Back to Introduction to Breast Cancer

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Breast Cancer by Yale University

Welcome to an Introduction to Breast Cancer! In this course, we’ll learn a bit about the leading cause of cancer in women worldwide – from the basic biology of the disease, to risk factors and prevention, to treatment modalities to survivorship. We’ll talk to leading experts, explore some of the milestone studies that have pushed this field forward, and have interactive discussions on discussion boards and social media. You’ll even have an opportunity to let us know what topics you want to cover on tweetchats, so we can try to make the content fit your interests. There is something in this course for everyone – if you’re a breast cancer survivor or the friend/family member of someone with this disease, this course will help you to better understand this disease, and give you ideas for questions you may want to ask your doctor. Maybe you’re a healthcare provider or studying to be the same, this course is a great refresher on where the state of the science is. If you’re a healthcare administrator wondering about how the interdisciplinary components of breast cancer care fit together, or an entrepreneur thinking about unmet needs in this space, or someone in public health interested in prevention, this course is also for you! Are you ready to learn a lot, and have some fun while we’re at it? If so, I hope you’ll join us! Let’s get started!!!...

KT

Jul 16, 2017

Dr. Chagpar is fantastic . the way she presented the information made it enjoyable and easy to be understood. the course material is very valuable and cover most of the topics about Breast cancer.

LT

May 18, 2016

Very informative. Professor is such an expert in her field. HIghly recommend for those who are patients, whose friends, family are patients so that they know better about what they are facing.

101 - 119 of 119 Reviews for Introduction to Breast Cancer

By Litika V

Jul 02, 2017

It is a very good course and made in a very good way, easy to understand.

By Aida S

Sep 12, 2016

Very easy to understand and also very helpful.

By Lisa L

Mar 14, 2017

Wonderful, wonderful course made even more wonderful by Dr. Chagpar's enthusiastic and engaging manner of speaking. Kudos to our mentor, Denise, as well

By Connor K

Apr 22, 2019

Absolutely amazing and informative course, easy to pick up and I implore everyone to join this course for free!

By RABEELA B

Apr 27, 2019

good

By Elizabeth R F

May 28, 2019

I've learned so much from this course!

By Akshay S

Jun 28, 2019

Thank you for sharing information with the.

By Ana N

Jul 17, 2019

Great information and great curse. Thank you!

By David K

Sep 17, 2019

Excellent presentation.Clear concise subject matter presented in a pleasant way.Captivating lecturer,

fascinating subject

By Subhakankha M

Oct 18, 2019

Excellent

By Ibrahim K M

Apr 06, 2016

the way of introduction is quit helpful to see speaker and lecture

By Maíra S

Feb 26, 2018

Overall the course was great! I'm a Biomedical Engineer from Brazil and I've been doing research on breast cancer, I found this course very interesting and enriching to my field of study. Thanks Dr. Anees Chagpar, you are great.

For me, the only problem was the fact that the certificate doesn't include the number of hours taken in the course. This information is extremely important here in Brazil if you want to prove your knowledge in the area related to the course.

By 龚超

Nov 16, 2017

The teaching system is good, but maybe a little hard for beginners.

By Bridget B

Oct 17, 2017

Educational. Dr. Anees explains scientific research in a way that's easy to understand.

By Fran

Aug 08, 2016

Good course, great instructor.

By Carolyn R

Aug 31, 2016

Very good information. Thank y

By Rose B

Oct 20, 2016

Great course; very informative, highly educational, fascinating... There were just two things I didn't like about the professor, though I liked HER a lot; she was very welcoming, hospitable, and amicable; she treated her students well, and was enthusiastic about teaching us. That is a trait I have seen for the first time on Coursera, and I have to give Dr. Chagpar high praise in these terms. The only things I did not like - which are very small in contrast to the things I did like - were that she taught a bit as though she was teaching to 6th graders, rather than seasoned adults. But that is not much of an issue. My only other complaint is that she seemed quite callous towards women suffering - even dying - from breast cancer. But I suppose breast surgeons come to distance themselves from these terrible, tragic events.

By Aboudalal

Jul 11, 2016

Good

By Dong M

Jul 31, 2017