Back to Introduction to Physical Chemistry

Introduction to Physical Chemistry, University of Manchester

About this Course

Chemical reactions underpin the production of pretty much everything in our modern world. But, what is the driving force behind reactions? Why do some reactions occur over geological time scales whilst others are so fast that we need femtosecond-pulsed lasers to study them? Ultimately, what is going on at the atomic level? Discover the answers to such fundamental questions and more on this course in introductory physical chemistry. The course covers the key concepts of three of the principal topics in first-year undergraduate physical chemistry: thermodynamics, kinetics and quantum mechanics. These three topics cover whether or not reactions occur, how fast they go and what is actually going on at the sub-atomic scale....

By LL

Nov 17, 2016

The information in this course is very useful. Help me to understand one of the part of physical chemistry. And the lectures are very clearly So thank Professors for the course!!

By EE

Jul 25, 2016

Excelente curso que enseña las bases de la química desde un punto de vista físico, lo recomiendo fervientemente.

46 Reviews

By Виталинарий Солнцев

Sep 15, 2018

Concise and interesting course

By Michael Fredericksen

Aug 29, 2018

This was a bit challenging since I did not do well in high school chemistry. Learned a lot and enjoyed the class, I simply wish the final quizzes had answers to them so I could compare mine to the correct one.

By Ruben Andres Rodriguez Pineda

Aug 25, 2018

Muy buen curso y ademas las evaluaciones muy bien estructuradas. Felicitaciones a los docentes y a la Universidad de Manchester.

By SHYAMKRISHNAN SUDHIR

Aug 06, 2018

Thank you!

By Akulov Vasilii Evgenevich

Jul 06, 2018

I would like to express my great gratitude to the creators of the course.Unfortunately, chemical kinetics speaker was not so impressive as others. It is necessary to mark the perfect selection of study themes. Everything was very helpful. Thank you.

By Jonathan Golland

Feb 25, 2018

interesting but also boring as hell. Had no idea there was math involved!

By Fajar Batara Dirham

Dec 06, 2017

5 star cuz i passed

By Shuai Yin

Sep 08, 2017

This course help me to establish a much more clear understand to the basic theory of the physical chemistry. I really want to show my thank to the professors here.

By Beau Atwater

Aug 26, 2017

Very good introduction to physical chemistry.

By GARIMELLA RADHA MANOHAR

Jul 29, 2017

nice course but I could not able to complete it...