Back to Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p? by University of London

We live in an uncertain and complex world, yet we continually have to make decisions in the present with uncertain future outcomes. Indeed, we should be on the look-out for "black swans" - low-probability high-impact events. To study, or not to study? To invest, or not to invest? To marry, or not to marry? While uncertainty makes decision-making difficult, it does at least make life exciting! If the entire future was known in advance, there would never be an element of surprise. Whether a good future or a bad future, it would be a known future. In this course we consider many useful tools to deal with uncertainty and help us to make informed (and hence better) decisions - essential skills for a lifetime of good decision-making. Key topics include quantifying uncertainty with probability, descriptive statistics, point and interval estimation of means and proportions, the basics of hypothesis testing, and a selection of multivariate applications of key terms and concepts seen throughout the course....

TS

May 01, 2020

I would like to thank Dr. James Abdey for his wonderful explanation of probability and statistics in a short time. I definitely learnt many things which I can make use in my further courses. Thank you

SR

Jun 24, 2020

Excellent introductory course for probability and Statistics, Dr. Abdey made the course very lively with his approach of teaching. Hope to see many more online courses from you in the future.

51 - 75 of 294 Reviews for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

By Khoa d

Jul 09, 2020

Really enjoyed it. The lecturer was excellent in breaking down the principles into layman's terms. I do wish there was a bit of a smoother transition between the video lectures and the accompanying text which is more technical.

By Derome R

Honestly an amazing MOOC! It has definitely heightened my interest in the field and I hope to learn even more in the near future. Anyone looking for a good introduction into Probability and Statistics should try this out!

By Leonardo M

Jun 08, 2020

I was impressed by the way in which topics were explained, with such a dynamic approach that made lectures interesting. I would recommend this course to anyone who is willing to get introduced to the world of statistics.

By Facundo N

Jul 05, 2020

The course was excellent !!! Obviously it was a basic course, however, the clarity, simplicity and ease with which the topics were transmitted make it one of the best courses available! Great job!!! I really enjoyed it.

By Duvvuri Y S P

Aug 02, 2019

This course gives brief idea about different probabilistic methods used and their purpose in the real world. It's a very basic course where anyone can take and have a detailed knowledge on probability & Statistics.

By Eljerrari

Apr 29, 2020

It was a great event for me to re learn statistics over 12 years from last course that i had in the business school.

Mr James abdey was fantastic and very helful to understand all statistic concet. thank to hime

By Stefan H

Jun 20, 2020

Valuable learning. Concise format.

Some explanations were not as simple as they could have been though. Still, with some supplementary readings (or youtube/khan academy), it is very accessible and informative.

By Reza G I

The course is great for introduction to Probability and Statistics. The instructor gives great explanation on basic theory with simple real world problem without touching too much detail with the formula.

By Murad J

Apr 27, 2020

Thanks for giving this great opportunity to get access to all resources and helping to learn lots of new statistical terms and data. I finally found the answer for "to p or not to p?" :)

thank you again!

By Viktoriia T

It is the best course ever that I took on Coursera(and in my life)! I really recommend it to all people sho wants to study statistic! Lectures are really clear and give great knowledge!

By Inge v d K

May 04, 2020

The basics of statistics are very well explained, with easy to follow and clear examples! Some concepts finally clicked (although explained before in a university statistics course).

By Ivan

May 25, 2019

Really well done!

It starts slow, explaining everything clearly. If you want to add material to a specific lesson, you can easly do it following what the teacher already explained.

By Himanshu S J

Mar 28, 2020

I never thought that Probability and Statistics is so realistic in our day to day life and so simple to learn. Thank you so much Dr James for all you effort to make this course.

By Sarahkate C

Dec 15, 2019

It has been an enlightening course and has taught me that in order to make appropriate decisions in life, which is full of uncertainties, probability comes in handy.

By Gustavo T C

Apr 04, 2020

Very good for beginners. I was looking for something to help me in basic concepts of statistics since my background is in design and this course was perfect for it.

By Fahad F

Jun 02, 2020

Enjoyed the course throughout!

Really appreciate the teaching with practical examples so that students grasp them better.

Thanks for helping me gain more knowledge.

By Budhi S Y

May 23, 2020

Very useful course.. Thank you for incredible knowledge given in this course.. Hopefully, I can keep learning to the advanced level of probability and statistic..

By Jessica K G A

May 15, 2020

It's a very interesting course, I am delighted with it. I would like to study a master in statistics, the teacher is a energizer and he encourage me to do it.

By Roberta S

Very effective course design. Short videos were engaging. Two assignments were challenging. Liked how students did Peer marking. Great for deep learning.

By Ashhar S

Very informative. Most importantly, Dr.Abdey's teaching methodology is remarkable. The examples and practical implementations he gave were very helpful.

By Joao P P

Jul 09, 2020

Uma forma excelente de entender melhor estatística. Algum conhecimento matemático prévio (de álgebra, mas também de pensamento matemático) é desejável.

By 张庐千雪

May 06, 2020

So great for beginners who want to have an overview of Probability and Statistics, some basic knowledge is introduced and examples touch our real life.

By Nandivada P E

May 01, 2020

wonderful course,really gave a nice look on the shadow of probability,hypothesis and really a wonderful experience.we will be missing you Dr.Abde sir

By Isheunoziva

May 23, 2020

Great for getting started into the world of statistics and probability. A way of learning about decision tree analysis, risk and linear regression.

By Robin R

Jun 27, 2020

Its really a great starter course for freshers who are struggling to learn fundamentals of Probability and Statistics . Thanks to the professor .