Back to New Models of Business in Society

Learner Reviews & Feedback for New Models of Business in Society by University of Virginia

In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we will be discussing the emergence of a new story about business. This new story locates business within a societal framework. Almost every business creates or destroys value for customers, suppliers, employees, communities and society, in addition to shareholders and other financiers. A number of new models of business can be built on this idea such as corporate responsibility, philanthropy, shared value and sustainability. Profits and stakeholder value go together, and this course explains how. The final session explores the idea of how to become a stakeholder entrepreneur and create a business that makes money and makes the world a better place....

YL
May 4, 2020

Nice Course..The way of delivering and passion of the professor for inspiring students is excellence..\n\nit helps me to think in a better way about business & Got lot of Insights ...Thank u Professor

PS
May 7, 2020

It was nice to know different ways through which a potential entrepreneur can contribute to the society. I really liked the way Prof. Edward Freeman explained by giving numerous examples. Thank you!

876 - 900 of 1,056 Reviews for New Models of Business in Society

By BRAJ M K

Jun 30, 2020

good

By S. S

Jun 24, 2020

good

By Pingala S S K

Good

By S. V K

Nice

By Kammari K

Jun 18, 2020

good

By Akshay B

Jun 18, 2020

best

By Md. F H F

Jun 17, 2020

well

By GOKUL K

Good

By p s

Jun 15, 2020

Good

By KAVIPRIYA S V

Jun 13, 2020

Good

By tale p

Jun 13, 2020

good

By Vajinepalli s s

Jun 8, 2020

nice

By Sriskantharajah V

Jun 6, 2020

good

By Ravan B R

nice

By นางสาว น ศ

May 15, 2020

good

By Arjun d

May 6, 2020

Best

By Naili Z

May 6, 2020

Good

By Ganlin Z

Oct 6, 2020

The course really attracts me, although it takes a short time to learn. It's quite useful to beginners and learners, managers and shareholders as well. Especially for entrepreneurs who are going to start up their businesses, the issues mentioned in the course will be met in the business. However, one flaw I met is about the technology that I couldn't open all videos in the course and only could read the words which was showed below. This results in a situation that some words cannot be showed because the system couldn't identify them in the video, showing like 'UNKNOWN' or 'INAUDIBLE'. Sometimes it leads to misunderstand. Hopefully, it will be solved ASAP.

By pankaj k

May 1, 2020

The course delves into traditional frames of observing and understanding business practices and their decreasing relevance going forward. It motivates setting newer expectations, more environmentally attuned models of business, considering stakeholders in totality. No trade-off's among stakeholders. The course includes interviews from seasoned practitioners of such business models. The course does not take up or address sufficiently the challenges in undertaking these new models. Also, supporting eco-systems for people who wish to pursue aren't consider as well. The course is a good start, however, to start thinking differently about businesses.

By George d C

Jul 16, 2020

Definitely a good and quite refreshing course compared to usual business courses.

I did start it originally hoping to get a toolkit or ideas about "How to" start a new social impact business, and while this course touches on the topic of social entrepreneurship, it only barely goes into the How to by talking about pain points for others in a very generic way. I just wished there more practical rules for research and finding ideas based on demographics, geography, etc... that can help with starting a social entrepreneurship business (which would also definitely have a stakeholder entrepreneurship approach)

By Pete O

Apr 2, 2016

And enthusiastic presenter on a subject which I've not had exposure to - supported by some interesting short interviews.

I found the sessions less academically challenging than other Coursera's - but that is probably OK because of the nature of the course.

It's not an essential course in my life, but interesting and probably a good starting point for MOOC newbies. And I'll be checking back to see if the Prof appears in something else.

By Abhishek A K

Jun 25, 2020

I was very good amount of knowledge I grab from this course. I am new in this model of era of business, and I see some of my social corporate responsibilities as well as the profit making business model. Main purpose of any organization or an individual is to give satisfaction to the customer at level of extent so that his or her problem can be solve permanently. I learnt so many new thing from this course thanks you.

By Dmitrijs S

May 3, 2020

This course made me think about business a different way comparing what I had in mind before. It focuses on a side of humanity, where each of us should help each other, where I create to make your life easier and happier. Last part of the course was about how to create and how to start your business, and, honestly, I feel very motivated to start and I will do my best to do so.

By Maria I B D S

Jul 11, 2020

Eu simplesmente amei este curso, em ver que as teorias que imaginava sobre sustentabilidade e negócios poderem caminhar juntos em pró de um mundo melhor é totalmente possível. Com exemplos de depoimentos dados pelo curso, posso perceber ainda mais a importância de sermos clientes e empresários responsáveis para a mudança e melhoria global para o beneficio de todos.

By Maydelene L

It was a very nice introductory course on business models, so it was easy to follow to someone who doesn't have a background in business studies. However, I feel that the organisation could be improved better, as I found myself being confused about how some points are jumped from one to another without clearly saying so.