Back to Command Line in Linux

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Command Line in Linux by Coursera Project Network

Linux is a popular operating system that is based on the Unix operating system. It has many distributions which have different interfaces for installing software, different user interfaces, and so on. One thing all of the ‘distros’ have in common is that they all have a command line interface, or terminal. In fact, sometimes there is no user interface except the terminal itself. A Linux server running a web application on AWS, for example, may only contain the software required to run the application, and no GUI ‘window’ system at all. It is crucial to learn the Linux command line if you are going to be a productive Linux user and/or administer a Linux server. In this course, you will use Linux commands to navigate Linux directories, search for files, search for patterns, create files and directories, and remove files and directories. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

PR

Aug 20, 2020

This course contains all basic knowledge about the Linux commands.\n\nI get clear all my little difficulty from this course.\n\nThanks!!!

JH

Sep 25, 2020

Enjoyed the course. The instructor sometimes moved a little fast but it wasn't a problem since I could paused and replay the video.

1 - 25 of 75 Reviews for Command Line in Linux

By PARAM R

Aug 20, 2020

This course contains all basic knowledge about the Linux commands.

I get clear all my little difficulty from this course.

Thanks!!!

By Dodangodage D L N

Jul 22, 2020

Great learning experience. Excellent explanation and demonstration. Highly recommend for beginners.

By Bassant A E

Sep 30, 2020

I learned in a simple and uncomplicated way and I loved it

By Samah M

Oct 27, 2020

I like it, it's perfect for beginners, the course took less than 2 hours

By Rachit A

Jul 26, 2020

This course gave me a hands-on practical experience for using linux commands in a virtual environment without forcing me to actually arrange the linux resources in my machine separately. I really love the concept of online Rhyme Environment for practice. Appreciate the technical developers behind Rhyme resources. Thankyou

By Abdikariim I M

Sep 02, 2020

fist command line linux is very good using for may self and interesting , thanks courser

you give me the basic for using cmd

example = echo SHELL

rm -rf

and so on so far

By PANDIPATI P

Sep 11, 2020

This course will gives the Basics Knowledge and how to learn Linux in a Proper Way.I hope Everyone can take this course and try to understand or learn the codes or commands. I hope it will be little tough but try to use it in Better Way. THANK YOU.

By Jon H

Sep 25, 2020

By Jhon J B S

Aug 24, 2020

Basic but useful commands that you need to know if use Linux. Very good basic course.

By SHAWON K P

Aug 01, 2020

It is the best begginer course to have an interested on Linux. Linux is a Dream!

By Sam N

Aug 07, 2020

Easily understood this course, Also try this one for beginner Linux engineer

By PURVI A

Sep 15, 2020

i was a very wonderful course and let me learn much of the linux commands

By Wan M I W Y

Sep 24, 2020

good for those who would like to explore and learn basic linux command

By Daniel R

Oct 02, 2020

I really love the tool used to do the guided project.

By Manpitiya r s m

Sep 05, 2020

good explanation simple ,and short video lessons.

By jose m t j

Oct 21, 2020

excellent course to start with the command line

By Supun T

Aug 01, 2020

Good Course for basic command in linux Terminal

By Rodrigo A V A

Sep 13, 2020

Easy, fast, well explained, love it!

By Luthfi F

Oct 01, 2020

This adds my knowledge, thank you!

By Gordon S

Oct 26, 2020

Great for beginners like myself

By Nevindra D

Sep 12, 2020

Very Good Course for beginners

By Amadou M I

Oct 23, 2020

Good for absolute beginners !

By Aman S