Oct 07, 2016
I loved this course. I am pretty good at grammar, but it was good to review some rules. I took it in four days, each day I completed one week. Every day I spent on average two hours on the course.
Jul 01, 2019
That is a well done, informative course. I brushed up my English and understood some basic — and yet overlooked— grammar rules and the logic behind the use of the present perfect tense.
By Marcela C C•
May 17, 2019
I loved it. The course provides lots of practice which is very good.
By JULIO V•
Jan 09, 2019
Nice course, I would like to thank you the team of the University of Carolina Irvine, for making this fantastic course, I feel really greatfull I hope you can help much people.
By Meghal S•
Jul 23, 2016
I like this course very much.
Through this course I learnt lot of things which I never learnt before.
Thanks to all.
I would like to learn other coursers also.
By amrit p•
Aug 19, 2017
THanks to the COURSERA team. I am really obliged and will be always. Especial thanks to my TEACHERS and THE TEAM and of course to my sweet FRIENDS. Thanks again.
By Khalid A•
Sep 19, 2018
By Dalia M E•
Mar 07, 2017
I would like to have direct feedback instead of just reviews like: " review your tenses, or review your grammar" I mean, I would like to know exactly where is my mistake, and how to correct it.
Good course, I really learned to much about the tenses.
By Thomas Z•
Jan 10, 2018
There were many things that could be done in a much better way:
- The quizzes contain way too less questions. There should be at least 15 to 20 of them to be done in the respect of proving someone's capabilities. These should be drawn by chance out of a much bigger pool - at least three times more than displayed in one quiz. After each trial should be a break of at least one hour to force the student to read and learn about the subject. Now it's enough to memorize the wrong answers and don't mark them again when doing the next trial one minute later. Its way too easy to get a good percentage even if you know pretty nothing.
- There are two or sometimes three modules in one week. This is too much. One module - one week. I think the courses should last at least six ( better 8) weeks to assure the topics covered were well understood.
- The videos are made in a bad quality - sometimes it sounds as they were recorded by an Edison's phonograph.
- The peer-to-peer assignments should need at least 5 reviews to get an average which is not influenced by a student who has no idea about the topics and is marking correct sentences as wrong ones.
- The 'pointage' in the reviews done by peers should offer a wider possibility of differenciation in rating.
- The performance of the orthography should be rated in every review. Nearly a third of the submissions I read were done in a grousy manner.
- The courses 2 and 3 shouldn't run the same course-weeks at the same time. Some students try to save some money and rush through both courses at the same time to get the certificate in less than four weeks. Doing this way, the efficiency decrases. As I already mentioned before, the amount is too much in one week in one course. Redoubling the workload will exacerbate the situation.
- The certificates should show the percentage the student earned. It is not very difficult to get a certificate in any of your courses no matter which subject and student's rare knowledge. I earned 100% and get the same certificate as another one who hardly passed. Even there is no credit related to any academical carreer, I'd prefer to impress somebody with a result of A++ written on the certificate.
Sincerely, Thomas Zimmermann
By Olga D•
Oct 26, 2017
There is very little reading material. Peer graded assignments are useless, I'd prefer to see feedback from the teacher who knows the subject rather than from students who are not yet confident. I got feedbacks that had more mistakes than my work had. There is no forum to ask questions. Subscription fee is too expensive for the amount of learning material given, sorry.
By Ville S•
Feb 11, 2017
Having only video lessons is really heavy and time consuming. I'd like to have all the material in written format too so that i can come back to skim trough how some modal or tense works. Now if i wanted to recap something, i had to guess the video, and then watch it just to notice it wasn't the right one. Super difficult. Having all the material in well formatted written format, i could been able to easily skip the parts i already know. Now it wan't possible and i had to spend way too much time for simple things.
Also more practices would have been nice. Now there was like three quiz questions per topic. that's not enough for proper learning. Most of the "gamified" practices outside coursera were good though. I encourage you to have more links outside coursera and point out material where i could deepen my knowledge about the topic.
Also some times this course didn't explain differences between different ways of saying the same thing. It confused me a lot as i wasn't sure why one would say it in one way and other in some other way. If different ways of saying same things do not have any difference in meaning, nor emphasis on different things, it definitely should be mentioned too as it is also very valuable information.
This course has lots of potential and the structure was good, but due to lack of good written material i can't recommend this to any of my friends :/
By Abraham G•
Jun 20, 2016
To lock a quiz for payment is mean.
By Eduardo I A•
Jan 15, 2019
Really good and useful.
By Agustin S•
Jan 31, 2019
Extremely happy - Very detail, practical and tons of exercises - love that
By Ann D•
Feb 05, 2019
Great presentation, interesting and fun course. Recommended for everyone!
By Jhonnar A R C•
Feb 05, 2019
Excellent course I learned so much. The greatest grammatical course I have ever taken!
By Jacinto A•
Jan 23, 2019
Lo considero verdaderamente único. gracias coursera por permitirme haberlo tomado.
By Andrés I•
Dec 17, 2018
This course is amazing, We can learn english in this platform.
Jan 02, 2019
Useful and fun course, thanks a lot for your work teachers!!
By Pramod S•
Jan 02, 2019
This is a very good course to achieve good in English Speaking and writing.
By Talgatbek K•
Dec 17, 2018
By Ahmad B•
Jan 06, 2019
Great lectures and amazing information sorting :)
By Stephanie P•
Jan 12, 2019
I recommend this course I learned a lot.
Easy, fast, practical.
By Abdullah J•
Feb 15, 2019
thank you very much for this course, it was so helpful for me.
By Mhd A k•
Feb 10, 2019
t was a very helpful courses to know how to use modals.
By Nesma A•
Mar 02, 2019
Wow! I really like this course. Such an amazing course!
I'll continue the rest modules.
By Elizabeth V M M•
Mar 06, 2019