Back to Introductory Human Physiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introductory Human Physiology by Duke University

LL

Jun 02, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.\n\nThis course is AMAZING! Though sometimes I felt overwhelmed and couldn't remember everything, I think it was worth every effort and energy.

KN

Apr 16, 2018

I am an incoming medical student here in the Philippines and this course has provided me with enough background about the human body and the underlying machinery of every system associated with it.

401 - 419 of 419 Reviews for Introductory Human Physiology

Mar 15, 2017

Great!

By Gabriela B O

Feb 03, 2016

Toda la informacion contenida en este cerso es excelente y ayuda mucho la catidad de diapositivas e imagenes que emplean para cada tema, sin embargo, los subtitulos en español por lo menos están deszincronizados, algunas veces terminan primero que todo el tema que se abarca en la clase, otras veces el video esta por terminar y los subtitulos se quedan a tras y en ocaciones el video se queda sin subtitulos haciendo imposible seguir la clase con claridad. Sugiero que haya una solucion rapida a este problema a la brevedad para poder aprovechar al maximo toda la información y conocimiento que nos aporta este curso de fisiología.

By Sateesh K

Sep 18, 2015

Learnt a lot of stuff on how things happen inside all of us.

Struggled in few sections, as i have not been in tough with physiology ...

Feel program could be much more valuable by using

1) 3D videos to support the lecture

2) more examples of the application of the concepts in real life

3) increase the extent of interdisciplinary elements (Sports, medical, day in the life...)

4) Videos of Experts to share their findings/research

By Hrishikesh G

Sep 05, 2015

I watch the videos after work when I get home and Jennifer Carbrey puts me to sleep. The presentation is such that it is very difficult to stay focused.

By Carolyn J M

Aug 29, 2015

There's a lot of material and it's hard to grasp it all. Hopefully that will improve as the course continues.

By Hanyue

Sep 15, 2015

The course seems to require a high level of foundation knowledge that I don't necessarily have

By Rachel G

Jan 15, 2018

I am off on medical leave from work with a concussion. I can barely read at this time.

By nighat i

Dec 12, 2016

It's really informative and helpful.I will definitely recommend it.

By Susan H

Jan 18, 2017

Very much a straight lecture course of rather difficult material.

By Henrio J

Jan 16, 2019

Decomposing the course into shorter videos would make it better.

By Rafael M d S

Feb 21, 2016

The course should give more details.

By Rosemary R

Apr 29, 2016

Good.

By j

Aug 12, 2017

A lot of WHAT, but very little WHY. Instead of going from the whole to the detail, the minutia of selective parts are laid out. Old-school schooling, not conducive for understanding principles. Not recommended.

By Tetsuo U

Aug 25, 2019

Just finished the first half of the week 1, I will update as I progress.

By Joshua S

Dec 09, 2019

It is so hard to learn from a professor who can't get through 2 sentences without stumbling over her thoughts, mumbling, trailing off and not finishing her sentence, etc. Perhaps if she spent less time pretending to be John Madden with her little board, she could focus on being an effective orator. Perhaps the second professor would have been better, but after 2 hours of listening to Dr. Jakoi, I now have to contact Coursera to see if I can get a refund or switch courses.

By Andrei H

Mar 17, 2017

Very hard to follow. Needs to clarify more on it's work.