Back to Basic System Programming on IBM Z

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Basic System Programming on IBM Z by IBM

The foundational knowledge for the position of an IBM z/OS System Programmer and System Administrator begins with this third and final course in the three course professional certificate track. This course provides hands-on labs to everyday z/OS tasks with JCL, JES, ISHELL and HFS, and z/OSMF. Topics covered include VSAM, z/OS System Libraries, the Language Environment, Generation Data Groups, RAIM, DB2, UNIX System Services, and USS File System. On successful completion of this course, the learners are eligible to claim the Basic System Programming on IBM Z badge. More information can be found here : https://www.youracclaim.com/org/ibm/badge/basic-system-programming-on-ibm-z...

JS

Oct 04, 2019

I didn't know anything about mainframes and after conclude this course, I have the abilities and knowledge about the mainframe programer and z/OS. I really recommend.

JC

Jan 28, 2020

Great instructor.\n\nEasy to follow/read material.\n\nAll material is relevant when working the technical side of mainframe.

1 - 10 of 10 Reviews for Basic System Programming on IBM Z

By JAIME J S

Oct 04, 2019

By Jerker E

Nov 06, 2019

Very well presented and a good selection of areas to start with. And fun!

By Rogerio E M C

Oct 11, 2019

Great material... great way of studying.

By Faridun

Oct 25, 2019

Great coerces, well explained

By Kapil P D

Oct 15, 2019

Loved the effort, but it would the Skytap environment ran sluggishly. I wish you could let us use the TN3270 emulator by giving up your Host IP to the participants. Life would be much easier.

By Florence P

Nov 04, 2019

The tutor is excellent and the videos as well. However I find that the exercise guide does often times not provide enough information to complete the exercises. Generally the exercises take also pretty long... Sometimes the quiz questions cover material that has not yet been covered in the course (and will be taught after the quiz) - I think that the course structure must have been mixed up

By Anna U

Dec 24, 2019

The last but not least, this course like others in the certification gives a lot of information explained in a genuinely simple way with great humor. I'll recommend this course for all of those who're at the beginning of studying system programming and z/OS. Thanks a lot to the lector whos unique manner and style are inspiring and encouraging.

By Marcelo A N S

Jan 11, 2020

Really, I'm very satisfied with this course, Jeff it´s a great professional and very good evangelist of Mainframe.Thanks a lot to the opportunity and congrats COURSERA for help me in this moment to get a job.

By Jerome C

Jan 28, 2020

Great instructor.

Easy to follow/read material.

All material is relevant when working the technical side of mainframe.

By Hossein D

Feb 07, 2020

The best part of this course is exercises, I really enjoy them.