Back to Security & Safety Challenges in a Globalized World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Security & Safety Challenges in a Globalized World by Universiteit Leiden

Security and safety challenges rank among the most pressing issues of modern times. Challenges such as, cyber-crime, terrorism, and environmental disasters impact the lives of millions across the globe. These issues also rank high on the agenda of politicians, international organizations and businesses. They also feature prominently in the public conscience and in governmental policies. In the current, interconnected world, security challenges are becoming increasingly complex. Facilitated by developments as globalization and the spread of networked and hyper-connected technologies, new safety and security challenges arise and impact local, national, regional and international levels, which dramatically increases their complexity and scale. As such, solutions to contemporary security challenges require a wide array of actors operating on multiple levels of governance. The course will introduce you to the broad theme of security and safety in an increasingly complex world. Together we will search for answers to important questions: what is security and safety? How can we understand complex modern-day security and safety challenges? And how do we deal with such challenges? This course combines scholarly inquiry from multiple disciplines (ranging from terrorism studies, to crisis management, to medical science) with real-life cases to explore and understand complex modern-day safety and security challenges....

AR

Oct 25, 2018

Excellent course. Now I know the two important concepts of security and safety. Leadership in South Asia only remain struck to the old idea of security, and they neglect the critical safety issues.

NR

Jul 2, 2020

Great course! Introduced all the basic fundamentals of safety and security. Was simple, well-explained, and I loved the addition of real life diverse examples to help contextualize everything.

26 - 50 of 119 Reviews for Security & Safety Challenges in a Globalized World

By Natalia H F

Mar 8, 2017

These course shows youhow to analyse a current security conflict by applying diferent perspective and knowledge from different fields of study. It is surely one of the most valuable courses to join if you are interested in Security and International Relations.

By EMMANUELLA O S

Jan 4, 2021

This course was really helpful to me. I have learnt alot about security and safety challenges especially in the modernized world.

The mode of teaching is an excellent one. It helps one understand a particular topic very well.

By Rouholamin R

Oct 27, 2018

I always wanted to know more about the concept of security and its aspects.before passing this course I just knew about the military aspect of it but now I'm able to explore a crisis and understand and then learn from it.

By Julio F M

Remarkably interesting and Innovative program to cope with an integrated Security & Safety Management, by studying in depth key Emergencies and Natural Disasters around the Globe with a comprehensive approach.

By Gobo M

Nov 11, 2019

Great time learning and understanding different concepts in globalized safety and security challenges. Kudos to the team for putting up this wonderful course. The term wicked problems has stuck in my head.

By Rajeev C

Apr 16, 2017

Dear All,

Initially the course material may look brief. Trust me and go through the course material twice and then let your imaginations fly.

Fantastic course and fantastic course mentors!!!!!

Regards

Rajeev

By Niharika R

Jul 3, 2020

By Hussam A

Mar 22, 2021

I learned a lot about the security and safety challenges in the modern days, specifically how to study and analyze incidents using different perspectives in an academic way.

By Sameer S B

Jun 28, 2020

Security & Safety Challenges in a Globalized World, a Great course that brings important concepts of Safety and Security and Interesting cases and insights.

By Abdullah E P

This is an amazing course. I have learned so many things, it has broaden my view to analyze and categorize different cases. Thank you very much.

By Mekha B C

Excellent Course for me, and learned a lot about Security and safety challenges in a Globalized World. It is very important to new world.

By Peter C

Apr 28, 2017

a very informative course that gives you a good understanding of the complexities regarding an ever changing planet!! I enjoyed it.

By Roboam r

Jul 24, 2020

this course is excellent the academic level is good and it is very extensive and intensive you will be able to learn a lot in the

By Oluwole O

Jul 13, 2021

Opened my eyes to new perspectives as it relates to Safety and Security.

I crave for more!

Excellent course of study.

By Shahin H

Jun 20, 2021

The course was really interesting but was very simple. Hope they will update it with new content and information.

By Sampa K

Aug 27, 2019

Happy with the course content and the presentations. Need more case studies to apply the knowledge.

By Rixio N

Oct 28, 2020

Excelente curso!! Posee informacion actualizada. Full didactico. Felicitaciones por la iniciativa.

By Marleen S N

Mar 19, 2018

Excellent course, interesting topics and a do-able workload next to a full-time job and a family.

By Wangchuk T

Sep 4, 2019

most well organized online course I have found in my life and I recommend to take this course

By Maria A A V

May 23, 2019

Thank you very much for offering this Course. We have learned a lot in the said Course....

By Jeffrey I

Nov 16, 2017

This course help my knowledge and skills grow and hoping to apply it in my previous work.

By Sunil M

Jul 19, 2019

Great Course for learners, all Security & safety aspects are covered in this course

By abdinajib H

Nov 23, 2020

I'm very glad to finish this course and i am very interesting security studeis.

By Adrián J Z B

Nov 3, 2019

I think this is a very good course that give us a lot of valuable information

By Leyla J

Nov 8, 2019

i gained amazing experience and a lot of fun from this course/ Thanks a lot