Back to Anti-Racism I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Anti-Racism I by University of Colorado Boulder

Anti-Racism I is an introduction to the topic of race and racism in the United States. The primary audience for this course is anyone who is interested in learning about race/racism in the US who has never taken a course in critical race or ethnic studies or affiliated fields (indeed, who may not know what the fields of critical race studies or ethnic studies are), who has never read a book about race/racism, or attended any race equity or diversity trainings on the topic of race/racism. In this course you will learn how to: - Use and comprehend contemporary intersectional terminology through a provided glossary - Critically discuss “whiteness” - Recognize the concept of White privilege that all White people have whether they want that privilege or not and to differentiate between White supremacy as a systemic concept vs. White supremacists (who are professional racists like the KKK). - Distinguish between being not racist and being anti-racist - Define systemic and institutional racism - Accept the unequal history of race and racism in the United States that has created racial hierarchies that has disenfranchised Black Americans - Share with others the true foundations of United States’s histories beginning with the acknowledgement of settler colonialism and the rewards that White people have received due to White supremacy and Black oppression. - Talk about race and racism - Explain why phrases like “All Lives Matter” and “Blue Lives Matter” are racist - Recognize that anyone can be anti-racist--it only takes the dedication and decision to be anti-racist, to educate yourself about the history of racism in the US and then to talk in an anti-racist way and to act as an anti-racist...

TL
Oct 30, 2020

I loved this course and would recommend it to anyone, to be honest. I would love to attend a sequel, will definitely stay tuned.

KB
Sep 23, 2020

I found this course to be an excellent starting point for discussion and understanding anti racism. Look forward to part 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Reviews for Anti-Racism I

By catherine m

Sep 17, 2020

I have complete my course but till now I didn't get my certificate.

By Luis C

Oct 8, 2020

Very interesting, great materials, videos, readings. I would totally recommend it

By Teresa L

Oct 31, 2020

By Kathaleen B

Sep 24, 2020

By Tess

Oct 23, 2020

It is a great intro. Thank you!

By Kamala K