Back to Art & Inquiry: Museum Teaching Strategies For Your Classroom

Art & Inquiry: Museum Teaching Strategies For Your Classroom, The Museum of Modern Art

About this Course

Explore how to integrate works of art into your classroom with inquiry-based teaching methods originally developed for in-gallery museum education....

By RP

Aug 10, 2015

Great! this course gives amazing activities and ideas for the classroom, but it also gives you smart strategies for us to connect and evaluate a work of art differently.

By SW

Oct 12, 2015

As with the other MoMA class, I found it very helpful for use with my 9th and 10th grade English classes. Thank you for the insights!

48 Reviews

By Carlos Ignacio Corso Laos

Oct 01, 2018

The course is very interesting and simple enough to make it compatible with daily life. The readings where useful and generally fun. I would only argue that the third week of the course is incredibly short in comparisson to the rest of it, which in my opinion makes the last class too long for a regular MOOC. Aside from that, I think the design of the course was balanced and enjoyable. Would recommend.

By Pilar de Romaña

Oct 01, 2018

Interesting approach to classroom activities, the information given is very useful to expand possibilities in learning and teaching experiences in the classroom.

By Georgia Michael

Aug 29, 2018

An interesting, well organized lesson.

By Anastasia Mishina

Jul 09, 2018

The grading system could meet some enhancements. I'd love to receive course authors feedback on my final assignment, it would be incredibly useful! I also had to wait really long time till my work was graded by other students. Online students could lack an opportunity or willingness to grade their virtual classmates and that can stop someone from getting a certificate. There also can be a situation when there is not enough students enrolled in a session and that could be an obstacle too. Furthermore, course forums seem a bit deserted.But aside from the grading system the course is brilliant! Thank you MoMa!

By Marina Martínez Mattanó

May 23, 2018

I really enjoyed it

By Filomena

May 23, 2018

Thank you very much for that really instructive and inspirational course. I had so much fun developing the final assignment and I am really excited to see if it works in reality. I still have to excercise asking questions spontaneously and beeing more proactive with asking back during these conversations. But I am positive I can learn that soon. Thank you for your hard work and I am excited to start with one of the other MoMA-Moocs soon. :)

By Nora Aranguren Gassis

Mar 20, 2018

Really liked this course. It is very practique and it really helped me in my dairy job with students.

By Eleanna Damigou

Feb 14, 2018

It's a great and inspiring course!

By Melanie Grun