Back to Biomedical Visualisation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Biomedical Visualisation by University of Glasgow

Visualisation is a rapidly progressive specialty in academia, research and industry, and becoming the future of science. With the advancement of digital technologies and their applications, biomedical visualisation is an evolving and popular field. With new techniques and technologies to image, process and analyse data related to the human body, and its biological processes, it is at the forefront of the digital revolution. Why not view our course trailer video. Copy and paste this link into your browser https://youtu.be/vB_QcIVSiTs By the end of this course, you will be able to: Define and describe anatomical terminology related to the human body. Describe the various body systems, what comprises them, and how they relate to function. Create your own 3D modelling and animations using industry standard, open-source software (Blender). Analyse various visualisation techniques and methods, and be able to apply them to areas of biomedical science. This course is the first of its kind on Coursera. It explores the structure and function of the human body including terminology used. It showcases visualisation techniques available using technology to image and display data related to the body and biological processes.. It also provides training in the creation of animations, and examines the applicability of different types of reality. You will learn from experts in these fields and with the knowledge you will gain from this course, be able to evaluate and apply how best to use visualisation in your own discipline. No prior experience is necessary but should be able to learn at an intermediate level....

AM
Jul 21, 2020

Biomedical Visualisation course was very helpful towards my recent bachelors degree. It really taught me VR, Blender software and many more skills which are important to Biomedical Engineering.

AJ
Jun 11, 2020

THIS COURSE IS SO MUCH INFORMATIVE .IT GIVES THE FULFILLEMENT AND SATISFACTION IN 3D MODELLING AND ANIMATION.THE LIGHT ON AUGUMENTED AND VIRTUAL REALITY MAKE ME MOTIVATED TO LEARN FURTHER.

26 - 50 of 60 Reviews for Biomedical Visualisation

By Jokubas L

Jun 10, 2020

Definitely a course worth taking since this field of study is still not very mainstream. The videos/podcasts were very engaging and interesting. Perhaps this course is a little bit reading-heavy I'd say. All in all, it made me consider doing a medical visualization Master's degree! Thank you.

By Neti R

Jun 7, 2020

It was a wonderful experience. Although I joined a bit late, but the course is so designed that I did put extra time to complete the course in the stpulated time. Nice course, would like to have more such courses soon...

By Aura M F P

Excellent course. Only one video did not like me because the image on it was not enough clear to allow the visualization for following the steps in blender. But the topic and resources were very interesting.

By Ehushubhamkishoreshaw

Jul 2, 2020

course is beautiful but there is a lot of reading that is why 1 star less rest course is best for biomedical engineers and other branches too but specially for biomedical engineering i suggest this cource

By s m

It is very useful for me . It helps me to understand the Future technology thank you University of Glasgow . Thank u so much.i am happy for your work of teaching

By HARRY C

May 8, 2020

A great introductory course covering a wide variety of 3D technologies. I have learnt a lot and will apply this new knowledge in my own work.

By Shaivee T

Jul 10, 2020

It was very great experience learning biomedical visualization. I would like to complete much courses on related topics. Thank you .

By Benezer L N

Apr 20, 2021

The best course ever. Big thanks to Paul Rea, Professor

College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, Amy Webster

School of Life Sciences, University of Glasgow. Thanks a lot to Mr David Collins, Miss Jenny Crow, Dr Craig Daly, Mr Nigel Hutchins, Dr Claudia Krebs. Professor Niall MacFarlane, Dr Neil McDonnell, Dr Matthieu Poyade, Catherine MacRobbie.

By Ashlesha M

Jul 22, 2020

By KANAGARATHINAM V D M S

Feb 27, 2021

I learnt something new that would be useful for my future everything was clear and precise. The lessons were all very interesting and showed me new parts of life.

By Luz A M C

Feb 25, 2021

It gives you very useful insights about what can be done with the different realities. And actually, I now have a few ideas to work on thanks to that.

By Joshua M N Q

Feb 4, 2021

The course gives comprehensive discussions about the applications of digital technology in the industry, specifically in the health/life sciences.

By Max A S

Apr 5, 2021

Incredibly informative course, and a really powerful and unique introduction to Blender.

By GAYATHRI R (

Sep 24, 2020

Biomedical visualisation course is very interesting and informative sessions.

By Diana D C

Mar 1, 2021

It was a really interesting course. I learned a lot about medical field.

By Muthu P

Aug 30, 2020

good course to improve our skills

By Sherisse M F

Sep 18, 2020

Learned a lot from this course!

By Induja P V

Oct 25, 2020

Danke!

By Eduardo Q

Oct 13, 2020

I finished the course and I can say I am glad I took it. I'll make a quick summarize of my impressions. Hope they are useful for instructors and future students:

Week 1 is a fast overview of anatomical terminology, a little bit of general physiology and a little bit of history. It was good to refresh some concepts I had forgotten.

Week 2 is where they talk about 3D- modelling softwares and terminology and is when you are taught to use Blender. I liked the videos (though one of them appeared small on screen). They were very well explained. However, as they say, they are only introductory. We go straight to the point to create the femur model. Anyway, the articles were awesome and informative.

Week 3 and 4 are specifcally about VR,MR,AR and, in general, ER. You learn a lot about the terminology used in the field, the vast amount of applications there are, the institutions, companies and projects that have been developing such incredible technologies, biomedical-related ER technology and its limitations, advantages, disadvantages, challenges, etc. You will end up with a very valuable idea of the state of the art in these fields.

So, summarizing, I finished with a much clearer idea of the state of the art of ER in biomedical areas, which is extraodinary. The most valuable things for me were the informative and interesting articles shared and the small introduction to Blender software, but mostly the articles. The video lectures are also amazing. Short (except one of them) but concise and very interesting.

What I didn't like was that you are not taught to do a simple animation in Blender. I thought it was going to be there in week 2, but it wasn't. That's the only thing that let me down a little. But only a little. The rest of the course was so enriching.

TO THE INSTRUCTORS:

I would love to see the Master in coursera, or at least a much more extended course. I would buy it immediately. So, I encourage you to consider making an online version of the master, or a specialization. I know the master is unique in the world, and therefore so special, but please consider this.

Thanks for the small window you open for us to see and explore the paradise that's there outside. I now know what to keep studying: extended realities for visualization and interaction. I feel more motivated to do it. I am amazed for the things we can create. This is a passionate field you helped me discover.

By Soham S

Jun 30, 2020

Certain readings were too exhaustive and the quizzes were very use case specific. The course could've been improved by a bit more of application development rather than just reading about the advancements happening. It could also have a slightly global scope and give us more understanding og global research rather than be restricted to the University of Glasgow only

By Rutuja C

Feb 27, 2021

Excellent course! Gives thorough insights into the field of biomedical visualization. The theory and references were precisely collated in each section. However, the section on blender basics could have been in a bit more detail.