Back to Usable Security

Usable Security, University of Maryland, College Park

About this Course

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

By IR

Jun 21, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

By DG

Jun 29, 2016

Despite not being very fond of areas such as human-computer interaction, I found this course to be well-presented and useful. Definitely a necessity for anyone planning on building secure software.

310 Reviews

By heer vaidya

Mar 24, 2019

grate eaxplanation...

By Afonso H. R. Alves

Mar 03, 2019

This course is essential to understand how design, ideas and purpose can dictate our use and acceptance regarding Apps or interfaces in general.

Good content and exercises that represents what you are reading and learning.

By Christian Schneider

Mar 01, 2019

In general, I liked this course very much. However, I am not sure and have no way of telling from the content how relevant the course material still is. Most reading is from the mid 2000s and newer screenshots are from 2014. I know it's an academic course but still it seems dated occasionally (I mean talking about Firefox 2). Also, some links to the readings are outdated.

By Rahul Singh

Feb 27, 2019

amazing course

By Muhammad Faraz

Feb 24, 2019

Wonderful introduction to best possible usable security

By dodiya jigar rajeshbhai

Feb 08, 2019

nice

By Devashish Soni

Feb 02, 2019

i love the course and the way of teaching providing such a information in that much of less time is so much great.

By LEMMA LESSA FEREDE

Feb 02, 2019

I found this course informative, easy to understand and timely. I like the way the course material is organized and presented. I would like to appreciate the course instructor for her eye-catching way of presentation. Thank you so much!

By Chika Uzoma Nwajagu

Jan 21, 2019

I have a better understanding of Usability + Security , the videos were clear, simple and detailed

By Roger Aragones

Jan 13, 2019

I have learn small about security and some basics about design, perhaps this training should be renamed to "design" instead security....