Back to Usable Security

Usable Security, University of Maryland, College Park

About this Course

This course focuses on how to design and build secure systems with a human-centric focus. We will look at basic principles of human-computer interaction, and apply these insights to the design of secure systems with the goal of developing security measures that respect human performance and their goals within a system....

By IR

Jun 21, 2016

I like how in depth this gets. it explains it very well an in ways for people who are starting off in this field to get a basic understanding in exactly what we are learning. very well put together!

By DG

Jun 29, 2016

Despite not being very fond of areas such as human-computer interaction, I found this course to be well-presented and useful. Definitely a necessity for anyone planning on building secure software.

316 Reviews

By Sumit Gupta

Apr 16, 2019

Its all gas. Instructor should mention this that its for kids, full time waste

By Shambhu Prasad Khanal

Apr 15, 2019

Awesome!

By Mano Jayanth

Apr 10, 2019

it was a very interesting course

By sarthak mehta

Apr 09, 2019

nice

By DOGGALA PENCHAL REDDY

Apr 04, 2019

sad

By Eric Baptist

Mar 28, 2019

This course gave me an understanding of Usable Security which I did not have before. The work that it takes or should take into creating systems for users is more intricate than I ever thought.

By heer vaidya

Mar 24, 2019

grate eaxplanation...

By Afonso H. R. Alves

Mar 03, 2019

This course is essential to understand how design, ideas and purpose can dictate our use and acceptance regarding Apps or interfaces in general.

Good content and exercises that represents what you are reading and learning.

By Christian Schneider

Mar 01, 2019

In general, I liked this course very much. However, I am not sure and have no way of telling from the content how relevant the course material still is. Most reading is from the mid 2000s and newer screenshots are from 2014. I know it's an academic course but still it seems dated occasionally (I mean talking about Firefox 2). Also, some links to the readings are outdated.

By Rahul Singh