Back to Introduction to Physical Chemistry

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Physical Chemistry by University of Manchester

Chemical reactions underpin the production of pretty much everything in our modern world. But, what is the driving force behind reactions? Why do some reactions occur over geological time scales whilst others are so fast that we need femtosecond-pulsed lasers to study them? Ultimately, what is going on at the atomic level? Discover the answers to such fundamental questions and more on this course in introductory physical chemistry. The course covers the key concepts of three of the principal topics in first-year undergraduate physical chemistry: thermodynamics, kinetics and quantum mechanics. These three topics cover whether or not reactions occur, how fast they go and what is actually going on at the sub-atomic scale....

QY

Sep 23, 2016

I like this course very much as it talks clearly about the basic concept in this course.\n\n(Prerequisite: I have learned this course before, I just try to review all the info in this class.)

LL

Nov 17, 2016

The information in this course is very useful. Help me to understand one of the part of physical chemistry. And the lectures are very clearly So thank Professors for the course!!

1 - 25 of 67 Reviews for Introduction to Physical Chemistry

By MANIKANT

Mar 04, 2019

This was an unbelievabable lecture.i have learn first time the schrodinger wave equation.fantastic lecture i have ever seen.many many thanks to my dear prof.

Nov 30, 2015

I find that this course is very well organized, clear and useful for those who are interested in Physical Chemistry. The theoretical concepts are explained step by step, through mathematical equations and practical exercises. I have particularly appreciated the virtual labs and the computer simulations, because I found them very challenging and helpful to understand the application of concepts.

Since the topics (Thermodinamics, Chemical Kinetics, and Quantum Chemistry) are fundamentals to really understand Chemistry, I strongly recommend this course.

Raffaele Pescitelli

By Mason W

Apr 13, 2020

A really interesting and well thought-out course that fed my curiosity for undergraduate level chemistry after finishing my A-Levels.

By Ghammad F

Mar 26, 2020

The course is really well constructed, very well explained and useful for having strong solid bases in physical chemistry !

By egeres

Jul 25, 2016

Excelente curso que enseña las bases de la química desde un punto de vista físico, lo recomiendo fervientemente.

By Jeremy G

Mar 03, 2020

The lecturer's accent was nice, and the concepts he covered in the lectures were well explained, but the first quiz required a great deal of chemistry knowledge that was not covered in the videos. I did not expect an "Introduction" class to require prerequisites. I'll try this course again after taking an actual introduction course.

By Jonathan G

Feb 25, 2018

interesting but also boring as hell. Had no idea there was math involved!

By Antonio J M R

Apr 10, 2016

This is a really suitable course for Physical Chemistry lovers and students, whichs introduces you into the world of Quantums, Thermodinamics and Kinetics, with wonderful videos plentiful of explanations, and really good programation, that encourages students. Congratulations to all the organazing lecturers!!

By Varun B

Jun 19, 2017

This course was well thought of, organised according to level of difficulty and came with cogent examples for each concept explained. However, the quality of sound in the latter videos sometimes hindered thorough comprehension which can be taken care of. Overall, one of the best courses I have done.

By Andrew K

Apr 27, 2020

The content is quality and explained well. The assessment quizzes are instructive for applying concepts to problems. The quizzes were quite easy which is helpful for understanding the basic concepts. More difficult problems would be welcome.

By Michael F

Aug 29, 2018

This was a bit challenging since I did not do well in high school chemistry. Learned a lot and enjoyed the class, I simply wish the final quizzes had answers to them so I could compare mine to the correct one.

By qiaomu Y

Sep 23, 2016

By ledinhlam

Nov 17, 2016

By Pham T H

May 12, 2020

It's really helpful to me. Great thanks to our Professors and coursea. It help me to understand much more about physical chemistry so that I can use it in my field. Great!

By Shuai Y

Sep 08, 2017

This course help me to establish a much more clear understand to the basic theory of the physical chemistry. I really want to show my thank to the professors here.

By 刘敏昊

Jul 18, 2017

I really think this is a great challenge for high school students to choose, but it truly taught me something that interesting and relate to my future study.

By Sofia O

May 08, 2020

This course was very helpful to me. I really enjoyed it. I think the lenght of the videos was perfect and the quizes kept me excited.

By Shovon B

Apr 30, 2020

Amazing course. Thanks to University of Manchester and Coursera for this course. I've learnt a lot of important things from here. :)

By Ruben A R P

Aug 25, 2018

Muy buen curso y ademas las evaluaciones muy bien estructuradas. Felicitaciones a los docentes y a la Universidad de Manchester.

By Saul O A

Oct 24, 2016

Me gusto el curso. El laboratorio virtual fue de mucha ayuda y ayuda a visualizar los ejercicios de mejor manera. Excelente

By Geert P

Dec 21, 2015

Super course, clear in the theoretical analysis, good practice quizzes and interesting virtual lab exercises.

By Joydeep S

Excellent course content and really very useful in understanding the modern applications of nanotechnology.

By Cornelia S

Jul 02, 2017

Great course! It serves as a good bridge between A-levels and an undergraduate degree in chemistry.

By Jorge M

Nov 07, 2016

muy bueno.. pero seria mucho mejor con los subtitulos en español para los que no hablamos ingles

By phamngocthanh

Aug 14, 2015

The course is very useful and easy to understand for non-chemistry major student. Thank you