Back to Mathematical Biostatistics Boot Camp 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematical Biostatistics Boot Camp 1 by Johns Hopkins University

This class presents the fundamental probability and statistical concepts used in elementary data analysis. It will be taught at an introductory level for students with junior or senior college-level mathematical training including a working knowledge of calculus. A small amount of linear algebra and programming are useful for the class, but not required....

DH
Jun 4, 2017

I knew a lot about probability before starting this course, but I didn't know much of anything about frequentist statistics. This course helped me understand some tricky concepts.

PB
Jan 11, 2016

Very concise, well-presented course. This was my second time taking it as a refresher. Prof. Caffo does a great job presenting the materials. However, prepare to be challenged.

51 - 67 of 67 Reviews for Mathematical Biostatistics Boot Camp 1

By Peter W

May 4, 2016

Advanced level academic style statistics course. I liked the mathematical style of the course, which also brings me to the only one critics I have. The course is lacking a bit intuitive explanations. Otherwise, totally recommendable.

By Zixiao L

May 15, 2019

This course taught me a lot on statistics, but the courseware is a little boring for me. I think the courseware will be better if it becomes more vivid. Overall it is a very good course and I get a lot of expected knowledge.

By K J

May 31, 2017

Overall good lectures and good practice material. Certainly not an introductory stat course - requires working knowledge of calculus and basic biostats.

By Nathan B

Jan 18, 2016

I enjoyed the course. I wish there was perhaps a little more evaluation along the way (maybe occasional in-lecture questions), but otherwise very nice.

By Harro F A C

Jan 4, 2016

Good course, needs updating, since it was a first generation course. Worth taking, but make sure to review a bit of Calculus, especially integration.

By Marco C

Aug 31, 2017

The content is in-depth and the instructor is knowledgeable, but the quiz demands a quite wide knowledge base and does not provide feedback.

By Alona B

Dec 4, 2015

Thank you very much for your course. It is clear and to the point.

But it was very difficult to perceive a video-lectures of 30 minutes.

By Marcus ( L

Nov 27, 2015

I wish this Johns Hopkins course is more interactive. Like the Ohio State Calculus One class.

By Jiaye L

Aug 26, 2016

I think the process of the class is a bit too fast and it is hard for beginners to catch up

By 竹攸

Apr 7, 2018

Hopefully It can be more related to Bios, Yet it's a amazing course for stat.

By Ginny L

Jan 26, 2020

I wish they can release answers for the exams

By Yang G

Mar 9, 2016

did not find too much about the bio part

By Usman B

Nov 8, 2015

It's a really good, well-paced course.

By Nevedha R

Jun 1, 2016

Great course

By Juliette G

Sep 16, 2020

notations are not accurate, for example

log is NOT ln

Sometimes brackets are missing and that changes completely the result.

Maths is about rigour and I see little rigour in this course.

I also regret that so few proofs are given

By shahar a

Jan 31, 2016

The material and presentation are at the highest level, but the course is lacking real life examples, and contexts.

By Erika T O

Mar 7, 2016

I need to have a class. I really think this course could hel me a lot.