Back to Usable Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Usable Security by University of Maryland, College Park

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

IR

Jun 21, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

DG

Jun 29, 2016

Despite not being very fond of areas such as human-computer interaction, I found this course to be well-presented and useful. Definitely a necessity for anyone planning on building secure software.

1 - 25 of 362 Reviews for Usable Security

By Christopher T

Oct 08, 2018

The course was too basic to be engaging. The other courses in the specialisation are much more challenging and you learn a lot more. I do not feel like I learned much in this course.

By dodiya j r

Feb 08, 2019

nice

By Scott S

May 26, 2019

This course is fine for what it is, but the content has not been updated since 2014. It would be great if this course were refreshed to account for changes in the security landscape and the technologies that now are in common use in 2019. That said, the course itself is a reasonable foundation for some core concepts in usable security and privacy policies.

By Ivan G

Jul 14, 2019

waste of time

By madhullapalli.venkata s s

Nov 17, 2018

I learnt lot of things related to data ,security , privacy . Now I have a clear idea to develop a new software from scratch

By Rishabh K S

Dec 03, 2018

Nice

By Shwetha H

Dec 20, 2018

The course layout is simple and the flow is very convenient and helpful. The instructor made it very easy to understand the topics and the reading recommended were of a great help. This course has given me a head start and made me feel confident about the topic that I was not previously well versed with.

By deepak

Dec 10, 2018

Really helped me understand usability by design and how to incorporate usability as part of security design. This is a recommended course

By Mithun K G

Dec 26, 2018

Great Course on Security

By Carlos J B A

Jan 01, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

By Herman B B

Jan 03, 2019

Very informative

By LEMMA L F

Feb 02, 2019

I found this course informative, easy to understand and timely. I like the way the course material is organized and presented. I would like to appreciate the course instructor for her eye-catching way of presentation. Thank you so much!

By Devashish S

Feb 02, 2019

i love the course and the way of teaching providing such a information in that much of less time is so much great.

By Fernando T

Nov 25, 2018

Very nice concepts, I always believed that more security meant less usable systems, which is not true.

By Atta u h

Nov 27, 2018

really helpful for improving my skills and techniques

By Chika U N

Jan 21, 2019

I have a better understanding of Usability + Security , the videos were clear, simple and detailed

By Muhammad F

Feb 24, 2019

Wonderful introduction to best possible usable security

By Rahul S

Feb 27, 2019

amazing course

By Afonso H R A

Mar 03, 2019

This course is essential to understand how design, ideas and purpose can dictate our use and acceptance regarding Apps or interfaces in general.

Good content and exercises that represents what you are reading and learning.

By Mohammad L S

Jan 12, 2019

Great Course

By Paul M

Dec 17, 2018

These courses are awesome.

By Christian K

Jul 30, 2018

l like the course and the way it was delivered. The final TED video was particular good example.

My little suggestion comes around the multiple choice question. I'd prefer that the number of correct answers be explicitly indicated.

Otherwise, it was a overall very good experience.

By George A M

Jul 31, 2018

Great course to learn more about how to understand, develop, and implement greater usability.

By Timo S

Aug 01, 2017

It was great course; It covers many topics that my universtity avoid in lectures and the usability is topic about of everyone talks about, but a very few actually care about it.

By Trifanov E

Sep 07, 2017

Useful course about concepts of usability.