Back to Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation by Arizona State University

In this course, you will be introduced to some of the challenges of teaching and learning listening and speaking, such as paralinguistics, performance variables, reduced and regional forms, and differing types of oral discourse. Don't worry--you'll learn what those mean, too! Then you'll learn how to ease the acquisition of listening and speaking for your students. The course also highlights the powerful opportunity to include pronunciation in listening and speaking classes and offers strategies to incorporate pronunciation activities....

EP
Dec 25, 2020

As always, great course. I just wish there were more examples for pronunciation activities just like in the speaking and listening section. But in any case, the course was so informative and engaging!

RB
Jan 11, 2021

Thank you so much for doing this course. It really helps me improve my skills in teaching. The lectures and the assignments helps in connect theory to practice. I really enjoyed the class!

301 - 325 of 328 Reviews for Teach English Now! Second Language Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation

By Dr. N B

Sep 6, 2016

A

By marlene m

Jul 12, 2018

Excellent course just like the others that are part of this certification program. My concerns are the lack of compatibility with the app (the online course & app never show the same information & it's impossible to access the website from a mobile device without being forced to download/use the app). The other is having to review classmates' assignments. For some reason, I find with these courses that the other students submit assignments that do not follow directions, making it impossible at times to move forward in my own progress. For example, the final required a video submission via Youtube link or direct upload but I came across so many students who submitted links for Google videos (you need an account to view), gigantic formats that were not openable, students who submitted videos of them teaching what was taught directly to us teachers rather than to language-learning students, etc. It seems also that with written assignments, so many students didn't quite grasp the instructions/concept of the assignment. Overall it was great, just wasted some time reviewing assignments.

By Michelle B

Jan 1, 2019

Great course. I always love ASU's Teach English Now Courses. The only issue I have is that once you complete an assignment that needs peer assessment, it takes forever to get assessed. When I am assessing, it will say there are no other assignments to assess and then I go to the discussion board and see 10 people begging for people to assess the assignment that the course told me there were no assignments available. Something is wrong. There is a issue with how that is set up.

By Jing W

Oct 19, 2020

Overall, it's a good course with many useful information. I would like to see more resources and technics that are directed related to the teaching of these areas. And I am constantly having trouble(very slowly) loading the micro lessons of my peers, I would recommend to use Youtube to submit this assignment, which works the best from my experience.

By Nicholas ( M

Feb 7, 2020

The content was fairly strong and easy to understand. I encountered some long waits to receive enough peer reviews to proceed in the course. Also, many students submitted very incomplete work which made peer reviews very awkward.

By Maria d R B V

Nov 8, 2016

I found this course gave me great tools to improve my classes. Being a teacher is not something easy but with practice and great professor like the ones in this course we sure can give better things to our students.

By Kristine W

Quality of the content is high.

Peer review is a frustrating joke. "Peers" approve any nonsense anyone submits and just beg for reviews on the forum. Quality of "peer" work I have graded is very poor.

By Sarita I S T

Nov 6, 2016

It is a really interesting course which you can learn easily. It provides different listening techniques to use in every day class with your students.

By Jiyoung J

Nov 8, 2020

Thank staff again for your effort.

I would be happier when you gave me more practical. for example, giving us more hands-out sheets or some websites.

By Anastasia

Nov 27, 2017

Franlkly speaking, it is awesome. But the previous course - Teach English Now! Second Language Reading, Writing, and Grammar- was better.

Feb 18, 2020

Good course. It encompasses a lot of information concerning including listening, speaking, and pronunciation in learning plans.

By Udayan C R

Jan 29, 2018

I enjoyed and learned during this course. I would be a big medium to reach out to students in all the corners of the world.

By Alba R S

Jul 19, 2018

Great way to expand your teaching techniques, avoiding "traditional" mistakes.

By Wendy K

Mar 18, 2018

Fun, simple, yet thought provoking and useful for a real teaching experience.

By Delia P d G

Apr 25, 2017

Once again, great ideas to teach!

By Asmaa S

Aug 26, 2016

nice course I really learnt a lot

By tony b g

Aug 27, 2020

it was amazing really amazing

By Kinza M

Feb 28, 2020

yep.

By Afifa K

Jul 28, 2020

It has been a pleasant experience to improve my skills for ESL learners.This course really helped me out.