Back to Perfect Tenses and Modals

Perfect Tenses and Modals, University of California, Irvine

About this Course

This is the first course in the Learn English: Intermediate Grammar specialization. In this course, you will learn about important intermediate verb tenses, including present perfect, present perfect progressive, past perfect, and past perfect progressive. You will also learn about common modal verbs used in English. This course is designed for learners who have a basic understanding of English grammar but who want to learn more and improve their skills for everyday speaking or writing, as well as for academics. It will be a fun class with lots of entertaining and informative video lectures....

By GL

Oct 07, 2016

I loved this course. I am pretty good at grammar, but it was good to review some rules. I took it in four days, each day I completed one week. Every day I spent on average two hours on the course.

By JV

Jan 09, 2019

Nice course, I would like to thank you the team of the University of Carolina Irvine, for making this fantastic course, I feel really greatfull I hope you can help much people.

265 Reviews

By Abdullah Jaora

Feb 15, 2019

thank you very much for this course, it was so helpful for me.

By Mhd Ammar kahawati

Feb 10, 2019

t was a very helpful courses to know how to use modals.

By Ann Deschenes

Feb 05, 2019

Great presentation, interesting and fun course. Recommended for everyone!

By Jhonnar Argenis Rodríguez Colina

Feb 05, 2019

Excellent course I learned so much. The greatest grammatical course I have ever taken!

By Agustin Smith

Jan 31, 2019

Extremely happy - Very detail, practical and tons of exercises - love that

By Mohamed Ibrahim

Jan 24, 2019

That's really a good course for me i would thank these amazing teacher for every thing

By Mykhailo Ostapysko

Jan 23, 2019

Due to this course I finally understand and can explain to anybody the diffrence between past simple, past perfect and past perfect continuous. Whenver I open a book in Englihs language and see there any of this tenses, I know why the hell there is used exactly that tense.

By Jacinto Arteaga

Jan 23, 2019

Lo considero verdaderamente único. gracias coursera por permitirme haberlo tomado.

By Eduardo Irahola Azad

Jan 15, 2019

Really good and useful.

By Li Yunyu

Jan 13, 2019

It is a wonderful course! It has strengthened my knowledge of English gramma.