Back to Discover Best Practice Farming for a Sustainable 2050

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Discover Best Practice Farming for a Sustainable 2050 by University of Western Australia

The Discover Best Practice Farming for a Sustainable 2050 Course is based on a clear vision: imagine best practice farming for 2050, start to implement these strategies now, all the while making sure it will still be profitable. At UWA we're doing just that with the Future Farm 2050 Project, set on a mixed-enterprise farm in Western Australia and we want you to learn how it can be done in your part of the world. Although this course is based on agriculture, it's not only about farming. It is a multi-disciplinary course that addresses a wide range of issues confronting the industry, including rural communities, rural infrastructure and conservation of biodiversity in agriculture. By completing this course you will understand that feeding and clothing the planet requires a multi-disciplinary approach and upon completion you will be able to explain best practices of sustainable farming and apply them in new contexts....

BO
Oct 9, 2019

Friendly class for new college students. Easy to follow lectures and important materials makes the class great. I would love to see the farm in person, or make a small scale one on my own property.

KR
Dec 18, 2020

It was a little hard for me, because it is in English.. especially for some quizzes.. But Its very useful course to take, with very helpful information and ideas.\n\nThanks for this opportunity ♡

26 - 50 of 141 Reviews for Discover Best Practice Farming for a Sustainable 2050

By Fernando C C

Sep 25, 2020

I learned how to provide water regardless of external conditions, how important is to provide real food to animals, and also a space with trees and bushes. Architect taught how important is to build prefab homes in the country. I also learned that food demand is rapidly increasing worldwide.

By Ndinao I

Nov 15, 2019

Excellent overview of sustainable practices for future farming. I recommend this course to everyone that has a general interest in farming or students doing a bachelors degree in Agriculture. Course content is easy to understand the videos are interesting and the quizzes are lots of fun.

By Kevin H

Apr 7, 2020

A very interesting approach in general.

I'm a bit sceptical thus on the use of hormones, herbicides. I think it would have been useful to explain farther this aspect as it seems very controversial and arguable.

Thank you very much, by the way, I enjoyed and learned very much the course

By Nicolás F Z R

Jul 21, 2020

Excelente contenido, con la profundidad justa para hacerlo fácilmente comprensible pero brindando fundamentos suficientes como para poder realizar análisis similares que lleven a la resolución de las problemáticas que enfrenta actualmente la agricultura a gran escala.

By Wendy P

Jan 13, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed the learning opportunity and its approach to a sustainable farming future. Relevant and practical information. Highly recommended and thanks to Professor Martin and his colleagues involved in developing both Ridgefield and the course

By Ashish S

Jun 13, 2020

This course has enhanced my knowledge and helped me to understand the challenges and reality of farming. I have learnt a lot from this course and it has even changed my perspective on agriculture. The classes were detailed, oriented and interesting.

By Simon W

Jan 3, 2021

The most interesting course I have ever taken, every person in the agricultural sector should take it. It is as well interesting for any sector because sustainability could only be achieved if we all worked as one ecosystem.

By ARDE A P P

Jun 23, 2020

Thanks a lot to UWA for conducting such a beautiful course. I have learned a lot, various aspects of agriculture. I have a request can these videos made available to us through email so we can use it for further reference.

By Haymanti S

Jan 8, 2018

I learnt a great deal not just about Australian farming but also in a very global perspective. It gives so much hope and strive to find local solutions to global problems. The journey of sustainable world has only begun.

By ZOHRAN A

Jan 24, 2021

A great course which will give you a great understanding of the aspect of future farming. Its a must for those who want to work in the field of agriculture especially in sustainable agriculture.

By Katherine r

Dec 19, 2020

Thanks for this opportunity ♡

By Vitalii S

Feb 17, 2021

Good knowledge for understanding agriculture and biodiversity. Moreover, the course gives an explanation about rural life and problems that people face with. Highly recommended!

By Sreevathsava R

Oct 4, 2020

The Pedagogy is really simple and easy to follow. The information and knowledge from the course is very insightful and look forward to pursuing further courses

By Carl R

Oct 2, 2018

Localised context but with very good set of "in principle" lessons that can be extrapolated to other environments with a little effort. Great to the

By Gudrun S

Nov 19, 2020

The course shows the way agriculture should go. We are very far from it in Europe. But I hope to be able to implement some of it in Kenya. Thanks.

By Marcelo C R

Feb 3, 2020

Curso muito bom e interessante, atual com os grandes desafios da humanidade, principalmente depois do grande incendio na Australia de 2019/2020

By Jacqueline H

Sep 21, 2020

Concise, informative and relevant. Really enjoyed the course and am looking forward to exploring some of the contents further in my learning.

By JOHN Q

Nov 16, 2017

WHAT AN INTERESTING AND GREAT COURSE! I WISH I HAD LEARNED A LOT OF THIS STUFF YEARS AGO. IT ALL MAKES SUCH GREAT SENSE. THANKS SO MUCH!

By Charul

Sep 15, 2019

Must for agriculture graduates at the time when there is need of sustainable agriculture and also maintain production in agriculture.

By Marta K

Jun 5, 2020

I appreciate how the concepts can be applied globally (considering and adapting to varied conditions around the world, of course).

By Shwetank S

Apr 17, 2020

very good course i achieved more knowledge by this course o i heartly pay thanks to coursera and Western Australiaof University.

By Oleksandr Z

Sep 2, 2018

very interesting and practical course. strongly recomend to all farmers and people who deal with agriculture and climate change

By Deelip r D

Dec 2, 2020

very useful for the students and farmers with good perspectives related to crop improvement and sustainable crop development.

By Chantal M

I enjoyed the course and loved the details of each topic plus extra content to read.

It was amazing and very informative.

By Grant

Mar 10, 2019

Great overview of what we need to know about the agriculuture in geneal and also moving forward into a sustainable 2050.