Back to Successful Presentation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Successful Presentation by University of Colorado Boulder

Few kinds of communication can have the effect of a powerful presentation. Even a short speech can motivate people to change long-held beliefs or to take action, and a wonderfully delivered speech can transform a normal person into a leader. In this course, Prof. William Kuskin provides a series of pragmatic videos and exercises for successful public speaking and presentations. The course develops through four themes—mastering fear, developing a creative formula, using verbal and body language, and anticipating the room—so that you can discover your personal power as a speaker and give excellent presentations. Successful presentations do not rely on perfect teeth, a deep voice, or an army of scriptwriters. They depend largely on the same skills as successful Business Writing and Graphic Design: clarity, structure, and revision. The goal of the course, therefore, is to enable you to discover your own internal power as a speaker and express it to the world. After this course, with some practice, you will be able to go into any situation and command the room for as long as you like. ...

AN

Aug 24, 2017

William Kuskin has delivered a truly inspiring and empowering MOOC - legendary!\n\nHis shared wisdom on presentation skills will help me for the rest of my days - thank you William!\n\nOnwards!

PJ

Jun 02, 2019

Great Course! I have learned a lot of useful information that I can't wait to set forth and forward into the world. Thank you so much and I really appreciate all of your hard work and efforts!

1 - 25 of 133 Reviews for Successful Presentation

By Raul

Jul 19, 2017

This review is written to discourage you to take this course. The classes do not teach presenting skills and the teacher is an awful presenter himself. There are lots more valuable courses capable of teaching you how to present.

The current course is not about presenting in a business setting. It is about anxiety, fear, and storytelling. It does not teach skills that will help pursue your audience. The lectures are focused on giving you pointers to cope with anxiety instead. Professional presentations are about more than the ability to fearlessly tell stories. Therefore, “Successful Presentation” falls short.

Additionally, the lecturer does not present well himself. He is exaggerating all aspects of public speaking. This makes him come across as being unauthentic. He overemphasizes every word he says, which makes him appear as if he is putting up an act. This distracted me from the content and made me question everything he stated.

Students need to complete this course to obtain the degree for the “Effective Communication” specialization. I will finish this course only for that reason. If you want to just increase your public speaking skills, I highly recommend forgoing this course. It will not teach you these skills and the presenter will annoy you. Coursera has some exquisite courses on similar topics. I would go for one focused on persuading audiences that is given by a public speaker you esteem.

By Marie A O

Sep 16, 2017

I truly needed this course. I will continue to view the videos and learn what i may have missed to utilize in my position. Thank you so much for the opportunity to take this course.

By Orlando T

Oct 12, 2017

This course got me outside of my comfort zone in many aspects, and I will see public presentations with new eyes from now on ! The abstractions and philosophical topics gave me a lot to think, specially how a presentation is a reflection of our very private selves.

True mastery requires a lot of practice, and this course paved the way for improvements in a new set of skills. As the other courses in the specialization, I am sure I will revise the material every now and then.

Some improvements and suggestions: separate the optional and mandatory assessments, and mark the optional clearly. In some point I was a little bit worried I would not get enough peer reviews.

Onwards !

By Michail S

Nov 10, 2017

In my job I have to deliver a presentation every week. Although I felt I was good at delivering presentations, I needed to learn the basics of a good presentation. This course, goes beyond the basics and teaches you a holistic approach to successful presentation. It achieves that by focusing on the 3 components of a presentation. Yourself, the presentation and the audience. I strongly suggest this course to anyone who needs to present regularly. Even if you believe you are good, this course will take you to the next level.

By Nazari J A

Nov 24, 2018

with due Respect ,

I would like to thank professor William Kuskin, and Dr. MacAndrew, and Mr. David Underwood as a team

this course was very effective and efficient for me, you have done a great Service to the knowledge and humanity. May God bless you all.

Jawid Akram Nazari

By Partha G

Nov 26, 2017

It was challenging for me and my few areas were badly exposed when I started recording. But the idea, subject matter and Prof Kuskin's formula really worked to pull up my level. I hope its a start from now "ONWARD". Thank you Prof Kuskin.

By Sukphichai K

Jun 04, 2020

Thanks for Professor William Kuskin, He gave us tools to improve "Successful Presentation". From what he presented you can get how he speaks, how he moves body gesture. He taught us a lot. Recommended coure on Coursera.

By Amr Y M

Nov 23, 2017

It's a wonderful course that taught me many things. The first time to perform an English presentation. The first time to record a video of mine. I recommend it to anyone who want to start his public speaking baby steps.

By Parker J

Jun 02, 2019

By Antonio L N

Aug 24, 2017

William Kuskin has delivered a truly inspiring and empowering MOOC - legendary!

Onwards!

By Michael K

Apr 24, 2017

Outstanding! Professor William Kuskin's Successful Presentation course provides learners with The Formula, a valuable asset to anyone needing to engage audiences, large or small.

By Vishal A

Apr 12, 2020

It is a very useful course. I completely caters all the required knowledge to deliver effective presentation. Thankyou william kuskin for your passionate teaching style.

By Gihan I

Sep 28, 2017

Professor William Kuskin is such a passionate teacher that it becomes infectious and a great learning process. I found the structured process very useful and applicable.

By Do H L

Nov 19, 2016

Awesome! Story about storytelling! This is really useful to me as a data scientist who needs to explain technical details to business audience in an engaging manner.

By Lori M

Jun 22, 2019

Really learned a lot about how to prepare for a presentation so that the talk flows easily just like any conversation that I would have with a friend or associate.

By Vishal p b

Jan 07, 2020

I think this course is very useful for students and specialy for story teller.

How make Successful presentation this thing is very clearly explaine in this course.

By Carlos C

Sep 09, 2018

An intuitive, easy to remember set of techniques, grounded in literature and pop culture that is a fun and energizing method to be the best presenter you can be.

By Tohoni S

May 15, 2020

This course is extremely practical. Highly recommend - the course provides a diverse range of topics, all of which equip the learner with a great toolkit.

By Mohammad H S

Feb 18, 2020

Amazing course, it's improved my skills of training and teaching. Thank you Colorado University, and thank you Dr. Quentin, Dr. William and Dr. David.

By Shveta S

Sep 04, 2017

This is one of best coursera programs I have gone through. Really helped me learnt nuances of giving an effective presentation. Thank you!

By Matthijs K

Jan 09, 2020

A course full of gems about how to give presentations both theoretical and practical. The only thing left is practise what is tought.

By Dario S

Apr 15, 2019

Very good mix of easy-to-take theory and enlighting practice. It helped me win my fears and gain confidence when presenting publicly.

By Cormac D

Apr 14, 2020

Excellent insights into the structure, preparation, and delivery of successful presentations and developing your own style.

By Ricardo M B

Jun 11, 2019

Great insights I've got after finished this course. Certanlly it will help me to make difference in my next audiences.

By saikiran s

Apr 14, 2020

I really enjoyed each and every lesson on the course which helped to give an effective and an enjoyable presentation.