Back to Command Line in Linux

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Command Line in Linux by Coursera Project Network

Linux is a popular operating system that is based on the Unix operating system. It has many distributions which have different interfaces for installing software, different user interfaces, and so on. One thing all of the ‘distros’ have in common is that they all have a command line interface, or terminal. In fact, sometimes there is no user interface except the terminal itself. A Linux server running a web application on AWS, for example, may only contain the software required to run the application, and no GUI ‘window’ system at all. It is crucial to learn the Linux command line if you are going to be a productive Linux user and/or administer a Linux server. In this course, you will use Linux commands to navigate Linux directories, search for files, search for patterns, create files and directories, and remove files and directories. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

PR
Aug 19, 2020

This course contains all basic knowledge about the Linux commands.\n\nI get clear all my little difficulty from this course.\n\nThanks!!!

JH
Sep 24, 2020

Enjoyed the course. The instructor sometimes moved a little fast but it wasn't a problem since I could paused and replay the video.

1 - 25 of 94 Reviews for Command Line in Linux

By Abdikariim I M

Sep 2, 2020

fist command line linux is very good using for may self and interesting , thanks courser

you give me the basic for using cmd

example = echo SHELL

and so on so far

By Jon H

By PARAM R

Aug 20, 2020

This course contains all basic knowledge about the Linux commands.

I get clear all my little difficulty from this course.

Thanks!!!

By Yan L

Nov 3, 2020

Good job David. I really want to learn more, so, if you make another course, i'll be happy to be there. Thanks a lot!

By Dodangodage D L N

Jul 21, 2020

Great learning experience. Excellent explanation and demonstration. Highly recommend for beginners.

By Bassant A E

Sep 30, 2020

I learned in a simple and uncomplicated way and I loved it

By Samah M

Oct 27, 2020

I like it, it's perfect for beginners, the course took less than 2 hours

By Rachit A

Jul 26, 2020

This course gave me a hands-on practical experience for using linux commands in a virtual environment without forcing me to actually arrange the linux resources in my machine separately. I really love the concept of online Rhyme Environment for practice. Appreciate the technical developers behind Rhyme resources. Thankyou

By Rodney Y C L

Jan 11, 2021

Great course @ http://rodyeo.dyndns.org

But cheating the public community! Why? After you subscription have expired all your past course contents completed and graduated are not accessible and it forced you to upgrade to paid subscription. This is absurd and cheating the general public community!

By PANDIPATI P

Sep 11, 2020

This course will gives the Basics Knowledge and how to learn Linux in a Proper Way.I hope Everyone can take this course and try to understand or learn the codes or commands. I hope it will be little tough but try to use it in Better Way. THANK YOU.

By Israel R Z C

Nov 26, 2020

The instructor delivered the topics in a great pace, the Contents were really good!!! KUDOS!!!!

By ILLYA B

Jan 26, 2021

David is a fantastic instructor! He motivated me to participate in more guided projects!

By Jhon J B S

Aug 24, 2020

Basic but useful commands that you need to know if use Linux. Very good basic course.

By SHAWON K P

Aug 1, 2020

It is the best begginer course to have an interested on Linux. Linux is a Dream!

By Sam N

Aug 7, 2020

Easily understood this course, Also try this one for beginner Linux engineer

By PURVI A

Sep 15, 2020

i was a very wonderful course and let me learn much of the linux commands

By Wan M I W Y

Sep 24, 2020

good for those who would like to explore and learn basic linux command

By Daniel R

Oct 2, 2020

I really love the tool used to do the guided project.

By Manpitiya r s m

Sep 4, 2020

good explanation simple ,and short video lessons.

By jose m t j

Oct 21, 2020

excellent course to start with the command line

By Supun T

Aug 1, 2020

Good Course for basic command in linux Terminal

By Tricia d C H

Nov 21, 2020

Great Training. Thanks a lot for it.

By Rodrigo A V A

Sep 12, 2020

Easy, fast, well explained, love it!

By LUTHFI F I

Oct 1, 2020

This adds my knowledge, thank you!

By Gordon S

Oct 26, 2020

Great for beginners like myself