Back to Discover Best Practice Farming for a Sustainable 2050

Discover Best Practice Farming for a Sustainable 2050, University of Western Australia

About this Course

The Discover Best Practice Farming for a Sustainable 2050 Course is based on a clear vision: imagine best practice farming for 2050, start to implement these strategies now, all the while making sure it will still be profitable. At UWA we're doing just that with the Future Farm 2050 Project, set on a mixed-enterprise farm in Western Australia and we want you to learn how it can be done in your part of the world. Although this course is based on agriculture, it's not only about farming. It is a multi-disciplinary course that addresses a wide range of issues confronting the industry, including rural communities, rural infrastructure and conservation of biodiversity in agriculture. By completing this course you will understand that feeding and clothing the planet requires a multi-disciplinary approach and upon completion you will be able to explain best practices of sustainable farming and apply them in new contexts....

By AP

Mar 18, 2019

Thank you for giving me a vision of what agriculture will (or should) look like in 2050. Content, presentation and curriculum are fantastic. Thank you!

By JR

Jan 11, 2018

Different subjects related to sustainable farming are well presented highlighting many interesting aspects in general and illustrated by local examples

25 Reviews

By Shannon Schrauwen

Mar 28, 2019

Very thorough and interesting course.

Learnt a lot, particularly on how to put the theory into practise.

By Alfonso Mateo Penas

Mar 18, 2019

By jshan465

Mar 10, 2019

Great overview of what we need to know about the agriculuture in geneal and also moving forward into a sustainable 2050.

By ANIL KUMAR KUMMARI

Mar 05, 2019

ZENITH OF THE FUTURE

By Anja Johnsen

Jan 07, 2019

This was a fantastic course to take!

By AMADOU Bouraima

Jan 04, 2019

A practical approach of producing more food while preserving the planet at the same time

By Yusuf Tokdemir

Nov 15, 2018

This is an excellent course. I highly recommend. I have improved my knowledge of agriculture and farming in this course. I have worked in my family agribusiness more than 20 years. We used shrubs to feed our cattle and sheep in winter times when we had dry summers. I am a senior agrifood consultant and I will use this valuable information in my agrifood consulting business (www.agrofoodconsulting.com) . Thank you, Prof. Graeme Martin, his colleagues and University of Western Australia.

By Carl Raccani

Oct 02, 2018

Localised context but with very good set of "in principle" lessons that can be extrapolated to other environments with a little effort. Great to the

By MUHAMMED ASSAF

Sep 23, 2018

perfect

By Oleksandr Zhuravel

Sep 02, 2018

very interesting and practical course. strongly recomend to all farmers and people who deal with agriculture and climate change