Back to Agile Software Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile Software Development by University of Minnesota

Software industry is going crazy on agile methods. It is rapidly becoming the choice for software development where requirements are unpredictable or is expected to change over time. This course will help you gain knowledge on what is agile? Why agile is better suited for these situations? We will also cover some of the most common agile frameworks like scrum and XP in depth. Prerequisite: You need basic knowledge of software development process and software development methodologies. After completing this course, you will be able to : 1) Demonstrate the ability to participate effectively in agile practices/process for software development. 2) Explain the purpose behind common agile practices. 3) Ability to apply agile principles and values to a given situation. 4) Ability to identify and address most common problems encountered in adopting Agile methods. Project: You will also be given opportunity to apply what you learn in this course. You will be given fictional case studies, where after studying the case study, you will have to exercise some of the practices, techniques, etc that team members of an agile team members are expected to know....

Jul 15, 2019

One of the best course for Agile software methodology in order to understand each role and responsibility. It also describes the definition of the terms which are widely being used in Agile framework

PC

Sep 29, 2020

Agile will really help us in different aspects of Developing the Software with proper approach and proper planning. And this course is very helpful for us in growing in the Project management side.

1 - 25 of 536 Reviews for Agile Software Development

By Maria W

Jun 06, 2018

I completed the first three courses seven months ago and the fourth course has yet to be offered. I selected these courses because they were offered as part of a specialization. Selling the course as a specialization but never offering the last course is not only very frustrating but false advertising. I would not have paid and taken these courses if I had known that the last course was not going to be offered, and therefore, I could not complete the specialization that was advertised.

By Nishant D

Jul 12, 2019

The process of peer review is lengthy and takes time. Also it is not consistent, few members mark high marks and few other mark too low which require you to resubmit your assignment. The course content was satisfactory, instructor could have involved one real life agile development example and should have continued that throughout the course to relate to theory. Thanks.

By Vinayak D

May 08, 2020

It is very good Course.With Agile we can deliver better project/product. Customer would be happy as he get update on imprement, progress, completion of project percentage on time to time.

By Harshad T

Apr 08, 2020

It is a very good course for beginner and people who are new to Agile. Peer Assessment is the best feature of this module which really ensure application of learning.

By Sachin S s

Mar 02, 2020

This is very nice cource and it test our knowledge to very high level . Assignment are really nice and ,number of time we solve it ,our skil get better and better

By Amit P

Feb 16, 2019

It was a quite good course. Gave a good overview of Agile methodologies which could be used in your day to day job. Assignments are also good quality.

By Olga G

Jan 11, 2020

Updated review.

Initially I have provided a 5-stars score for the course and the initial review is below.

At the same time I want to make sure this review can be viewed by the people who aim to get the certificate for THE WHOLE SPECIALIZATION, therefore I give a bad score to attract attention of those learners.

If you plan to finish the whole specialization, please be informed that the 4th course from the specialization is missing FOR M.ORE THAN 2 YEARS ALREADY! so most probably you will not be able to complete it in order to have the certificate.

Please take into consideration this information if it might influence your decision whether you want to subscribe to the whole specialization or not.

Kind regards.

Initial review:

I liked the course - quite straightforward and well structured. Good for the beginners like me.

By Madina K

Feb 11, 2020

There were a lot of issues like typos in the presentations, more than once there were some moments in the videos that were supposed to be cut out (for instance the lecturer misspoke, went silent and started over or the phone went off very loudly while he was still talking), the lecturer has a very strong accent, which is okay, but the subtitles weren't always of great helps since sometimes they just had the word {inaudible}. This was a huge disappointment to be honest.

By ILYA S

Dec 16, 2017

Lots of redundancies and very little information that goes beyond content that could have been produced after a five minute exercise on Google... This applies to the whole specialization series, not just to the course. I'm glad I audited this course instead of paying for it. This is the least satisfying experience I had on Coursera.

