Back to Introduction to Physical Chemistry

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Physical Chemistry by University of Manchester

Chemical reactions underpin the production of pretty much everything in our modern world. But, what is the driving force behind reactions? Why do some reactions occur over geological time scales whilst others are so fast that we need femtosecond-pulsed lasers to study them? Ultimately, what is going on at the atomic level? Discover the answers to such fundamental questions and more on this course in introductory physical chemistry. The course covers the key concepts of three of the principal topics in first-year undergraduate physical chemistry: thermodynamics, kinetics and quantum mechanics. These three topics cover whether or not reactions occur, how fast they go and what is actually going on at the sub-atomic scale....

DS
Jun 5, 2020

Thank you so much for giving and including this syllabus which is is very helpfull for my accademic.The lectures given was so clear, and understandabe and also the virtual labs were very fine.

QY
Sep 22, 2016

I like this course very much as it talks clearly about the basic concept in this course.\n\n(Prerequisite: I have learned this course before, I just try to review all the info in this class.)

26 - 50 of 105 Reviews for Introduction to Physical Chemistry

By Sheshaddri M G

Jul 3, 2021

An excellent course to learn about thermodynamics, quantum chemistry and other important elements of physical chemistry. The instructors explained the topics really well, and the quizzes were intense enough to make sure you truly understand the subject. The virtual experiments were pretty cool as well!

By SALOMÓN C P

Apr 28, 2021

I am infinitely grateful for the ease of being able to reinforce the knowledge. Because in the specialty subjects, the basic foundations and the principles of Physicochemical are of transcendental important to solve real problems of daily life and understand the phenomena of nature.

By Michael F

Aug 29, 2018

This was a bit challenging since I did not do well in high school chemistry. Learned a lot and enjoyed the class, I simply wish the final quizzes had answers to them so I could compare mine to the correct one.

By Shuai Y

Sep 8, 2017

This course help me to establish a much more clear understand to the basic theory of the physical chemistry. I really want to show my thank to the professors here.

By Mila G

Nov 27, 2020

Great course! Helped me a lot and provided a different view on some fundamental chemical branches. It is great because it's summarized and not too complicated.

By 刘敏昊

Jul 18, 2017

I really think this is a great challenge for high school students to choose, but it truly taught me something that interesting and relate to my future study.

By JEAN L C S

Jun 20, 2020

An excellent course in physical chemistry with interesting lab practices to cover the principles of thermodynamics, kinetics and quantum chemistry.

By MATEUS P D S

Sep 12, 2020

Parabéns aos envolvidos, um conteúdo passado com clareza e objetividade de uma maneira mais fácil de entender. É um curso maravilhoso

By Sofia O

May 8, 2020

This course was very helpful to me. I really enjoyed it. I think the lenght of the videos was perfect and the quizes kept me excited.

By Shovon B

Apr 30, 2020

Amazing course. Thanks to University of Manchester and Coursera for this course. I've learnt a lot of important things from here. :)

By Ruben A R P

Aug 25, 2018

Muy buen curso y ademas las evaluaciones muy bien estructuradas. Felicitaciones a los docentes y a la Universidad de Manchester.

By Saul O A

Oct 24, 2016

Me gusto el curso. El laboratorio virtual fue de mucha ayuda y ayuda a visualizar los ejercicios de mejor manera. Excelente

By Daniela C M

Aug 24, 2020

Excelente Curso, proporciona conocimiento en varios temas y profundiza mucho para mejorar el entendimiento de los mismos.

By Sheila R V

Oct 1, 2020

It's really an excellent course , it helped me to define well my foundations in physical-chemistry,

Thank you very much!

By Roman P

Jul 27, 2021

A brilliant, fascinating and accessible course. Highly recommended for anyone interested in chemistry and/or physics.

By Ashish R

Jul 12, 2020

I found the course really useful , especially the practical sections at the end of every theoretical explanations.

By MOHAMED M P

Oct 22, 2020

The course is very good and easy to understand for any science students who likes to learn physical chemistry

By Geert P

Dec 21, 2015

Super course, clear in the theoretical analysis, good practice quizzes and interesting virtual lab exercises.

By Joydeep S

Excellent course content and really very useful in understanding the modern applications of nanotechnology.

By Connie S

Jul 2, 2017

Great course! It serves as a good bridge between A-levels and an undergraduate degree in chemistry.

By Jorge M

Nov 7, 2016

muy bueno.. pero seria mucho mejor con los subtitulos en español para los que no hablamos ingles

By phamngocthanh

Aug 14, 2015

The course is very useful and easy to understand for non-chemistry major student. Thank you

By alex c

Feb 13, 2019

Very informative and initiated my understanding about physical chemistry. Many thanks!!

By Norina P

Nov 12, 2015

it's perfect . you actually don't need to know nothing before starting this course !!

By Dhananjay V

Jan 3, 2021

These teachers and this course just might be the best I've ever had in a long time.