr. Bob Feroli. He's amazing! Thanks Coursera.

By Sabine B

Jul 11, 2019

I was really impressed by the course content and the and the way the course was presented. I also love the easiness of navigating through the course and have already recommended coursera to some of my colleagues.

Thank you.

By Tianyu J

Jul 10, 2019

I think the first week course has really provides me the general conception of the development process of patient safety.Also, I went deeply through the three milestone reports. Learned a lot from them!

By Berta A M C

Sep 30, 2019

Interesantísimo, muy didáctico y fácil de comprender. Me gustaría colaborar en su traducción al español, para que más personas tengan acceso a esta información. Saludos y gracias.

By Riley K

Jan 22, 2020

This was an excellent course to provide anyone who works in a healthcare field with the skills to improve their entire organization and reduce preventable harm to patients.

By Dr. M F K O

Aug 14, 2018

the course content was very clear and organized

the lecturer was great. take my attention form the beginning to the end

maybe it needs only to add some case studies videos

By Bernadette C O d l F

Dec 23, 2018

I work in this field and found all of the material, lectures and quiz material/testing to be exactly what a practitioner needs to focus on patient safety. Thank you!

By Finny C

May 22, 2019

Even though this course is at the beginner level, its is very useful and effective one to learn the subjects which many of us don't know. Thanks you coursera and JHM

By Deusdenir d S M

Oct 22, 2019

Wonderful! All the health´s professionals must do it! And also includes others professionals who work in this area (healthcare). It is essential.