Back to Introduction to Breast Cancer

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Breast Cancer by Yale University

Welcome to an Introduction to Breast Cancer! In this course, we’ll learn a bit about the leading cause of cancer in women worldwide – from the basic biology of the disease, to risk factors and prevention, to treatment modalities to survivorship. We’ll talk to leading experts, explore some of the milestone studies that have pushed this field forward, and have interactive discussions on discussion boards and social media. You’ll even have an opportunity to let us know what topics you want to cover on tweetchats, so we can try to make the content fit your interests. There is something in this course for everyone – if you’re a breast cancer survivor or the friend/family member of someone with this disease, this course will help you to better understand this disease, and give you ideas for questions you may want to ask your doctor. Maybe you’re a healthcare provider or studying to be the same, this course is a great refresher on where the state of the science is. If you’re a healthcare administrator wondering about how the interdisciplinary components of breast cancer care fit together, or an entrepreneur thinking about unmet needs in this space, or someone in public health interested in prevention, this course is also for you! Are you ready to learn a lot, and have some fun while we’re at it? If so, I hope you’ll join us! Let’s get started!!!...

KT

Jul 16, 2017

Dr. Chagpar is fantastic . the way she presented the information made it enjoyable and easy to be understood. the course material is very valuable and cover most of the topics about Breast cancer.

LT

May 18, 2016

Very informative. Professor is such an expert in her field. HIghly recommend for those who are patients, whose friends, family are patients so that they know better about what they are facing.

76 - 100 of 121 Reviews for Introduction to Breast Cancer

By KR

Jul 23, 2016

A comprehensive and thorough introduction to breast cancer. Great teacher!

By Ellen P

Jun 29, 2016

Information is well

By Maria

Aug 25, 2017

Excelent teacher and topics, thanks a lot!

By Antoinette B

Aug 02, 2016

I have participated in several MOOC courses and this would have to be the most informative and enjoyable. As a breast cancer survivor, a carrier of BRAC1 and community nurse I found it reassuring and invaluable in terms of content; engaging in presentation; sufficiently challenging to keep me focussed and hugely helpful in working with Breast Cancer patients. A big thank you to Dr nees and her co- presenters.

By Karen N

May 20, 2017

loved it so far cant wait to do the assignment and get my certificate!

By Denise S

Jul 14, 2016

It is an excellent review of breast cancer field. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks very much to everyone who prepared the course.

By Cecilia S O

Jun 08, 2017

I loved the course a learned a lot. The presentation was clear, rich in information, very interesting and Doctor Anees Chapgar is wonderful. Great course!

By Nawreen M P

Feb 13, 2017

Very informative and interesting!

By Rifat T J

Mar 16, 2018

I am a MS thesis student, currently researching on sporadic breast cancer. This course is helping me a lot in writing the dissertation . Dr. Chagpar is an excellent instructor, delivered her vast knowledge in the simplest way possible.

By Jennifer T

Nov 07, 2017

This course gives you lots of information and can leave you feel empowered rather than afraid.

By Aida S

Sep 12, 2016

Very easy to understand and also very helpful.

By Lisa L

Mar 14, 2017

Wonderful, wonderful course made even more wonderful by Dr. Chagpar's enthusiastic and engaging manner of speaking. Kudos to our mentor, Denise, as well

By Alyssa K

Nov 22, 2016

I REALLY appreciated this course! I was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and have been working to learn as much as I can in the interim. I actually learned that I need radiation from this course (none of my providers had mentioned it), so I am really grateful to have participated in this. Really good information, engaging professor, and well organized content.

By Larissa

Jul 18, 2016

Detailed course with recent information about new treatment strategies and clinical trial data. Easy to understand for non-clinical professionals!

By ankita m

Jan 02, 2018

A brilliant course and learning directly through the best in the field. Very detailed interviews with the Oncologists - you will get to now the future of treatment and scope as well.

By Kathy K

Jun 01, 2017

I really enjoyed the course, learnt so much about my disease, have had a mastectomy of the left breast and had 13 lymph nodes removed and 1 had cancer, was Grade III with a 130mm carcinoma. I have been through all the treatment and now am on hormone therapy. The course helped me understand more about my cancer and the different treatments I received and why I received them, it also gave me a lot of hope for the future with the clinical trial information and all the critical research that is been done worldwide. Not many people understood why I was interested in doing this course but I needed to know more and as things happen so fast I wanted to understand what was happening to me now. I am very grateful that I have completed the course, Dr Anees was excellent and I thank her also. I believe I am a 68 year old, have just had my 1st 12mth checkup and everything is clear at the moment now but know that it is still a long road ahead so the information I receive is very much appreciated. Thank you an excellent course and allowing me to enrol and complete the course.

By Gerda S

Jun 29, 2018

This was a very good planned course and I learnt a lot. I could choose my speed as well.

By Juan D D G

Dec 22, 2016

Curso excelente, bastante completo.

By أحمد م

Jan 07, 2018

I want more courses like that from dr anise

By Phia D A

Jul 26, 2017

This course was really helpful in making me aware about breast cancer in a way that was easy to understand. I also appreciated the manner in which it was taught by Dr. Chagpar, from simply looking approachable and friendly, to the visual aids. Before starting the course, I read about how we are only afraid of things we don't know, how taking this course would make us informed and subsequently lessen that fear. That still resonates with me, and I believe this course was able to do that.

By Asmaa E

May 03, 2018

Helped me in my practical life.

By Anu

Jun 07, 2017

Excellent review for patients and providers alike. Very enthusiastic speaker. Overall, very enjoyable lectures, review of literature, and guest speakers. Thank you.

By Jennifer V

Jul 13, 2017

I am a nurse who just got a job as a clinical research coordinator on an oncology floor. Having ZERO experience in oncology or research -- this was a WONDERFUL course for gaining knowledge on breast cancer (it is one of the primary cancers I manage). Easy to understand and information that I've went over in the lessons clicks easily when it is brought up in practice. I took notes every lesson (that's just how I learn) and it helped. Can retake the quizzes if you don't pass and it isn't

By Eva F