Back to Usable Security

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Usable Security by University of Maryland, College Park

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

IR
Jun 20, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

DG
Jun 28, 2016

Despite not being very fond of areas such as human-computer interaction, I found this course to be well-presented and useful. Definitely a necessity for anyone planning on building secure software.

101 - 125 of 655 Reviews for Usable Security

By Emiliano T

Dec 24, 2017

I loved this course. Given that it's not too hard to follow, I find it to be a good way to start the Cybersecurity specialization.

Thanks Jen!

By Kartik R

May 12, 2020

Thankyou for such a great course offered by Maryland University . This was something new I learned in these days. Overall nice experience!

By Iwan S

Nov 3, 2019

Attend this course is helping me to understand how to make design system better, i learn in user's perspective view not only as designer.

By deepak

Dec 10, 2018

Really helped me understand usability by design and how to incorporate usability as part of security design. This is a recommended course

By kyle s

Feb 13, 2017

Great class. Ms. Golbeck is very clear and the pacing is great. I like that you can skip ahead to the next week if you have the time.

By Roderick Y V

Nov 6, 2020

Thank you for the Chance of Learning Usable Security. It helps me a lot in Designing systems with these topics i learned. Thank u.

By Shashank V

Sep 23, 2020

Awesome information and real world scenarios with perfect understandable examples , but these are only theories need to practice.

By Mohammad Y

Aug 25, 2020

I learned a lot from this course, the materials were not very complicated and the additional reading materials were very helpful.

By Muhammad M

Mar 16, 2020

One of the best online courses I have ever studied. Perfect depth,clear voice and high rate of understanding..Excellecnt Course.

By Kasuntha M

Feb 1, 2021

Great course to learn about Usable Security. I highly recommend this course. Thank you for offering this valuable course to me.

By SOUVIK S

Nov 15, 2020

I thank Coursera team & Usable security team for making this course simple and understandable and available for us. Thank you.

By Gad S

Nov 2, 2020

Good reading materials, wonderful video, tailored to fit the course description. not too much information and a lot to learn.

By Rahul B

Jul 11, 2016

Its level increases gradually, the lectures have been explained in a lucid manner and there is a lot to gain from this course

By Nicholas K

Oct 24, 2019

This course was had me engaged with the facets of Usability Fundamentals. The course was clear and very informative as well.

By karthik s

Jun 1, 2016

The concepts are explained in best way so that even the layman can understand it and use it in his daily life and be secured

By Anila B

Sep 13, 2020

The basics of cyber security has been well explained by the professor. Many thanks for building up my foundation so strong.

By madhullapalli.venkata s s

Nov 17, 2018

I learnt lot of things related to data ,security , privacy . Now I have a clear idea to develop a new software from scratch

By Elliott K

Jan 14, 2017

The course was pretty good, I certainly learned a lot, but more hands on material would have been nice (Interactive).

Thanks

By Carlos A

Dec 1, 2019

MUy bueno, enseñan loq eu uno debe tener en cuenta a la hora de diseñar sistemas de seguridad enfocados en la usabilidad

By Keshav P

Sep 28, 2018

Course content was up to the mark. i have learned a lot about how to make system more usable without sacrificing security.

By Jaskaran S

Aug 29, 2018

Excellent teachings. Great videos. Easily understandable and very comprehensive. Got to learn so much through this course.

By abraham

Nov 26, 2020

This was really a nice course. It has help me improved my knowledge on to deal with employee when it comes to security.

By John M

Dec 14, 2017

Overall I really liked this course and it was laid out well. I will be using several learned items within my workplace

By AMANDA J

Oct 13, 2020

lessons are clear and very informative.

Thank you very much for all of your endeavours to make this course a success.

By Camilo G

Jul 27, 2017

Excellent course, the teacher is great, she truly makes things easy to understand, it has very good support material.