Back to Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p? by University of London

We live in an uncertain and complex world, yet we continually have to make decisions in the present with uncertain future outcomes. Indeed, we should be on the look-out for "black swans" - low-probability high-impact events. To study, or not to study? To invest, or not to invest? To marry, or not to marry? While uncertainty makes decision-making difficult, it does at least make life exciting! If the entire future was known in advance, there would never be an element of surprise. Whether a good future or a bad future, it would be a known future. In this course we consider many useful tools to deal with uncertainty and help us to make informed (and hence better) decisions - essential skills for a lifetime of good decision-making. Key topics include quantifying uncertainty with probability, descriptive statistics, point and interval estimation of means and proportions, the basics of hypothesis testing, and a selection of multivariate applications of key terms and concepts seen throughout the course....

TS

May 01, 2020

I would like to thank Dr. James Abdey for his wonderful explanation of probability and statistics in a short time. I definitely learnt many things which I can make use in my further courses. Thank you

SR

Jun 24, 2020

Excellent introductory course for probability and Statistics, Dr. Abdey made the course very lively with his approach of teaching. Hope to see many more online courses from you in the future.

101 - 125 of 283 Reviews for Probability and Statistics: To p or not to p?

By Ganesh D

Apr 21, 2020

Well explained by the professor. I recommend to every finance and economics student to take this course.

By Ümit S Ö

Jun 09, 2020

Introduction level, slightly challenging, but the lecturer provides very nice guidance along the path.

By Lucas I

May 01, 2020

Excelent choice choosing this course! Excelent didatic and extra material. I do recommend this course.

By Rajat G

Apr 15, 2020

Loved this course. The content was very engaging and this course helped me in refreshing my concepts.

By Mykhailo Z

May 06, 2020

Wonderful course.Very well closes the gaps in university education. Gives confidence in knowledge

By Hasan W B

May 02, 2020

Excellent for beginners. Module leader explain things with real example.over all good experienc.

By Vishnu D K

Jun 09, 2020

Excellent beginning to probability & statistics. Crisp & clear content & very good course conte

By Saravanan S S

Apr 28, 2020

Great course for data science, Dr James Abdey conveyed key concepts in the most simplest terms.

By Yves G

f

d

By Gian C

Jun 04, 2020

Good for total beginners. It's a very basic introduction but can be completed rather quickly.

By Manu G

Sep 27, 2019

Great course to revise basic statistics concept or if you are new to the area of statistics

By Rajath R

Apr 18, 2020

Good start to understanding the basics and important topics of Statistics and Probability!

By Teddy D

Dec 27, 2019

A great inspiring course for starters. Thanks Dr James Abdey so much for excellent work.

By Sina S

Jun 27, 2020

Quite good as an introduction to the subject or for recalling the basics of statistics.

By yue

Dec 05, 2018

Very good introduction and overview, gives clear picture of probability and statistics.

By Ashutosh M

Jun 14, 2020

The content of this course is better, I am impressed with the presenter of the course.

By Noariba O

Jun 07, 2020

Good explanation of the materials taught. I like the fact I could do it at my own pace

By Dr. S N

May 22, 2020

Eexcellent teacher and explained every concept with examples. Appreciated the efforts

By Rajat k

Apr 30, 2020

It was very good experience for me to see such basics being dealt with great examples

By Souvik A

May 09, 2020

A great instructor. Teaches in a very clean and understandable way. A big thumbs up.

By Ehsan s

Apr 26, 2020

It was great conseptual course with great way of explaining as simple as possible

By Spyros K

Nov 17, 2019

Great gentle introduction/revision of basic probability and statistics concepts.

By Douglas W

Jun 18, 2020

A fantastic primer course on the probability with a very enjoyable instructor!

By Akash C

Really good course for the brief understanding of Probability and Statistics