Back to Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom by University of California, Irvine

Effective measures of performance and assessment are a crucial component of any virtual program. Teachers and administrators must understand both the myths and challenges of assessing performance virtually, administering standardized testing with geographical challenges, and complying with state and local requirements to make sure students are meeting requirements. This course will discuss student performance in a virtual classroom, formats of virtual assessments, assessing special populations, including at-risk, gifted, and special needs students, data analysis of virtual course gradebooks, and learning management systems as related to performance and assessment. This course will enable teachers to see the importance of communication and organization in managing virtual caseloads, and monitoring student learning remotely through the effective use of learning management system features....

AN

Jun 08, 2020

Great course! Learning about grade book integrity has changed my outlook on the assignments I provide and how I categorize my own grade book. Thanks.

AV

Jun 29, 2020

this was an eye opener. Most of the time you follow but there are wide variety of concepts which you need to keep in mind while evaluating.

1 - 25 of 44 Reviews for Performance Assessment in the Virtual Classroom

By Andrea C

May 25, 2016

I found our instructor to be effective, and this course to be well taught and administered. The instructional material was an excellent preparation for the assessment, which made it a guide and model in addition to being a good course.

If six stars were statistically permissible, I would have given six stars.

By Julie M

Dec 04, 2018

I gained so much from taking this course. I especially appreciate the materials presented that touched on statistical analysis of the grade book. I will most definitely use the tips the instructor gave on adding feedback in the virtual c

By GLENDA T D R

Jun 07, 2020

I LOVE THE DISCUSSION. EACH VIDEO IS VERY EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND THE CONCEPTS BEING DISCUSSED SOMEHOW REPEATEDLY APPEARED AND HAS BEEN REPEATEDLY USED IN EACH MODULE -- ALLOWING ME TO MASTER THE CONCEPTS AND IDEA IN ASSESSMENT.

By Adriana N

Jun 08, 2020

By Humaira J

Module 3 was the most helpful. The week assignment was excellent. I learned things I never thought I need improvement in. Thanks so much!

By Abhishek V

By July A B M

Feb 07, 2019

The content is wonderful. I will be able to be a great virtual teacher thanks to the guide I got from this course.

By Dr. G M D

Excellent Course. It provides in depth knowledge to the instructor. The course explains each concept clearly

By Cristina M C M

Jul 19, 2018

An excellent course with examples and the own experience of the teacher who shares in each lesson.

By Nanda P

Jun 26, 2020

good experience to have new virtual assessments and performance tips.

By Rajeev G

Jun 27, 2020

Really this course will be very beneficial in our professional life

By Sahito, D B

Jul 05, 2020

Nice course . Thanks to the facilitator. brilliant

By Jitendra Y

the course has justified the value addition

By Devkant K

Well Designed. Good Practical Exposure.

By Ravi S S

Jun 28, 2020

Excellent course, well planned!!!

By Nicole L H

Nov 12, 2017

Excellent course. Well done!

By Bomma R