Back to Introduction to Breast Cancer

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Breast Cancer by Yale University

Welcome to an Introduction to Breast Cancer! In this course, we’ll learn a bit about the leading cause of cancer in women worldwide – from the basic biology of the disease, to risk factors and prevention, to treatment modalities to survivorship. We’ll talk to leading experts, explore some of the milestone studies that have pushed this field forward, and have interactive discussions on discussion boards and social media. You’ll even have an opportunity to let us know what topics you want to cover on tweetchats, so we can try to make the content fit your interests. There is something in this course for everyone – if you’re a breast cancer survivor or the friend/family member of someone with this disease, this course will help you to better understand this disease, and give you ideas for questions you may want to ask your doctor. Maybe you’re a healthcare provider or studying to be the same, this course is a great refresher on where the state of the science is. If you’re a healthcare administrator wondering about how the interdisciplinary components of breast cancer care fit together, or an entrepreneur thinking about unmet needs in this space, or someone in public health interested in prevention, this course is also for you! Are you ready to learn a lot, and have some fun while we’re at it? If so, I hope you’ll join us! Let’s get started!!!...

KT
Jul 15, 2017

Dr. Chagpar is fantastic . the way she presented the information made it enjoyable and easy to be understood. the course material is very valuable and cover most of the topics about Breast cancer.

VS
Sep 9, 2020

i am absolutely amazed at how well structured and well described this course was. i would like to extend a heartiest thanks to dr. Anees chagpar for the great teaching and better understanding.

226 - 250 of 260 Reviews for Introduction to Breast Cancer

Aug 27, 2020

Thanks

By Atanu M

May 16, 2021

good

By RABEELA B

Apr 27, 2019

good

By Rose B

Oct 20, 2016

Great course; very informative, highly educational, fascinating... There were just two things I didn't like about the professor, though I liked HER a lot; she was very welcoming, hospitable, and amicable; she treated her students well, and was enthusiastic about teaching us. That is a trait I have seen for the first time on Coursera, and I have to give Dr. Chagpar high praise in these terms. The only things I did not like - which are very small in contrast to the things I did like - were that she taught a bit as though she was teaching to 6th graders, rather than seasoned adults. But that is not much of an issue. My only other complaint is that she seemed quite callous towards women suffering - even dying - from breast cancer. But I suppose breast surgeons come to distance themselves from these terrible, tragic events.