Back to Mathematical Biostatistics Boot Camp 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematical Biostatistics Boot Camp 1 by Johns Hopkins University

This class presents the fundamental probability and statistical concepts used in elementary data analysis. It will be taught at an introductory level for students with junior or senior college-level mathematical training including a working knowledge of calculus. A small amount of linear algebra and programming are useful for the class, but not required....

DH

Jun 05, 2017

I knew a lot about probability before starting this course, but I didn't know much of anything about frequentist statistics. This course helped me understand some tricky concepts.

PB

Jan 12, 2016

Very concise, well-presented course. This was my second time taking it as a refresher. Prof. Caffo does a great job presenting the materials. However, prepare to be challenged.

26 - 50 of 56 Reviews for Mathematical Biostatistics Boot Camp 1

By Aaron B

Jul 03, 2017

A solid course on some of the fundamental principles of statistics and probability.

By Katarzyna M P

Dec 13, 2016

Nice course giving strong mathematical basis for statistics

By Do H L

Jul 02, 2016

This course should be part of the Data Science specialization. Actually, you can supplement the Statistical Inference course with these two Boot camp courses really well!

A great revision of statistics, very rigorous and thorough cover of all distributions and hypothesis tests.

By Rakshanya S

Oct 26, 2017

Very useful course. Absolutely enjoyed learning .

By Bizovi M

Dec 25, 2017

A very rare course which approaches introductory statistics rigorously. The stat courses I had at university introduced all these concepts without any justification, so I enjoyed the critical approach used here.

By 王彭越

Sep 18, 2017

very interesting and able to follow!

By Julian R S

Nov 16, 2017

Great course which covers many aspects of statistics.

By Le B Y

Apr 23, 2019

Very good course.

By Joseph V M

Jul 18, 2019

This course was informative. The strongest aspect of the course were the exercises; they were challenging, requiring me to think about the material and apply the material in a way that was not necessarily demonstrated in the lectures. I would have preferred more exercises, in fact.

By Ahmed E

Aug 24, 2018

Content is very good but please make it more MOOC friendly. More diagrams and animations to help visualize concepts would be useful. Also try to give more layman explanations for concepts getting through stats jargon was sometimes a struggle. Overall a pleasing course though!

By Nathan B

Jan 18, 2016

I enjoyed the course. I wish there was perhaps a little more evaluation along the way (maybe occasional in-lecture questions), but otherwise very nice.

By Marcus ( L

Nov 27, 2015

I wish this Johns Hopkins course is more interactive. Like the Ohio State Calculus One class.

By Yang G

Mar 09, 2016

did not find too much about the bio part

By Harro F A C

Jan 04, 2016

Good course, needs updating, since it was a first generation course. Worth taking, but make sure to review a bit of Calculus, especially integration.

By K J

Jun 01, 2017

Overall good lectures and good practice material. Certainly not an introductory stat course - requires working knowledge of calculus and basic biostats.

By Jiaye L

Aug 26, 2016

I think the process of the class is a bit too fast and it is hard for beginners to catch up

By 竹攸

Apr 07, 2018

Hopefully It can be more related to Bios, Yet it's a amazing course for stat.

By Peter W

May 04, 2016

Advanced level academic style statistics course. I liked the mathematical style of the course, which also brings me to the only one critics I have. The course is lacking a bit intuitive explanations. Otherwise, totally recommendable.

By Nevedha R

Jun 01, 2016

Great course

By Marco C

Aug 31, 2017

The content is in-depth and the instructor is knowledgeable, but the quiz demands a quite wide knowledge base and does not provide feedback.

By Alona B

Dec 04, 2015

Thank you very much for your course. It is clear and to the point.

But it was very difficult to perceive a video-lectures of 30 minutes.

By Usman B

Nov 08, 2015

It's a really good, well-paced course.

By Zixiao L

May 16, 2019

This course taught me a lot on statistics, but the courseware is a little boring for me. I think the courseware will be better if it becomes more vivid. Overall it is a very good course and I get a lot of expected knowledge.

By shahar a

Jan 31, 2016

The material and presentation are at the highest level, but the course is lacking real life examples, and contexts.

By Chrys

Jul 11, 2017

I learned a lot in the course. I'm not sure that Dr Caffo is the best explainer ever, and there could be more worked examples. Or maybe extra quizzes?