Back to Security & Safety Challenges in a Globalized World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Security & Safety Challenges in a Globalized World by Universiteit Leiden

Security and safety challenges rank among the most pressing issues of modern times. Challenges such as, cyber-crime, terrorism, and environmental disasters impact the lives of millions across the globe. These issues also rank high on the agenda of politicians, international organizations and businesses. They also feature prominently in the public conscience and in governmental policies. In the current, interconnected world, security challenges are becoming increasingly complex. Facilitated by developments as globalization and the spread of networked and hyper-connected technologies, new safety and security challenges arise and impact local, national, regional and international levels, which dramatically increases their complexity and scale. As such, solutions to contemporary security challenges require a wide array of actors operating on multiple levels of governance. The course will introduce you to the broad theme of security and safety in an increasingly complex world. Together we will search for answers to important questions: what is security and safety? How can we understand complex modern-day security and safety challenges? And how do we deal with such challenges? This course combines scholarly inquiry from multiple disciplines (ranging from terrorism studies, to crisis management, to medical science) with real-life cases to explore and understand complex modern-day safety and security challenges....

AM

Oct 26, 2018

Excellent course. Now I know the two important concepts of security and safety. Leadership in South Asia only remain struck to the old idea of security, and they neglect the critical safety issues.

MW

Jun 15, 2017

Conciously set up to initiate the students in a friendly manner. The interaction with your peers in the course will definitely help you. Great course, you will enjoy it.

1 - 25 of 61 Reviews for Security & Safety Challenges in a Globalized World

By Sarath C

Aug 27, 2018

This is an interesting course for Security and Crisis Management Professionals. The content is crisp and can retain the participant's attention throughout. The included readings and case studies seem apt for the design of this course and enhance the conceptual ideas explained by the faculty. The course will serve Crisis Management and Security professionals well by aligning us to right concepts.

By Robert M W

Jul 22, 2017

Outstanding course, outstanding experience!

By Endre V

Feb 19, 2019

I got a lot of relevant informations about security challenges of nowadays.

By BEN M A B

Dec 05, 2018

very interesting course and competent teachers!

By atta r m

Oct 26, 2018

By Rooholamin R

Oct 27, 2018

I always wanted to know more about the concept of security and its aspects.before passing this course I just knew about the military aspect of it but now I'm able to explore a crisis and understand and then learn from it.

By Adalberto C P

Feb 11, 2018

Excelent course.

By Marleen S N

Mar 19, 2018

Excellent course, interesting topics and a do-able workload next to a full-time job and a family.

By Ronald S

Aug 20, 2017

Great course on global security and safety! Really learned a lot.

By Machiel N

Mar 08, 2017

This was my first MOOC course, but I enjoyed the course. The lessons/videos were clear and precise and the course contains a lot of relevant information in the field of security and safety cases. The cases and interesting assignments were relevant and interesting.

By Ashok K

Dec 25, 2017

I think that this course is a necessity for many people in the world to learn and help their respective countries as well help our beautiful world. Which has given us so much already ! My thanks to the whole team at Coursera and Leiden University to make this amazing course possible online.

By Massimo Z

Jul 06, 2017

The course is well done, thank you.

By Suresh D

Mar 24, 2017

Loved It! looking to do a masters on same domain.

By Alessandro G

Nov 14, 2017

Very useful and insightful course

By Alina A

Mar 07, 2017

The objective of the MOOC "Security&Safety Challenges in a Globalized World" is to develop and disseminate knowledge in the field of security and safety through lenses of the interdisciplinary approach.

By Ben W

Mar 04, 2017

I have taken several MOOCs from several Universities and think that the Dutch ones (Universiteit Amsterdam & Universiteit Leiden) are amongst the best. I used to live in Leiden so I must confess as little personal bias, but what I really applaud is the way that the instructors actively encourage you to find out more than what's just required to obtain a pass mark. I think I'm now quite an expert on Volcanoes!

By DeRoo G

Jul 01, 2017

Very good!

By Bandaogo T N U M

Aug 07, 2017

a very informative course, but it will review the rating system by peers

By Adalberto V C

Jun 28, 2017

¡¡Excellent!! I strongly recommend it

By Akshay K S

Mar 11, 2017

Brilliantly framed and paced, the course offers a wonderful exposure to the safety and security issues at play today. Loved the Explore, Understand, Do mechanism, will definitely use that if I face a case where it's use is warranted. Highly recommended for anyone looking to get a deeper understanding of the importance of privacy, different level of stakeholders involved and the risk everyone faces when an issue gets out of hand. Thank you for such a great course !

By adeel a

Nov 27, 2017

Excellent course,glad to complete it.

By JOHN Q

Jul 23, 2017

fun, interesting, and enjoyable course. Thanks so much!

By Marco W

Jun 15, 2017

By Edwina E

Jul 12, 2017

Great course, interesting cases and insights. It has truly broadened my horizon (my daily work is data privacy & security). Highly recommended!

By Naveed Y