Back to Statistics for Data Science with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Statistics for Data Science with Python by IBM

5.0

This Statistics for Data Science course is designed to introduce you to the basic principles of statistical methods and procedures used for data analysis. After completing this course you will have practical knowledge of crucial topics in statistics including - data gathering, summarizing data using descriptive statistics, displaying and visualizing data, examining relationships between variables, probability distributions, expected values, hypothesis testing, introduction to ANOVA (analysis of variance), regression and correlation analysis. You will take a hands-on approach to statistical analysis using Python and Jupyter Notebooks – the tools of choice for Data Scientists and Data Analysts. At the end of the course, you will complete a project to apply various concepts in the course to a Data Science problem involving a real-life inspired scenario and demonstrate an understanding of the foundational statistical thinking and reasoning. The focus is on developing a clear understanding of the different approaches for different data types, developing an intuitive understanding, making appropriate assessments of the proposed methods, using Python to analyze our data, and interpreting the output accurately. This course is suitable for a variety of professionals and students intending to start their journey in data and statistics-driven roles such as Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Business Analysts, Statisticians, and Researchers. It does not require any computer science or statistics background. We strongly recommend taking the Python for Data Science course before starting this course to get familiar with the Python programming language, Jupyter notebooks, and libraries. An optional refresher on Python is also provided. After completing this course, a learner will be able to: ✔Calculate and apply measures of central tendency and measures of dispersion to grouped and ungrouped data. ✔Summarize, present, and visualize data in a way that is clear, concise, and provides a practical insight for non-statisticians needing the results. ✔Identify appropriate hypothesis tests to use for common data sets. ✔Conduct hypothesis tests, correlation tests, and regression analysis. ✔Demonstrate proficiency in statistical analysis using Python and Jupyter Notebooks....

ED
Nov 19, 2020

Excellent course to help clear doubts for the level of statistics needed for data science. It a great experience. well done IBM!

NU
Nov 8, 2020

Amazing course . Very easy to follow . Definitely improved on my python skills . Would 100% recommend .

1 - 5 of 5 Reviews for Statistics for Data Science with Python

By cynthia e

Nov 16, 2020

I enjoyed taking this course and found it was well explained. Having been out of school for a long time and not using stats in my daily job, I found that I had to listen to the videos over and over again to fully understand the concepts introduced. I also struggled initially with python as it was a new concept for me. I recommend it for others, take it slowly and try to revisit the videos and readings and ensure you follow and thoroughly complete the lab exercises as this will help with the project.

By Ofure E

Nov 3, 2020

This course was seamlessly easy to understand and follow. During my undergraduate studies, I struggled with statistics which made me a bit worried taking the course.

I am glad I pushed passed my fear and took the course , as it has sparked my interest to learn statistics, how it applies to data and making business decisions.

Thanks Aije and Murtaza - I look forward to taking more courses from you both on here.

By Zara U

Nov 9, 2020

I really enjoyed taking this course. It was really easy to follow and I absolutely loved how the course was put together. I will recommend anyone looking to use Python for Data Science to take this course.

By Ebenezer K D