Back to Automating Real-World Tasks with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Automating Real-World Tasks with Python by Google

In the final course, we'll tie together the concepts that you’ve learned up until now. You'll tackle real-world scenarios in Qwiklabs that will challenge you to use multiple skills at once. First, we'll take a closer look at how to use external Python modules to extend your code's capabilities, and spend some time learning how to use documentation to learn a new module. For example, we'll use the Python Image Library (PIL) to create and modify images. We'll show you some simple examples of how to perform common tasks in the course material, but it will be up to you to explore the module documentation to figure out how to solve specific problems. Next, we'll show you how to communicate with the world outside of your code! You'll use data serialization to turn in-memory objects into messages that can be sent to other programs. Your program will send messages across the network to Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) offered by other programs. For those times when your code needs to talk to a person instead of a program, you'll also learn to send email messages. At the end of this course, you’ll be able to take a description of a problem and use your skills to create a solution -- just like you would on the job. In your final capstone project, you'll be given a description of what your customer needs, and it will be up to you to create a program to do it!...

RP

Mar 25, 2020

To me, this is the best course in the specialization. It helps you realize how far you've gotten from just barely learning Python and it also has the best labs where you can practice your skills.

HG

1 - 25 of 104 Reviews for Automating Real-World Tasks with Python

By Paul D N

Mar 31, 2020

Course was mostly good. The Certificate is a shame though. How is the big Google not able to create a decently formatted final certificate?

By Michail K

Apr 20, 2020

The material is text only and far from sufficient.

Topic choice is strange.

First three labs are too easy, last one - too long and intense. Makes you struggle with the explanation and criteria< not the actual techniques. Grading is not transparent (ex. 4 in week 4).

And in the end, the Certificate is broken! Extremely disappointing. Nice course series, but the last one breaks the impression. Very unprofessional.

By Thiago F N

Mar 30, 2020

The labs were awful, no instructor, no videos. There was no one to help you with your lab problems and on top of that when you get the specialization certificate it is not properly formatted.

By Canaan F

Apr 19, 2020

The Capstone policies leave something to be desired, but I suppose that's the methodology to raise the courses' credibility. I enjoyed these projects thoroughly, and this format (reading up and completing full project 'from scratch') was preferable to the pure video lectures with minimal quizzing and walk-through labs. Overall great specialization looking forward to putting my new skills to use!

By JOSEPH H

Apr 12, 2020

An excellent course offered by google .Anyone who really interested to learn something about python and automation must enrol this course.But the certificate after learning this course is not in a proper format the only drawback is that .I hope that google will take some steps to provide the certificate in a valid format.

By Godswill C A

Jun 02, 2020

This course exposed to me to how much there is out there in the world of I.T. and, how much one can get done with technologies and tools tools that are already in place. The instructors are great, learnt a lot from them, including good work ethics and even great life principles.

By Ivan L

Apr 18, 2020

Hate linux

By Neal D D

Apr 02, 2020

This course has great value just for boosting my confidence in Python as a tool on my tool belt.

Overall, it's a solid capstone for the certificate. I believe this course is what gives the certificate its value. The lack of overt hand-holding ensures that those that pass actually understand the material. I personally prefer this style of teaching because I learn by doing and being forced to think about what I'm doing. Students aren't bereft of guidance, however, as each weekly lab prepares you for the final lab.

As long as you're preparing for the labs by writing the scripts on your own beforehand, you'll do great.

By Timur U

It was an interesting, amazing, and useful set of courses. Through using these courses, I managed to obtain a unique set of skills such as automating real-world tasks, troubleshooting and debugging techniques and configuration management, and so on. Thank you very much for the best practice for the IT administrative role. Thank all staff who was involved in this essential course development. Thank all and personally, Christina, Roger, Kenny, Amanda, and Phelan. All the best for Your Professional Career.

By Bright I M

Mar 21, 2020

This course has really helped me seen System Administration and IT Technical Support from in a whole new light. When I started I thought it was going to be easy but as I progressed I realised it was not the ease but the amount of work and thinking that goes into delivering cutting edge solutions. I am confident with all the skills I have acquired in this course and would keep my fingers crossed for more exciting courses from Google and awesome Googlers.

By Ilya G M

Apr 04, 2020

It was an amazing experience, I've made the last module in a three days sprint and I really liked that! Thanks for covering so many topics in a single course: troubleshooting, time management, OS basics, projects version control, automation and, of course, python programming. I would say I pretty familiar with some of these topics, but it is always good to refresh knowledge. Incredible! Thanks a lot for this course!

By Ritik K

Jul 08, 2020

I still can't believe that i can really do these things.. I wonder hoe i just started with just a little knowledge and thinking whether it is correct decision or not but now i will say i make aright decision to enroll for this course. They are just awesome not only in their work but also in teaching people...

By Angel G D

Apr 10, 2020

This was incredibly rewarding, I used everything included GitHub to be able to move all my scripts to a different session when the time of my first lab expired since the time was not enough for me. Almost every concept in the course was used in this last module

By Kalpesh S

Jul 27, 2020

This course took a lot of time to understand and update the deliverables. This course deals with the Real World problems of Automating with the help of Python. I am delightfully thankful to my instructors at google for this wonderful opportunity.

By Richard J P

Mar 25, 2020

By Harshit G

By Asmit V

Jul 08, 2020

The best course I have seen till now. The practicals and contents were awesome. I learned many new things with this course by applying different modules of Python.

By Alexandru S

Jul 13, 2020

The perfect "ending" for very good courses! It takes everything you have learned in the first 3 courses and makes you apply the knowledge to real world problems!

By MD S A

May 03, 2020

This is perfect course for beginner of python. It covers lots of exercises and labs that gives you enough confident to start working with python.

By Félix G

Aug 06, 2020

Excellent course!, I learned a lot, I can say it is between the best courses I have taken. So you, the human reading this, take it! hahaha

By Shota S

Apr 23, 2020

By Meet V P

Jul 09, 2020

Course is just awesome ,You really like it,and these part of course is fully practical and helpful for implementation of python

By Sament P

Apr 27, 2020

Very enjoyable course, labs and exercises gets you thinking. Thank you all for the effort you have put into this course! :)

By Antony J

Aug 08, 2020

Fantastic capstone project! Really stretched myself doing this and very grateful to the curriculum designers at Google.

By Jayaram R

Apr 19, 2020

This course was pretty useful . But please provide us with better formatted certificate.

Otherwise ,it's useless.