Back to Introduction to Breast Cancer

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Breast Cancer by Yale University

Welcome to an Introduction to Breast Cancer! In this course, we’ll learn a bit about the leading cause of cancer in women worldwide – from the basic biology of the disease, to risk factors and prevention, to treatment modalities to survivorship. We’ll talk to leading experts, explore some of the milestone studies that have pushed this field forward, and have interactive discussions on discussion boards and social media. You’ll even have an opportunity to let us know what topics you want to cover on tweetchats, so we can try to make the content fit your interests. There is something in this course for everyone – if you’re a breast cancer survivor or the friend/family member of someone with this disease, this course will help you to better understand this disease, and give you ideas for questions you may want to ask your doctor. Maybe you’re a healthcare provider or studying to be the same, this course is a great refresher on where the state of the science is. If you’re a healthcare administrator wondering about how the interdisciplinary components of breast cancer care fit together, or an entrepreneur thinking about unmet needs in this space, or someone in public health interested in prevention, this course is also for you! Are you ready to learn a lot, and have some fun while we’re at it? If so, I hope you’ll join us! Let’s get started!!!...

KT

Jul 16, 2017

Dr. Chagpar is fantastic . the way she presented the information made it enjoyable and easy to be understood. the course material is very valuable and cover most of the topics about Breast cancer.

LT

May 18, 2016

Very informative. Professor is such an expert in her field. HIghly recommend for those who are patients, whose friends, family are patients so that they know better about what they are facing.

51 - 75 of 118 Reviews for Introduction to Breast Cancer

By Rasha A

Jan 22, 2018

Just Perfect, it was perfect from every aspect. It had surgery, radiotherapy, medicine, genetics and clinical trials. Also, the most important the is the professor, she was amazing.

By Angela E A

Jul 05, 2016

This course was just what I was looking for. I am entering into the field of pathology as a pathologists' assistant and this laid it all out in the simplest of terms. Now I can approach each breast case from the gross room with a lot more confidence! Now I feel like I can delve deeper into breast pathology on my own and have a solid foundation to work off. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

By Noemi V C

Jul 05, 2017

Excellent! A very enriching course and is easy to understand. The professor is outstanding.

By Sara W

Aug 16, 2016

This entire course was very well done. I enjoyed learning all that I did concerning breast cancer and loved the integration of interviews to practically apply much of the knowledge learned to specific roles involved with breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

By Muhammad Y M

May 15, 2018

Iam very haaaapy

By Dc J

Nov 02, 2016

I learnt a lot form this intro course. I love the way the professor draw picture.

By Ummi C

Dec 19, 2016

Great course with a great instructor. The course was aimed at general pubic interested in Breast Cancer, so the it is structured to be very easily followed. While I was looking for a more challenging course, the course does a great job as an introductory course.

By Johanna G

Jun 14, 2016

Great introductury course. Well presented, excellent up-to-date-sources, and a tad of a challenge...

By Cristina L S

Apr 18, 2017

Brilliant. well organized and tons of information. I totaly recommend it

By Gloria G

Oct 09, 2016

It has been very enriching, has freshened concepts, and I've learned to new visions respects. Very interesting, thanks!

By Sarah M L

Sep 19, 2016

Simple and easy to understand. Excellent introductory course to cancer in general.

By Ernest A

Sep 03, 2017

Awesome! A lot of insightful information about breast cancer. A good course for those who want a basic understanding of breast cancer.

By SAMAN D J

Jun 12, 2016

Great course! so engaging and easy to follow. very informative for all types of audience.

By Estefania T

Mar 21, 2017

Very good course!

By AHMED E A M

Oct 10, 2016

perfect work.iam soooooo happy duo to connecting to this course

By Dominique F

Jul 31, 2016

Very informational, especially for hospital volunteers and health care employees

By Divya V

Nov 08, 2017

I loved the way this course was conducted. The passion with which Dr. Chagpar conducts her classes rubs off on you to pay attention and score well in the assignments. I learnt a lot through this course, and I'll definitely keep coming back to the course material, which will help me in my work in the future.

By Habib A

Nov 08, 2016

It is a really great course and I would like to recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about breast cancer. Thanks Yale for the opportunity given us to learn with you.

By Grainne H

Sep 18, 2017

Thank you for all your input into this course, I found this course really interesting and it helped me develop in my role as a nurse and believe I have a better understanding of breast cancer and also the fact that I can refer back to my notes and clinical trials is good to have

By Danielle D P F

Feb 07, 2018

Excellent!

By William B

Feb 12, 2017

This is an excellent course serving as an introduction to breast cancer and the many treatment options.

Dr. Chagpar has done a magnificent job of presenting the material and her passion for the subject is evident.

The world is lucky to have such a dedicated professional present this important health information to students around the world and free of charge from one of the greatest universities.

I would have liked some additional information on diet and alternative therapies as well as proton therapies, however, as Dr. Chagpar explained, there is little data on these subjects and clinical trials are still going on.

If you are interested in breast cancer, then this is an excellent place to start and highly recommended!

By Trevor S M

Sep 25, 2017

Wonderful course, well structured and can easily be understood.

By Iman E

Oct 05, 2017

SIMPLE LANGUAGE AND INFORMATIVE

By farzaneh d d

Aug 27, 2016

very good thank you

By Benjamin T

Jun 18, 2016

I enjoy the instructor, she is so passionate about the subject. What a great course!