By harry w

Jan 08, 2019

appalling presentation and boring

By Sowmya N

Sep 09, 2020

The trainer explains the concepts so fluently. It is like a story listening. One of the best training. All the concepts covered with clear and crisp manner. Definitely a must for a beginner.

By Shadab S

Jul 15, 2019

By Gaurang R

Jul 29, 2020

It was good informative session. Thanks to Praveen. The only part frustrating was that I could not get grade in the last assignment 3 times, but that's ok. Now I am happy.

By Cshort64 S

Aug 24, 2020

I think this course was quite good. I have been an agile practioner for some time now and it was good reinforcement for what I do in my teams today. I would like to share that I think an additional item should be added to the course and that is the role of Architect. Where does a software architect fit with agile as this is one of the most Sr. roles an IT department has but little to no communication or reading mater was shared by the instructor related to this role. Solution Architects and Enterprise Architects are valid roles, performing vital tasks, but how and where do they fit, IF they fit in Agile. A topic worth discussing.

By RAFAEL L E R

Oct 03, 2018

I liked this course, because I reached my objective, the videos, readings, tests and work assignments were excellent. However, I have the following concern related to work assignments:

I graded 3 students and I was graded by only one student who gave me a low grade therefore, I didn´t reach the minimum so I was failed.

Why didn´t I received 3 grades?

I had to re-review my work without comments, I used only the grades.

Thank you very much for your follow up to this theme.

Rafael

By harshit p

Aug 15, 2020

One of the excellent course filled with only knowledgeable data. The content is less but highly effective, resources provided are great help for a learner. Quizzes between the modules help a lot to fill the gaps and to revise the content. Assignments and peer grading helps learner to gain practical skill along with the different perspective of solving a problem. And Praveen Mittal explains the modules tremendously throughout. :)

By Nehe A

Apr 18, 2020

Great content and challenging peer graded assignments. Videos are informative and explains agile methodologies well. Examples are good and one can relate to it. Another good part of this course is the resources section. I would highly recommend you all to check it out.

Thank you for providing such a wonderful course and sharing your knowledge with us.

By Mission B S

May 12, 2020

This course gave me a lot of insights as to the practicalities in the Software Industry. The tutor, Mr. Mittal was very impressive and articulated his knowledge of the industry practices very well. Gave me a lot of insights into agile software development practices. Thanks Coursera and University of Minnesota for putting up this wonderful course!

By Nishikanth N

Jul 27, 2020

This is my first formal training on Agile Methodology. Although we have used a combination of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies in my recent projects but never used the Agile terminology. The Course content, the quiz at the end of each chapter and the Case Studies were very helpful. Thank you for putting this together.

By Alok R

Sep 07, 2020

It's the best course for Agile software methodology in order to understand each role and responsibility. As already part of a ongoing agile project so easily co-relate with each and every tutorial because It describes the definition of the terms which are widely being used in Agile framework

By Lingxiao H

Oct 16, 2020

The course is not long but very informative and helpful for anyone like me who is trying to get into

software development but has not worked in the field. I learn so much about Agile or specifically Scrum

in this course and learn how to apply this techniques to the real development process.

By Sergio A M

Sep 19, 2020

Excellent course, I'm a complete beginner in this theme but the explanations of the instructor, questionnaires and final two projects helped me a lot to understand every process perfectly, I'm so happy because now I'm able to plan my projects and track the status using Scrum and XP.

By Shashikant P

Aug 02, 2020

Nice course for the beginners who are just step into project manager role or team lead role and wanted to follow agile software development approach. The Entire course is nicely paced and full of content and example based learning even the evaluation criteria is well formed

By Jayesh S

Oct 12, 2020

it is very good learning experience, it is very useful to implement agile methodologies on your project, and in this course they give brief understanding about agile process and methods. so ultimately good course to understanding of agile software developments.

By Khozhylo M

Aug 09, 2019

Great course. I work as a project manager in a grocery company and constantly improve my skills. This course helped me find problems in my projects and told me how to deal with them. I recommend this course to those who are at the beginning of a career.