Back to Resilience in Children Exposed to Trauma, Disaster and War: Global Perspectives

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Resilience in Children Exposed to Trauma, Disaster and War: Global Perspectives by University of Minnesota

How do children overcome hazardous experiences to succeed in life? What can be done to protect young people at risk from trauma, war, disasters, and other adversities? Learn about the importance of fostering resilience in children at risk. During this course, participants will: learn how trauma can affect children and the systems they depend on, gain insight into core concepts, research methods and lessons learned in last 50 years of resilience research, learn how research is being applied in the real world through interventions that promote resilience, and engage in discussions with others who are working with children at risk around the world Participants are welcome to take the MOOC at no cost or to register for a Course Certificate ($49). Those who register and earn a Course Certificate from Coursera also are eligible to sign up for continuing education clock hours through the University of Minnesota. Participants can earn 10 clock hours of continuing education credit (added cost $99) from the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Minnesota. Go here http://z.umn.edu/1a5q to register for continuing education clock hours for completing this course....

Y
Feb 1, 2019

Wonderful and very well-detailed research-based course about resilience in children. Learned a lot from the splendid instructor. Very detailed and empowering course. Highly recommended.

YS
Jun 3, 2020

Professor Masten did a wonderful job explaining the concepts and delving well into all areas of resilience. The course was no less than classroom teaching. It was perfect.

26 - 50 of 135 Reviews for Resilience in Children Exposed to Trauma, Disaster and War: Global Perspectives

By Tricia K

Jul 15, 2020

Resilience in Children Exposed to Trauma,Disaster and War: Global Perspectives is an excellent course which was thorough and interesting.. Ann Masten is extremely knowledgeable. Her presentations were pleasant and informative.

By Angela B

Sep 8, 2019

Great course. although please stop telling us all of the readings take 10 mins when they really take like an hour or longer..

By rients f

Mar 21, 2021

Quizzes are kind of confusing, and Id like more assignments to count for grades and less quizzes. Like points for discussions. Or give examples in own life of when you personally had to use resilience.

By stephanie h

Apr 6, 2020

Good information. The lessons could have been more exciting or engaging. I found it a bit repetitive toward the end and wanted maybe more reflections or discussions to really grasp the course material

By Anna X W

Feb 15, 2021

A very monotonous way of presenting the material.

By Seda N

Nov 3, 2020

Slow, repetitive, very obvious, old fashioned.

By Ivanka D

Apr 5, 2021

I am fascinated by the form of the course, as well as the information that encourages you to think and look for more. I am grateful for all the conveniences with the language, I had not used English so intensively for a long time. I have something to work on in this direction. I also really liked the presentation of the guests in the course. Thanks for the wonderful time I had!

By Janine H

May 27, 2021

I really enjoyed this course and learned so much, not only as an introductory course on how to detect and foster resilience in children but also how I myself have related to and overcame trauma in my life due to my resilience.

By Parviz I

Jan 7, 2018

It was a very useful course for me to understand Resilience in Children life very well. When I compare my knowledge at beginning course and end of course I can see a beyond compare improvement. Thanks to Professor Ann Masten.

By Deanna D B

I appreciated Dr. Masten's knowledge base and her passion for the subject. I learned as much from the forums as I did the lectures. It is good to interact with others and consider the implications for what we have learned.

By Tofail A

Sep 12, 2019

"Resilience in Children Exposed to Trauma, Disaster and War: Global Perspectives: is a time demanded education for the humanitarian. Being a humanitarian I am feeling lucky to be a part of this course. Humble regards,

Tofail

By Andréa P S

Mar 30, 2021

O curso foi excelente consegui extrair do curso um aprendizado que superou minhas expectativas. Além de proporcionar muito conhecimento auxilia a desenvolver uma visão ampla sobre o tema do curso em um nível mundial.

By brandon t

Nov 4, 2020

Resilience in Children Exposed to Trauma,Disaster and War:Global Perspectives.

This is a great course that will assist in volunteer work where and when necessary. It is our duty to make the world a better place.

By sue p

Feb 20, 2018

I work with children and families challenged by loss and change in diverse situations.

I found this course to be very helpful in raising knowledge base, increasing empathy and ideas for action.

Thank you.

By Iryna G

May 21, 2017

Great course! Very informative and inspirational. Active learning, interractive forum discussions, interesting resources: readings and videos - everything was very interesting and ernriching.

By Yaqeen S

Feb 2, 2019

By Matheus G d L

Este curso possibilitou que eu obtevesse uma melhor dimensionalidade dos estudos e programas focados na resiliência, potencializando o meu interesse pela área de Psicologia Infantil.

By rosemary r

Mar 16, 2021

This course woke me up and I managed to classify my own trajectory. I am a resilient who has been struggling since pregnancy. I thank everyone involved and especially Mrs. Masten

By YAMINI S

Jun 4, 2020

By carole S

Apr 7, 2021

Fantastic course, I team training others in an organisation on Trauma and Adverse child experiences, so to see and hear so much current research really supported my work.

By Bryan D

Apr 23, 2021

I honestly enjoyed this course. It was well-thought out. There were a lot of examples that the instructor drew from to describe resilience. Overall, I learned a lot!

By Trish B

Jun 6, 2020

Highly insightful. I love how the teacher touch every aspect part by part, giving one the chance to concentrate easily. I loved this course!

By Dheymy S

Apr 19, 2020

Dr. Ann Masten was outstanding and the material presented was engaging, valuable, and extremely practical for my work in the field.

By Carlos G S

Jan 8, 2019

Sencillamente genial. Tanto la profesora Masten como todo el diseño del curso ha permitido que ahonde mucho más en la resiliencia.

By Chris J

Sep 15, 2017

Diverse and insightful content, compelling readings, and valuable tools and frameworks - thoroughly absorbing and worthwhile.