Back to Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life

Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life, The University of Edinburgh

About this Course

Learn about the origin and evolution of life and the search for life beyond the Earth....

By EL

Oct 12, 2015

Very interesting and engaging course. There are longer and more in-depth courses if you want them but if you want a concise overview of astrobiology on your own time, then this course is perfect!

By AH

Jan 18, 2016

Great course, Charles does a great job teaching the course! opens up the possibilities of the origins of life and other possible life in our solar system and universe. thanks to Coursera.

298 Reviews

By Nikitha s

Dec 15, 2018

Some people look at the sky using nothing more than their eyes, I am one among them. I was always been fond of astronomy, looking same sky every day is my hobby. This course is one of the most exciting course that I had completed in coursera which explains us about most interesting questions in astrobiology. At the end of this course I had a better idea about why we're searching for life on other planets

By David Pardo Pardilla

Nov 25, 2018

It is interesting

By srivatsava

Nov 18, 2018

Excellent Course by The University Of Edinburgh. But some of Information Should be Updated based on current Data Like No.of Exoplanets etc.

By Sathesh Raj V Periasamey

Nov 12, 2018

It has been an exciting journey completing this course.

By Muhammad Tayyab Mujahid

Nov 12, 2018

USELESS COURSE..........

THERE IS JUST 1-2 MCQS IN QUIZ FROM VIDEO LECTURES...ALL OTHER ARE BASED UPON ADVANCED BIOLOGICAL INFORMATION .........NOTHING IN THIS COURSE TO LEARN..........TIME WASTING..

By Sidhartha Sankar Sahoo

Nov 11, 2018

First of all, thank you for such a wonderful course. Special thanks to prof. Cockell for teaching in such an informative and relatable way. After this course my love and fascination for this subject has increased. Let's see how far our civilization goes succeed in finding extra terrestrial intelligence. Once again thanks for these wonderful lectures.

By Neha Sai Avula

Nov 11, 2018

This was a very informative course and it widened my field of thinking and knowledge. I was amused by the vast amounts of wonders that this Universe has to offer. I thank the Professor for this.

By John Pearce

Nov 10, 2018

A good introduction. Now where is the follow up?

By Malvi P Golwala

Nov 09, 2018

An interesting course with a good explanation of basic concepts. The flow of the course expands the spectrum of thought and understanding of astrobiology and extraterrestrial intelligence. It also allows one to think for oneself if certain implications about aliens are outlandish yet logical or logical yet outlandish.

By Nicholas Kontis

Nov 05, 2018

The Astrobiology course is a brilliant MOOC which briefly explains the basic principles of astrobiology but also some extremely interesting facts in this field. The course has a nice and steady flow which is easy to follow and the deadlines are flexible and easy to manage. Overall, I really enjoyed spending my time on this course. It was the perfect way to learn more on this field. Astrobiology rocks!!.