- Understand the various policy approaches involved in the transition to a low carbon economy including in particular "cap & trade" carbon markets
- Learn to assess how climate change impacts financial portfolios and and how to manage climate risk in equity portfolios
- Understand how climate change risks impact corporate decisions and company value
- Understand the instruments investment funds and solutions used to finance clean technologies and clean energy
- Understanding the evidence for climate change and for its anthropogenic origin
- Understand the likely impacts on the real economy of the different courses of actions ahead of us
- Evaluate projects on a portfolio basis the economic attractiveness of various abatement projects
- Assess critically the economic desirability of different technologically feasible abatement technologies
- Understand how climate change risk exposure affects corporate decisions and value
- Map the financial risks and opportunities of climate change
- Understand the instruments investment funds and solutions to finance clean technologies and clean energy
- Assess how climate change impacts financial intermediaries and systemic risks
Climate Change and Sustainable Investing Specialization
Study the economics and finance of climate change. With this specialization, learners will gain a basic understanding of the science of climate change, which is a fundamental requirement for a good understanding of the pros and cons of different climate policies as well as a good understanding of the impact of climate change on companies and investment portfolios.
What you will learn
The science of climate change
The economics of climate change
The finance of climate change
Understanding the evidence for climate change, and of its anthropogenic origin
Skills you will gain
About this Specialization
Applied Learning Project
This specialization aims to provide you with the tools allowing you to build an informed opinion grounded on scientific facts on the feasibility and effectiveness of current options to fight climate change. In addition you will get a chance, as a final capstone project, to work through a practical example of how to build an efficient low-carbon investing strategy.
How the Specialization Works
A Coursera Specialization is a series of courses that helps you master a skill. To begin, enroll in the Specialization directly, or review its courses and choose the one you'd like to start with. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full Specialization. It’s okay to complete just one course — you can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time. Visit your learner dashboard to track your course enrollments and your progress.
Every Specialization includes a hands-on project. You'll need to successfully finish the project(s) to complete the Specialization and earn your certificate. If the Specialization includes a separate course for the hands-on project, you'll need to finish each of the other courses before you can start it.
Earn a Certificate
When you finish every course and complete the hands-on project, you'll earn a Certificate that you can share with prospective employers and your professional network.
There are 4 Courses in this Specialization
Science and Engineering of Climate Change
Economics and Policies of Climate Change
The Finance of Climate Change
Climate Aware Investing
RICCARDO REBONATO - EDHEC BUSINESS SCHOOLProfessor of Finance at EDHEC Business School, Scientific Director of EDHEC Risk Climate-Change Institute
LIONEL MARTELLINI -EDHEC BUSINESS SCHOOLProfessor of Finance, EDHEC Business School
GIANFRANCO GIANFRATE - EDHEC BUSINESS SCHOOLProfessor of Finance, EDHEC Business School
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the refund policy?
Can I just enroll in a single course?
Is financial aid available?
Can I take the course for free?
Is this course really 100% online? Do I need to attend any classes in person?
Will I earn university credit for completing the Specialization?
How long does it take to complete the Specialization?
What background knowledge is necessary?
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
More questions? Visit the Learner Help Center.