Back to Usable Security

Usable Security, University of Maryland, College Park

About this Course

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

By IR

Jun 21, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

By DG

Jun 29, 2016

Despite not being very fond of areas such as human-computer interaction, I found this course to be well-presented and useful. Definitely a necessity for anyone planning on building secure software.

294 Reviews

By Zach D

Dec 13, 2018

Good content but pretty redundant at times.

By deepak

Dec 10, 2018

Really helped me understand usability by design and how to incorporate usability as part of security design. This is a recommended course

By Rishabh Kumar Sah

Dec 03, 2018

Nice

By Atta ul haq

Nov 27, 2018

really helpful for improving my skills and techniques

By Fernando Taniguti

Nov 25, 2018

Very nice concepts, I always believed that more security meant less usable systems, which is not true.

By madhullapalli.venkata sai srinivas

Nov 17, 2018

I learnt lot of things related to data ,security , privacy . Now I have a clear idea to develop a new software from scratch

By Matheus Ribeiro

Nov 13, 2018

Bom conteúdo, algumas aulas poderiam ser refeitas

By Thanin JATWATTANAKUL

Oct 16, 2018

Contents are great, just some inconsistency in audio level.

By Kajol Naidu

Oct 14, 2018

Really insightful and helpful with the explanations and interviews!

By Christopher Tullis

Oct 08, 2018

The course was too basic to be engaging. The other courses in the specialisation are much more challenging and you learn a lot more. I do not feel like I learned much in this course.