Back to Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom by University of California, Irvine

Effective measures of performance and assessment are a crucial component of any virtual program. Teachers and administrators must understand both the myths and challenges of assessing performance virtually, administering standardized testing with geographical challenges, and complying with state and local requirements to make sure students are meeting requirements. This course will discuss student performance in a virtual classroom, formats of virtual assessments, assessing special populations, including at-risk, gifted, and special needs students, data analysis of virtual course gradebooks, and learning management systems as related to performance and assessment. This course will enable teachers to see the importance of communication and organization in managing virtual caseloads, and monitoring student learning remotely through the effective use of learning management system features....

AN

Jun 08, 2020

Great course! Learning about grade book integrity has changed my outlook on the assignments I provide and how I categorize my own grade book. Thanks.

AV

Jun 29, 2020

this was an eye opener. Most of the time you follow but there are wide variety of concepts which you need to keep in mind while evaluating.

26 - 50 of 52 Reviews for Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom

Dec 26, 2016

Thank u.

By Abdelatif A

May 14, 2017

Although the domain of performance assessment in the virtual classroom was completely new to me, taking this course made me feel fully equipped with the knowledge and the applicable strategies to succeed in any project that relates to the field. The peer-graded assessment was the best part of all, because it helped me put everything together.

By Patricia V

Aug 15, 2016

I really enjoyed the mathematical point and percentage explanation and the tools to grade assignments enlightening . I always have struggled with the math of grading. I felt that the first and second weeks were very repetitive information; therefore I didn't give it a five star. Otherwise, I thought it was good information. Thanks

By Adriana D

Sep 22, 2016

Really helpful course, though discussion forums seemed to be available at the end of the course, they wasn´t really available. Presentations sometimes ask you to go to those unavailable forums. Teacher was great (and has the same name as my mom :D) But had some grading issues with 2 questions on quizes

By Junaid Z

Jul 21, 2020

Great hands-on especially the grade book. I would recommend that everyone even those who are involved with undergraduates do attend this course. As the principles are the same.

By Philipp T

Jul 29, 2020

I really liked the content of the third week. But I think the quizzes are too easy this time. Could have been complex like in the first 2 courses. They really gave me hell. :)

By Tracey J K

Nov 26, 2018

Excellent information presented, high quality PPTs and resources. Information on technology needs to be updated since classroom tech is advancing so quickly.

By Jahir L

Aug 07, 2020

The course is very useful. I would suggest to concentrate less in the grading and more in the engagement and integrity of assessment of online courses.

By Mary F

Jul 18, 2020

The course was informative especially on the analysis of a grade book. However, there are a number of reading links that do not work.

By Kelly

Mar 01, 2017

Material is explained well and the comprehension checks along the way are helpful.

By Juan H B S

Feb 18, 2018

Great course. Really helpful!

By Dr M R K

c

e

!

By Dr.Neelu J A

Good

By Mujawar J H

Apr 26, 2020

Good

By Amy M

Jan 25, 2017

Too easy.

By Inge R

Sep 03, 2017

I work at an university of applied sciences and this course is still rather basic. It would have been great if they would have made the extra step, not only covering how a proper grade book should be set-up, but also what type of assessments should be included and in which way in order to make it a valid assessment tool. For instance, if I would build a MC exam test bank, how many questions should be in there, when would you give students more opportunities and why? And how to create an online test bank easiest? Some tips and tricks would have been great. I also missed how you could add more of a personalized way of assessing people online. And how to design proper online peer reviews and when is it valid to add the outcome to the final grade? So for the very basics, this is a good class to start, but if you wish more, I would not it.