Back to Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions by University of Pennsylvania

Positive interventions are one of the building blocks for the application of positive psychology in our day-to-day lives. In this course taught by Dr. James Pawelski, we explore positive interventions through theory, research and practice. We provide learners the basic tools for using and measuring positive psychology in professional or personal contexts. Suggested prerequisite: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science....

NR

really joyful course. Some things were of course a repetition of "Resilience Skills" I took before, but it was also a lot of new knowledge. The professor's passion about the topic really comes across

LX
Apr 16, 2020

A comprehensive introductory view of validated positive interventions in positive psychology, adopting a hands-on approach in assignments to allow all participants to engage in the practices timely.

426 - 450 of 478 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions

By Ash B

Oct 18, 2018

It felt like a bit of repeat of the first course in many areas but I did learn a lot. I think more time needed to be dedicated to his own research instead of just paraphrasing so many other researchers.

By Pekka P

Jul 3, 2017

Good course. Some parts were left with little explanation: the hope scale results were hard to interpret. The Via survey was great - could have spent more time with that.

By Su-Kim R

Oct 27, 2019

I really like how this course focused on interventions that anyone can learn about and learn to apply in their lives, in any venue (personal, professional, etc).

By Andrew B

May 31, 2017

Great content, although left me hungering for a bit more explanation or links to access more information - for example a guide to interpreting the Hope Scale

By Ellen F

You can tell that a few areas were as stretch to get enough content. But what was taught was really excellent.

By Navneet S

Very enlightening course. More hands-on activities to apply the key learning could enhance the experience.

By Stephen M

Aug 19, 2020

Quite enjoyable class using a selection of widely available goal setting and evaluation models.

By Christine S G

May 1, 2020

It was a great experience and I look forward to the next set of classes..... Here we go.....

By Michelle K

Feb 21, 2019

quite good, I just found this one's assignments to be way harder compared to the others

By Nuttha W

Dec 11, 2018

Have good story and sample of Application & intervention to use psychology in life

By Wenling W

Jun 18, 2018

good knowledge to understand about positive emotions, strength and goal setting.

By Andee G

Jun 2, 2019

I enjoyed the practical application and tools explained in this course.

By Helen W

Feb 27, 2018

Interesting course with practical strategies and tips. highly recommend

By Hamdy E

Aug 20, 2017

very good course for using positive psychology to have a better life.

By Chaitali S

Jun 4, 2018

I believe everyone should take this course atleast once

By Reema

Sep 26, 2021

Great and valuable information, thank you very much

By Elisabeth d R

Apr 8, 2019

Learned a lot of new things. An inspiring course!

By Louis A K H T

Dec 16, 2018

I have really learnt a lot after this course.

By Tony L

Aug 4, 2021

Very well delivered and interesting course.

By MArta C

Feb 14, 2019

Not easy to follow, sometimes unattractive

By Jane H W

Jul 21, 2017

Pretty good course. Content was new to me.

By Lindsy R

May 25, 2019

Muy interesante

By Christina B

Jun 29, 2018

The content of this course was wonderful. However, it was difficult to do some of the assignments because so much depended on working with others on the assignments. I think this goal is wonderful, but we cannot control the availability of others. It makes it especially difficult if one does not have a romantic partner or is in the middle of a difficult situation with a life partner that prevents the completion of these exercises. The assignments were not always clear either. I was not always clear on what I was supposed to do and then to report. And many of the links were broken. I also found it to be an almost overwhelming amount of information. Again, I think I did gain valuable information; I like the lectures and enjoyed the reading material, but though the overall structure and assignments could have been clearer. Perhaps some study guides or organized downloads may have helped.