Back to Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions by University of Pennsylvania

Positive interventions are one of the building blocks for the application of positive psychology in our day-to-day lives. In this course taught by Dr. James Pawelski, we explore positive interventions through theory, research and practice. We provide learners the basic tools for using and measuring positive psychology in professional or personal contexts. Suggested prerequisite: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science....

NR

really joyful course. Some things were of course a repetition of "Resilience Skills" I took before, but it was also a lot of new knowledge. The professor's passion about the topic really comes across

LX
Apr 16, 2020

A comprehensive introductory view of validated positive interventions in positive psychology, adopting a hands-on approach in assignments to allow all participants to engage in the practices timely.

451 - 472 of 472 Reviews for Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions

By Stephanie S

Mar 20, 2021

I think the course was a bit too focused on Mr. Pawelski's personal experiences and lacked information about literature and research.

By Andrew K

Jan 15, 2018

Good though sometimes seems a bit about selling books. The content is also book based summaries plus anecdotes.

By Tim H

May 30, 2018

It was a little difficult to understand everything from the way it was presented, it wasn't always clear

By Печенкина А А

May 22, 2020

It almost just repeated the previous course and there was too little of exercices

By Davide M

Jul 5, 2018

too many things to improve in just one course! Very hard to apply

By Charlene M

Dec 29, 2019

The homework is a bit too personal for posting.

By Dennis K

Mar 19, 2019

The content is great.

By Kathy P

May 31, 2019

The information in this course seemed vague, repetitive, and poorly organized. Its focus was more on self-help than academic content. Many interesting ideas were introduced at the very end of the course, but they were quickly touched upon without enough information given to fully grasp the ideas. I considered not completing the specialization after taking this course, but the syllabus for the next one looks promising, so I will give it a try.

By Cesar F

Mar 2, 2020

The subject matter is really interesting but the way is transmitted do not help me progressmon the concepts more than if I just would be reading a book. Sometimes even less. .

I was and I am really interested but I was expecting much more in respect of training techniques

By Eila Z

Oct 10, 2020

The firts part of this course is really good. Didn't like this one nearly as much, the instructor is not very engaging and I think some lessons were a little boring and not that relevant, like the strenghts chat with his wife.

By Gail H

Mar 13, 2018

Graphics would have helped those of us who are visual spatial learners. Also, some of the quizzes really weren't indicative of the themes of the course.

By Tamara B

Apr 15, 2019

I would like to have some references about these subjects. It would be nice to have tips for good research articles and so on..

By Fabien C

Aug 14, 2018

too high level, too far from the reality, not concrete enough for me

By Phillip S

Sep 2, 2017

mostly review of course 1

By Elayne R

Jun 5, 2017

For the "Three good things" exercise, I got a failing grade from peers, which i feel is not justified.

I felt that "sharing the experience applying the exercise" was more important than just listing the three things every day, but the peer that reviewed my assignment didn't agree.

I didn't write down exactly what I said each day, though I did the exercise and said so. I also had a personal reflection about the exercise, which I thought through carefully, and which I felt really showed how I understood the purpose of the exercise. I don't think it was expressly said clearly enough when the assignment was set that all we needed to do was list the three things daily, and talk about why they were good. I don't really think that that is the basis of the exercise or the course, especially when I had a deeply personal reflection of the exercise. If all we need to do is list things, then I think it's a useless exercise, which doesn't really lead to personal insight. I could go back and redo the assignment, just listing things, but I don't think that's a really useful thing to do.

Also, I don't think it makes sense to explain why the good things happen each day...they just happen, and we notice them! There is no "why"...if we notice a beautiful sunset, there is no "reason" to explain why it happened. I wouldn't know what to say that would make a peer feel like I had a good "reason" to explain why the good things happened. If I need to go back and just make a silly list, and try to explain the inexplicable, just to pass the course, I will do so, but I don't feel that it really gets to the heart of what the exercise was attempting to have us realize and work through.

The rest of the course has been wonderful, and I've really been enjoying it, this is the first thing that I'm not really happy with.

By João C M F J

Sep 25, 2019

The learning resources are very poor: few readings, almost no visual aids, long speeches from Pawelski, which I don't think is the best way to learn, few exercises, exercises that demand memory instead of reflection, quizzes that also focus on memory rather than on understanding and application of knowledge. I expected something deeper, specially considering the time demanded by the course.

By Benjamin B

Apr 26, 2018

Site for this course is glitchy and material is missing. Much less science than I was expecting. More of a self improvement course. They did not seem to have proof read all of the material. So many issues with this course that I am not sure I will ever pay to take a coursera course again.

By Alec D

Mar 18, 2018

Delivery was boring and uninspiring.

Material has significant overlap and redundancy over the very first course.

Very little support or evidence was provided for claims provided in course.

By Aikido C

Mar 8, 2021

I have enrolled just for one course but they charge automatically without any warning

By Oana U

Jun 27, 2017

Basically I felt like I was subscribing to a zillion websites, as

By Jared E

Mar 29, 2018

Positive psychology is about as scientific as Scientology.