Back to Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life by The University of Edinburgh

Learn about the origin and evolution of life and the search for life beyond the Earth....

EL

Oct 12, 2015

Very interesting and engaging course. There are longer and more in-depth courses if you want them but if you want a concise overview of astrobiology on your own time, then this course is perfect!

MD

Dec 02, 2017

i have studied phisycs in syria and i have finish it after this great course i am realy thinking in master in astronomy or astrobiology master thank you very much for this amzing course :D

1 - 25 of 350 Reviews for Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

By Melih M C

Jan 02, 2019

Thanks for this awesome course.

By Anurup M

Dec 30, 2018

Best ever

By Caryann S

Feb 04, 2019

Great course.

By Malvi P G

Nov 09, 2018

An interesting course with a good explanation of basic concepts. The flow of the course expands the spectrum of thought and understanding of astrobiology and extraterrestrial intelligence. It also allows one to think for oneself if certain implications about aliens are outlandish yet logical or logical yet outlandish.

By Sidhartha S S

Nov 11, 2018

First of all, thank you for such a wonderful course. Special thanks to prof. Cockell for teaching in such an informative and relatable way. After this course my love and fascination for this subject has increased. Let's see how far our civilization goes succeed in finding extra terrestrial intelligence. Once again thanks for these wonderful lectures.

By Michael H

Jan 06, 2019

Very interesting!!! Thank you professor :)

By Carlos A B G

Jan 07, 2019

Realmente es un curso que te introduce perfectamente en la cultura científico y en lo personal me ha motivado a continuar en el mundo de la Astrobiología para entender de una mejor manera nuestro universo.

By Christos G

Jan 22, 2019

Quizes are easy if you have some knowledge about SETI. Some videos are extremely interesting and mind-broadening! The rest will cause you at least to start wondering...

By Gaeun K

Feb 08, 2019

Excellent course for learning basic concepts of Astrobiology. It covers various topics including microbiology, history, and social implications of finding extraterrestrial intelligence.

By Kamille M L

Feb 13, 2019

This course summarizes the study of astrobiology in very direct and clear lectures. Every topic relevant to the study is mentioned, including many historic events and discoveries. As someone who has been interested in astrobiology and has been exposed to this new field of study by collaborating in outreach with astrobiologists like Dr. Abel Mendez in Puerto Rico, this course provides a brief compendium and an open invitation to get involved. I look forward to more ways of learning astrobiology online.

By James G

Feb 21, 2019

Very good and interesting course, serving as perfect introduction to Astrobiology,

By Akshaya

Mar 03, 2019

this course gave a beutiful insight about astrobiolgy. in fact everything, i came across from this were fascinating

By Amy K

Mar 06, 2019

Quite challenging but interesting enough to persist with

By Nikitha s

Dec 15, 2018

Some people look at the sky using nothing more than their eyes, I am one among them. I was always been fond of astronomy, looking same sky every day is my hobby. This course is one of the most exciting course that I had completed in coursera which explains us about most interesting questions in astrobiology. At the end of this course I had a better idea about why we're searching for life on other planets

By Alexandre G B

Aug 21, 2018

A lot of useful information that opens one mind to a new world of possibilities.

By Stephen D

Sep 07, 2018

Excellent. It`s very exciting to learn more about my favourite subject. The course is very good to follow but you must do your studying to achieve your pass on the examinations. I recommend it to anyone who likes all the sciences.

By Julian A C A

Sep 10, 2018

The course gives you the right skills for you to be able to understand both biological and geological concepts, and this is the key for a scientist that want to research in astrobiology.

Thanks to this course I have finished successfully my master thesis in astrobiology

By Jorge P L

Oct 18, 2018

It's amazing how we are improving on the search for extraterrestrial life, it's also pretty interesting how this set of lectures introduces you to this incredible world.

I only say thanks for being so nice and accurate with the explanations. See ya'

By laksh j

Aug 19, 2018

this course is really very nice and gives you the basic information about the term "LIFE". The work of Professor Charles is really nice and appreciable

By Karen D

Sep 11, 2018

This course was extremely helpful and exciting for an aspiring astrobiologist like myself.

The instructor explained everything very clearly and was very direct.

My favorite part was when he talked about the possibility of life in our solar system, such as on Europa and Titan.

He made learning about astrobiology exciting and fun. I was never bored.

By Roman K

Jan 22, 2016

Very interesting and compact intro to astrobiology. Only meat, excellent way to start with Astrobiology. I want to thank prof. Charles Cockell for his work.

By Sheridan

Jan 20, 2016

Brilliant, really interesting course, with an enthusiastic and clear lecturr.

By Zusi E G P

Jul 05, 2017

It is an excellent course and I am grateful to learn with all of you

By Santiago W F G

Nov 05, 2017

I am waiting for a continuation... Thank you for the opportunity of knowing a little bit of the issues and problematics regarding to the astrobiological studies.

By Laura C

May 21, 2017

It was super interesting! Hope Professor Cockell will put together more classes!