Back to Machine Learning for All

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Learning for All by University of London

Machine Learning, often called Artificial Intelligence or AI, is one of the most exciting areas of technology at the moment. We see daily news stories that herald new breakthroughs in facial recognition technology, self driving cars or computers that can have a conversation just like a real person. Machine Learning technology is set to revolutionise almost any area of human life and work, and so will affect all our lives, and so you are likely to want to find out more about it. Machine Learning has a reputation for being one of the most complex areas of computer science, requiring advanced mathematics and engineering skills to understand it. While it is true that working as a Machine Learning engineer does involve a lot of mathematics and programming, we believe that anyone can understand the basic concepts of Machine Learning, and given the importance of this technology, everyone should. The big AI breakthroughs sound like science fiction, but they come down to a simple idea: the use of data to train statistical algorithms. In this course you will learn to understand the basic idea of machine learning, even if you don't have any background in math or programming. Not only that, you will get hands on and use user friendly tools developed at Goldsmiths, University of London to actually do a machine learning project: training a computer to recognise images. This course is for a lot of different people. It could be a good first step into a technical career in Machine Learning, after all it is always better to start with the high level concepts before the technical details, but it is also great if your role is non-technical. You might be a manager or other non-technical role in a company that is considering using Machine Learning. You really need to understand this technology, and this course is a great place to get that understanding. Or you might just be following the news reports about AI and interested in finding out more about the hottest new technology of the moment. Whoever you are, we are looking forward to guiding you through you first machine learning project. NB this course is designed to introduce you to Machine Learning without needing any programming. That means that we don't cover the programming based machine learning tools like python and TensorFlow....

AA
May 6, 2020

THIS COURSE REALLY REALLY FOUND HELPFUL.AND THIS IS A PERFECT COURSE FOR A BEGINNER.REALLY GAINED AN INSIGHT INTO MACHINE LEARNING.BENEFITS AND DANGERS .AND THE INSTRUCTOR IS TOO TOO GOOD.LOTS OF LOVE

AA
Aug 25, 2020

Awesome course, teaches the concepts of machine learning to anyone regardless of previous knowledge. I suggest anyone who just wants to understand how machine learning works to enroll in this course!

26 - 50 of 681 Reviews for Machine Learning for All

By Ahmed A A

Aug 26, 2020

By Kumar A

Jun 23, 2020

If you want the basic information how machine learning works, you can enroll but if you want tolearn the coding part, Sorry.

By PRAMOD S

Sep 12, 2020

There is no coding included. It just tells what is basically Machine Learning is and it's advantages and dangerous.

By Namrata Y

Jun 23, 2020

The course is nice but the details about ml algorithms are not explained here. You can learn all the basics of ml.

By Madhuri

Jun 27, 2020

It is very very basic course ,not happy with course content. There some good courses on course era .

By Kevynn D

Better if more guided exercises are included as some are clueless on what to do based on the forums.

By Mullapudi L S

May 23, 2020

this course doesnt mentiones how to do a project but wsaid about collecting datasets

By Aurek C

Aug 31, 2020

At least a little bit of depth on the subject would have been better.

By Dr C M L

Jul 18, 2020

the assignments are graded by peers , which is the worst thing .

By APPANI K

Jul 1, 2020

In this cource you wil only have theory part not the coding part

By Amogha m k

Aug 10, 2020

Not upto the mark.taught just the basics and fundamentals of ML

By sandeep d

Aug 21, 2020

content is not enough

By yerragunta r

Jun 29, 2020

waste of time

By VAIBHAV V P

Aug 18, 2020

Too basic Course. Even if you are a beginner it's not going to add much to your knowledge. if you just want a certificate to put the course in resume, then only go for it. I will compare the whole course with watching a single good video on Youtube. It's just waste of time.

By YUNFEI Y

Aug 31, 2020

it could describe as briefly introduction ML 101 no coding requrie

By satyam k

Sep 14, 2020

u can learn more than this on u tube for free

By karthik k

Aug 11, 2020

Literally dissapointed .Very bad course

By Pappu D S K

Apr 23, 2020

not that much as expected

By Saksham S

Apr 28, 2020

useless

By HARI K

Sep 25, 2020

At first, I thought it was difficult for me to follow as I come from a different background other than computer science. As I began to progress, the context became clear and I found myself engaging in this more. The teaching style is good, the exercises with examples are amazing. Overall I learnt the basics of Machine learning perfectly, As this topic is so wide there is a lot for me to cover and I am proud that I started my journey from this course. I was also able to complete this course within two weeks as it was very easy to understand. Thank you.

By Rohit C A

It's a really one of the best course who wants to start their career in the Machine Learning, The Instructor Explained in very well manner about how the data is important for Machine Learning models, In this course the 3 -4 machine learning models also he made ,so we learner can understand it it quickly and completly. I want to say Thank You who made this course available to us and Good Luck for the batchmeats who learned along with me. Thank you once again to all....!!!

By Lau W M

Aug 17, 2020

Very inspiring and well-organized course for beginners to learn about machine learning. Truly appreciated the precise and concise course materials, and the illustrative animation and examples. Also enjoyed the valuable sharing by different experts in the field. The one thing I like most about this course was the "Machine Learning Project" that I found the experiential learning insightful. Overall, highly recommended to those who are interested in machine learning

By Adriana M Z

Mar 15, 2021

Very insightful and easy-going. I did not know anything about ML and AI and this short course has taught me the basics and what is more, fostered my interest in ML applications. For beginners I think is perfect, if you know the basics already, then you might not find this course as interesting as a beginner. I would like to know more things in-depth and what is really behind ML, so I will keep up my self-study in this exciting field!

By MERLIN M V

Sep 1, 2020

I have never completed a course like this before & i cannot express how great the instructor was & the overall content of machine learning.This course explained the very basic concepts of machine learning in a simple way.I had no prior experience in ML but i have enjoyed this course a lot and did the practical exercises too.This is an awesome course for a beginner. Simple ,short & precise way of explaining the concepts.

By Geoff D

Jun 19, 2020

Excellent introduction to Machine Learning, especially if you're not interested in programming per se. In my case I wanted to have an appreciation for it without having to write Python code, and the course delivered.

Videos were almost always worthwhile, especially the panel discussions.

It would be nice for the Coursera platform to allow me to easily find my previous comments on a particular week.