Back to Teach English Now! Technology Enriched Teaching

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Technology Enriched Teaching by Arizona State University

This course focuses on the key concepts you need in order to effectively integrate technology into your teaching, without letting it overshadow language learning. Discover current and future trends in educational technology, along with strategies for implementing these trends in the classroom and beyond. As technology is continually evolving, learn how to keep up on current technological applications through professional development networks and training opportunities....

SB

Mar 07, 2017

Great course which taught me how to integrate technology into my teaching. Thanks so much to the instructors for making it all into a story so that we'll have fund to learn and remember everything!!!

AN

Oct 11, 2016

I think this is one of the better courses in the series, it brings some things that are generally common sense into a more crystallized sense, so that we can apply technology in a better way,

1 - 25 of 188 Reviews for Teach English Now! Technology Enriched Teaching

By Joe S

Jun 06, 2018

I had no idea about some of the technology that exists out there. It was such a privilege to have two PhD graduates in tech and education guide us through the course, thanks as usual!

By Marina H

Apr 12, 2018

It`s a great course. There are countless reasons why technology is a key aspect of learning in the schools. Technology is everywhere. Technology training has important components. “Technology is the wave of the future.” But effective integration of technology into the classroom isn’t easy. Successful integration requires time, customization, experimentation, and support. This course develop skills in using technologies for today's global world. We learn to use them.

I live in Ukraine, Kharkiv. Really administrators and education boards not fully understanding the technologies themselves. They don’t know how to use the technologies. As everybody knows, the greatest problem in the Ukrainian education system is corruption. May be one day our administrators will think not only about money, new cars, new houses but about children. Love not in word. Love is expressed primarily in action, showing how every dollar spent directly improves educational opportunities for their students.

By Partha S

Mar 09, 2017

I've always kept technology from my lessons until I took this course. This course has not only broken my fear in digital arena, but also has given me the tools and know-how to to implement Moodle on my blog. I thank Shane, Justin and Jessica for enlightening me!

By Timothy B C

Jan 02, 2018

I like the idea of having a technology based course, especially in this day and age when it is so common to use technology. This was a great class and I learned a lot from it. Thanks for putting this in the curriculum

By Andrea B

Aug 14, 2017

As a none native 'technology user, but well acqcuainted with it, i entered this section with some intrepidation..... Now I love it and it OPENED my GOOGLES with lots of ideas , understanding and yaaaay! Great Course!

By Cynndi N

Dec 23, 2018

Awesome & bittersweet experience to near the end of this course. The instructors, if you pay attention, put into practice what they want you to learn. Thank you for this awesome (that word again) opportunity!

By Orrathip G

Oct 05, 2018

I learn how to integrate the technology into teaching and learning to be more effective and get the ideas of being adjustable teacher in this world of technology.

By Claudia A

Feb 07, 2017

Excellent!! The methodoloy used in this course is fantastic and engaging. I learnt how to integrate technology in English teaching.

By Lorena P

Dec 12, 2017

This course has been excellent. It exceeded all my expectations. Excellent tutors Methodology and Material. Excellent Learning.

By Nguyen V T

Feb 14, 2017

Thank you so much to course! Thank you so much to my instructors! Thank you so much to my peers! Thank you so much to COURSERA!

By Serah A

Jul 08, 2018

I am impressed and I usually dont get the fuss about online courses, but this one takes the cake

By Suthiphan S

Jun 03, 2017

Lots of new and up-to-date Information about Technology.

By JUAN C E S

May 30, 2017

Brilliant teachers and great content.

By Roseanne M F

Oct 14, 2018

Simply easy gave me confidence

By Giò R

Apr 10, 2018

Exellent. Clear and simple.

By Nataliia M

Jun 02, 2019

It would be great if some online resources are considered and explained in more details from a practical viewpoint.

The course is too theoretical.

By Naomi D

Nov 03, 2016

I feel like the topic of technology is important, but important enough for a full course. I also feel more class management strategies for ESL classroom would have been a more valuable topic.

By Sophia V

May 04, 2017

Some presentations are too kitch.

By Kiyingi I

Nov 19, 2019

I learnt a lot of skills, the first is integration of technology by keeping in mind, mind-castles such as SAMR AND TPACK. Also the reasons for not using technology by most teachers as well as, Solutions. Find ling out the perfect technology to help or assist or support the teacher to reach his or her goals and manage to choose a technology that aligns with the set objectives. Not to allow technology control the teacher, instead the teacher is asked to control it, by giving clear objectives as he or she tries to help the native and non-native technology learners in the class in a dynamic or flexible way by giving them tasks that keep them in the same rythm and time. Thanks Coursera, now I am already on the capstone course. Thanks once again.

By Rafael D

Oct 16, 2016

As always, the team of experts from ASU literally rock. I enjoyed every minute of the course and recommend others to do the same:) he knowledge being delivered here is of paramount value not only to those teaching English but also to any teacher of any subject. Because no matter what subject in your curriculum is - the principles remain exactly the same.

Happy learning!

Rafael Daulet

By Kate W

Feb 23, 2018

I actually really loved the Matrix as a means of teaching this course. I've definitely found other courses like in the Teach English Now series to be a contrived and trite in their dramatizations, but this one felt really cohesive and natural. Good job you guys! Could have done without the kiss though- didn't add anything to the storyline at all. Thanks for all the useful info.

By Catherine M D

Jun 27, 2018

This class is phenomenal! Not only did I have a great time watching it, I received some of the best information in educational technology integration. I feel more confident about using tech in the classroom now. Thank you, Dr. Dixon, Instructor Cinco, and Dr. Shewell (and the rest of the profs!) This was stellar!!

By Justice S

Sep 25, 2019

This course was by far my favorite! While I have learned many new concepts in each of the classes, what I loved about this course was learning about the integration of technology in ways that I had not considered! As a result, I have immediately begun implementing the use of apps besides polling apps!

By Clarise P

Jan 06, 2020

I enjoyed this course so much! The information was presented in a fun and interactive way by the brilliant Instructors! It helped to make the information sticky and memorable. Thank you Dr. Dixon, Mrs. Jessica Cinco, and Dr. Shewell for putting so much effort in to creating a wonderful course!

By Bryon B

Sep 15, 2016

The course provided excellent ideas, resources, and fit well into the other themes presented in the other courses. Dr. Dixon's expertise was evident, and, aided by Jessica and the Teach English Now team, the six week course was an excellent investment.