Back to Introduction to Breast Cancer

Introduction to Breast Cancer, Yale University

About this Course

Welcome to an Introduction to Breast Cancer! In this course, we’ll learn a bit about the leading cause of cancer in women worldwide – from the basic biology of the disease, to risk factors and prevention, to treatment modalities to survivorship. We’ll talk to leading experts, explore some of the milestone studies that have pushed this field forward, and have interactive discussions on discussion boards and social media. You’ll even have an opportunity to let us know what topics you want to cover on tweetchats, so we can try to make the content fit your interests. There is something in this course for everyone – if you’re a breast cancer survivor or the friend/family member of someone with this disease, this course will help you to better understand this disease, and give you ideas for questions you may want to ask your doctor. Maybe you’re a healthcare provider or studying to be the same, this course is a great refresher on where the state of the science is. If you’re a healthcare administrator wondering about how the interdisciplinary components of breast cancer care fit together, or an entrepreneur thinking about unmet needs in this space, or someone in public health interested in prevention, this course is also for you! Are you ready to learn a lot, and have some fun while we’re at it? If so, I hope you’ll join us! Let’s get started!!!...

By KT

Jul 16, 2017

Dr. Chagpar is fantastic . the way she presented the information made it enjoyable and easy to be understood. the course material is very valuable and cover most of the topics about Breast cancer.

By LT

May 18, 2016

Very informative. Professor is such an expert in her field. HIghly recommend for those who are patients, whose friends, family are patients so that they know better about what they are facing.

107 Reviews

By Efstathiou George

Jan 14, 2019

This is a great course for anyone who wishes to get a broad spectrum of information on breast cancer, which covers all the clinical, genetic and therapeutic topics in the management of breast cancer patients. What makes the course perfect, is Dr Anees Chagpar's enthusiasm and her ability to explain every single detail in a well-structured and engaging way. Totally recommended for clinicians, health care providers, counsellors, patients and their families, or anyone else who want to have a good introduction to breast cancer.

By Luis Gabriel Parra Lara

Dec 13, 2018

An excellent experience to learn about breast cancer

By Bautina Evgeniya

Nov 26, 2018

Great course. I learned that we still can't treat cancer.

By Khosrow Zoughi

Nov 07, 2018

She is amazing.

By Michelle Harris

Aug 16, 2018

Excellent!

By Zainab Ahmed-Sultan

Jul 29, 2018

This has taught me about the leading cause of cancer in women worldwide – from the basic biology of the disease, to risk factors and prevention, to treatment modalities to survivorship. This experience helped me develop my intrinsic motivation and examined how I cope with the challenge of adapting to new circumstances. Thank you!

By fatemeh hosseiny

Jul 19, 2018

Good n full of challenge !

By lej799

Jul 10, 2018

Great course!

By Neha Suresh

Jul 04, 2018

A great introductory course with ample information for beginners.

By Gerda Schmidt

Jun 29, 2018

This was a very good planned course and I learnt a lot. I could choose my speed as well.