Back to Practical Machine Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Practical Machine Learning by Johns Hopkins University

One of the most common tasks performed by data scientists and data analysts are prediction and machine learning. This course will cover the basic components of building and applying prediction functions with an emphasis on practical applications. The course will provide basic grounding in concepts such as training and tests sets, overfitting, and error rates. The course will also introduce a range of model based and algorithmic machine learning methods including regression, classification trees, Naive Bayes, and random forests. The course will cover the complete process of building prediction functions including data collection, feature creation, algorithms, and evaluation....

MR
Aug 13, 2020

recommended for all the 21st centuary students who might be intrested to play with data in future or some kind of work related to make predictions systemically must have good knowledge of this course

AD
Feb 28, 2017

Issues of every stage of the construction of learning machine model, as well as issues with several different machine learning methods are well and in fine yet very understandable detail explained.

151 - 175 of 570 Reviews for Practical Machine Learning

By Alfonso R R

Nov 13, 2018

Hands on course. Loved it. It goes a little bit fast, however, the content is ambitious.

By Brian G

Aug 16, 2017

Great course. Mechanics of the final assignment are more difficult than the work itself.

By Sean D

Jun 10, 2020

Really liked Dr. Leek's talks, and the subject matter was interesting and kind of fun.

By Konstantin

Mar 2, 2020

Excellent course. Lots of exorbitantly useful knowledge. I`ve been lucky to start it.

By Donson Y

Sep 4, 2017

This is a fantasy course to know that how to build your first machine learning model.

By Jorge M A A

Apr 13, 2016

I enjoyed a lot this module, I'll use at my daily work some of the features I learned

By Premkumar S

Mar 16, 2019

Great course and farily challenging exercises! Thank You for putting this together!!

By Sai S S

Jul 17, 2017

Great course. Ways to curb plagiarism & cheating needs to be revisited by your team.

By Thet P S A

Aug 21, 2020

It supports a lot in my thesis. Thank you, lecturers, at John Hopkins University.

By Mary

Aug 19, 2019

Very informational with good variety of code to take back and apply to projects.

By Nikhilesh J

Mar 2, 2018

Provides a quick and dirty look at Machine Learning. An easy way to get started.

By Jeffrey M H

Jun 10, 2019

So far, one of the most fulfilling courses in the Data Science specialization!

By Ajendra S

Nov 7, 2017

This a good course, giving you the inside of the data science problem solving.

By Lei M

Aug 23, 2017

This course is demanding, but I feel my own progress which is very fulfilling.

By Johan V M

Aug 21, 2020

I loved this course. I will absolutely take more courses on Machine Learning.

By Forest W

Jan 9, 2018

Much Better than the previous courses ( Regression and Statistical Inference)

By Chris H

May 23, 2016

Great course. I really enjoyed working on the prediction project at the end.

By Marcus S

Feb 11, 2016

Great introduction to the subject with good classification examples using R.

By Gayathri N

Sep 21, 2020

Wonderful foundational course to understand the basics of machine learning.

By Sarah S

May 31, 2017

I enjoyed detailed information and was very straight forward to understand.

By SATHYANARAYANAN S

Sep 10, 2017

Very good for anyone wanting to get into the field of Data Science using R

By Sandro G

Oct 13, 2017

I have learnt a lot of thing and very happy to have followed this course

By Camilo Y

Mar 14, 2017

This course is a good introduction to machine learning algorithms with R

By Massimiliano F

Feb 17, 2017

In my opinion, the best course of the entire Data Science Specialization

By Diana S

Feb 10, 2016

Thank you son much!!!!

I really like the course.

It help me in my job =)