Back to SEL for Students: A Path to Social Emotional Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for SEL for Students: A Path to Social Emotional Well-Being by University of Colorado Boulder

Social and emotional learning, or SEL, programs have flourished in schools during the last decade. In this course the instructor (Emily Price) introduces you to the history and framings of social and emotional learning preK-12 curricula, as well as various elementary, middle, and high school SEL programs and associated research. This course is a part of the 5-course Specialization “The Teacher and Social Emotional Learning (SEL)”. Interested in earning 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization? If so check out "How you can earn 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization" reading in the first module of this course for additional information. We want to note that the courses in this Specialization were designed with a three-credit university course load in mind. As a participant you may notice a bit more reading content and a little less video/lecture content. Completing and passing the SEL Specialization allows the participant to apply for 3 graduate credits toward teacher re-certification and professional enhancement. We want to ensure the quality and high standards of a University of Colorado learning experience. Interested in earning 3 graduate credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for The Teacher and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Specialization? Check out "How you can earn 3 university credits from the University of Colorado-Boulder for this specialization" reading in the first week of this course for more information....

JW

Apr 21, 2019

Excellent information about students self awareness, social awareness, self management, interpersonal relationships and problem solving. Research based instruction from UC-Boulder. Awesome course.

MM

Mar 13, 2018

This course provided insight in to the reasons social emotional learning is vital for students' success in life, and provided many data points to support SEL as an academic positive, as well.

1 - 25 of 28 Reviews for SEL for Students: A Path to Social Emotional Well-Being

By Dena F

May 04, 2020

I loved this course as it made it so simple and clear. I really learned the importance of an integrative approach across all curricula to really have an impact on children learning social and emotional skills. I learned the value of community (from parents, teachers, children, administrators, and other school staff) knowing and implementing SEL tools in everyday aspects of children's school lives, in the classroom, in the playground, playdates, at home and in the halls. I also saw how the school I currently work at has already implemented SEL and I can now reflect on particular relationships I have with children and new approaches come to mind, on how to establish trust and rapport with "problem" children. Some of the problem is on my shoulders and can be worked through with greater success if I employ SEL techniques.

By Elizabeth A D

May 19, 2019

As the course progresses the information regarding the different SEL programs for Elementary, Middle and High School was in depth and informative. Our school has been using Mind Up with good results but just as the articles emphasized it needs to be implemented with fidelity. The SEL competencies also need to be modeled by teachers and I appreciate the findings in the article Review of Classroom Based SEL Programs for Middle School that "Attention to teachers should include investigation of setting-level supports, teaching practices, and teacher social emotional competencies, teaching practices, and motivation as correlates of the quality of implementation of the the SEL program and eventual impact on students." I will definitely recommend this class to my colleagues.

By Valerie V K

Aug 17, 2018

This course provides a very interesting overview of the many different SEL courses currently in use, and offers practical advice on how to choose ones that suit one's own classroom. The current field of SEL is rather new, so many strategies are being tried, and results are not always clear, so this MOOC helps makes some sense of it all.

By AISV, 1

Jul 01, 2018

I found this course very informative and I appreciated how week 4 and 5 were split into elementary and middle/high school. As an elementary teacher, I found it very interesting to read and watch the videos about SEL in middle and high school. It as interesting to see how SEL can continue on past elementary school.

By Jessica W

Apr 21, 2019

By Melissa M

Mar 13, 2018

By ANEESH K P

Jun 04, 2020

Very good resources and organised sessions. It is highly recommended for people working with children and adolescents. I enjoyed doing the course during

By Jose A

Jan 09, 2020

Amazing course, As a teacher I'm incredible mesmerize by the idea to learn more about socio emotional leraning and psichology.

By MPEARSALL

Jul 24, 2019

Thank you so much. Very informative and current. I truly enjoy the lectures and the readings. Maria

By Sarah N

Sep 07, 2018

Wonderful and thorough overview of an incredibly interesting subject. Thank you!

By Kelly O

Jun 04, 2020

This SEL course was fantastic. By far one of the best courses I've taken.

By Amber S

May 04, 2019

Good connection to what is happening in classrooms at this moment.

By Camille G

Nov 15, 2019

Very interesting and applicable to my professional context

By Vasif V

May 22, 2018

Perfect.It was very useful for me .I recommend you.

By Jiska C H

Jun 04, 2019

I love this course about the heart of teaching.

By Pete B

Mar 13, 2019

Concise, well-structured and easy to digest!

By Jennifer

Jun 12, 2018

Excellent course! I would highly recommend!

By Lisa W

Feb 29, 2020

Excellent delivery and great information!

By Hend A M

Jan 26, 2020

Amazing lectures with amazing professors

By Humera P

Sep 21, 2019

very informative and user friendly

By Jayrome N

Apr 10, 2020

This course is very insightful.

By Tara O

Mar 01, 2018

Excellent

By José I F G

Mar 14, 2020

It was a great experience to participate in this course. It was very informative about the topic, but I would suggest to provide more info about the tools or practices that we can use or implement with kids and adolescents to develop social and emotional learning, apart of talking about the programs that are currently available in the matter.

By Sheena B

Feb 27, 2020

I loved the reading material provided in this course! This course has given me so much insight that as a teacher I will be able to contribute better in my profession.

By Cory J

Jul 20, 2018

The content was very interesting and I appreciated the evidence based studies along with the research presentation, videos and summaries.