Back to The Science of Training Young Athletes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Training Young Athletes by University of Florida

Seventy percent of kids drop out of sports before their high school graduation. Only 15% leave because they feel they are not good enough. Almost 70% leave because they were not having fun, or due to problems with the coach. Injuries cause 30% to give up sports. This course is packed full of practical sports science information that provide youth coaches and parents with the practical pediatric sports science insights to successfully retain young athletes and develop their sport potential while avoiding injury and overtraining. We begin by examining the multidimensional nature of coaching, the relevant sport motor performance abilities, the impact of growth and development on motor skills, the gene versus practice controversy, and briefly overview the body structures strengthened through training. Then we explore the athlete's energy supply, where this energy comes from, and how it matures along with the athlete. Finally, we examine the development of strength, power, anaerobic capacity, coordination and flexibility through the life span. The optional text manual for this course is available at: http://www.learnitez.com/HighPerformanceScience/manuals/...

BD

May 28, 2017

Great base to build on. Filled in my gaps with regards to physical/physiological development of young athletes. For me it is a great addition to the English FA Level 1 and 2 football coaching course.

TB

Sep 10, 2018

Very well designed course, provides very complete and deep information regarding the Science of Training such as the physiology, biology, athletes training and others ...

1 - 25 of 65 Reviews for The Science of Training Young Athletes

By Mattia B

Jul 09, 2019

Very well done course.. a must do for all the serious coaches

By Guan-Yi C

Apr 22, 2019

Very useful and informal course

By Ivan F

Apr 18, 2019

Awesome!

By Nji A F

Mar 29, 2019

It's really amazing the lecture are very understandable .thanks

By Briti D

Mar 29, 2019

excellent course

By Claudia L G R

Mar 08, 2019

Very clear content

By Richard R D

Feb 10, 2019

I love this course. Very well explained and detailled. It also gives you a great insight of sport sciences.

Some of the modules really explaned the difference between genders. As a soccer of coach of young females athletes, it teaches more about females athletes too.

By Saif S A

Feb 08, 2019

Great information and valuable knowledge

By Jason B

Dec 29, 2018

Solid foundations and general directions for anyone that plans to coach youth athletes.

By Ana C

Dec 02, 2018

Good for have a general view and basics that I coach should know for training children

By Michael L

Oct 31, 2018

excellent for coaches dealing with kids

By Flavio M F

Oct 28, 2018

Um curso muito bom! Com muita informação para se tornar um coach de jovens atletas e estimular e potencializar o desenvolvimento e retenção dos jovens nos esportes!

By Lee J

Oct 10, 2018

I have learned a lot from this corse. Thank you

By Tércio A d R B

Sep 10, 2018

By Siddharth G

Sep 07, 2018

A good source to gain a basic knowledge about the science involved in sports.

By Vera C D

Sep 01, 2018

This was my first time interacting in taking an online course. I found the information to be very informative and interesting. I really enjoyed the experience. Now that I've gotten my feet wet, I look forward to continuing my educational goals. My aspiration is to learn as much as I can in order to allow people and children to become better achievers for tomorrow.

By Muhd P N

Jun 19, 2018

This course provided me with a great insights, as well as helped me review and refresh what I have learnt during my undergraduate studies.

By Darragh C

May 11, 2018

This course gives great insight into the training of Young Athletes and has been a great help to me as both a Rugby Coach and Personal Trainer

By Craig G

May 07, 2018

Great course , learning more detail everytime I study this topic!

By Vivian

Apr 10, 2018

Excellent course I liked a lot and I enjoyed it and used it a lot in my work.

By Dorian G

Apr 01, 2018

Great course to cover some basics of training young athletes. Gives an overview

By Konstantin Y

Mar 25, 2018

Eye opening course! Gives base for effective and efficient training.

By RYAN B V

Mar 23, 2018

A lot of useful insights which can be applied.

By Ahmed R H N

Feb 27, 2018

great

By Rob M

Feb 22, 2018

Enjoyed this course and picked up quite a few good points. Highly recommended for new coaches or people involved with youth sports.