Back to Global Impact: Business Ethics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Impact: Business Ethics by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Global business ethics is the study and analysis of how ethics and global business are connected. Because commerce is about markets, and markets entail exchanges between people and groups of people, commerce is about human relationships.. One of the important challenges in global business is working out the extent of these obligations in the interrelationships between businesses and the particular local cultures in which that business operates. The ethical issues arising from these engagements, the kinds of values-based considerations out of which an organization negotiates with local concerns, and how an organization can be both an enabler of economic value while respecting cultural differences are important topics of this course. You will be able to: • Become morally sensitive to ethical dilemmas in global commerce • Identify ethical issues in global business • Master stakeholder analysis • Use a well-reasoned process by which to arrive at ethically defensible decisions • Differentiate between good and weak ethical arguments and defend conclusions This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

HW
May 8, 2020

I love the ethics part of the course. Ethical decision framework is very useful and practical. Professor Werhane is very witty. She teaches the course with authenticity, humility and a sense of humor.

HA
Sep 28, 2019

the course covered what I need to understand and for sure I like how the instructor explain the material in her own way

1 - 25 of 70 Reviews for Global Impact: Business Ethics

By Suzanne B H

Jul 7, 2019

Prof Werhane was very engaging and made things real and clear with real world cases. Excellent instructor!

By Ranjith K G

This course creates a great impact on individuals and adds values to our ethical decisions.

By ninoj k a

Nov 30, 2020

With a set of very diligently chosen case studies, the professor explains all the basic theories/frameworks that one should be aware of and should be using to arrive at a decision when faced with an ethical dilemma. The theories/frameworks explained here will definitely help one to shape their arguments better and communicate them in a way more appealing to your listeners. thank you for this course, and best wishes for all the learners.

By Lalitha R

Jul 1, 2020

I had a wonderful learning experience, though before starting lot of apprehension was there being a online course. Completion of this course has given me more knowledge and enhanced my horizon. My sincere thanks to Professor Patricia Werhane for the wonderful explanation of the concepts with lot of references and case studies which made the learning experience very interesting.

Thanking you once again

By GLADSON V C

Apr 4, 2020

One of the best course from the finest professor. This subject is more complex and need more patient to understand, analysis of different perspectives and take judgment calls. And, this subject is quite an imperative component for anyone to become a board member/director roles.

By Srinivasan K

Aug 21, 2019

One of the best course from the finest professor. This subject is more complex and need more patient to understand, analysis of different perspectives and take judgment calls. And, this subject is quite imperative component for anyone to become a board member / director roles.

Certainly, am recommending this to aspirants who want to integrate moral compass while taking calls in their professional life.

By Josiah O J

Aug 4, 2020

I have applied the knowledge in this course in various spheres of my interactions including my day to day activities. It has indeed made me a better person.

I also do love the way the Professor takes the course. It seems she is life in front of me in a physical classroom.

It is indeed an awesomely awesome course.

By Hongjin W

May 9, 2020

By husain n

Sep 29, 2019

By Ma. C M S

Oct 21, 2020

This course is a huge, great help, especially for us taking MBA. Important skills and knowledge were perfectly delivered by Professor Patrica Werhane. Learning Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility is really fun, and very much interesting and engaging. Thank you so much.

By Matt G

Apr 22, 2021

I found Patricia Werhane to be an engaging professor, and was impressed by the course content. The framework for ethical decision making is immensely valuable. The written assignments are a good way to cement your knowledge. Overall a worthwhile investment in time!

By Zeena F M

Jul 3, 2020

This Course was extremely useful to me. The case studies used to illustrate the ethical conducts were very impressive. I congratulate the instructor for designing the course very well. It will definitely help me to use the knowledge gained to impart to my students.

By A.CHANDRA P

The way of teaching through the narration of case studies, it's wonderful. And the background music at the end of each video, the duration of each module, everything looks and sounds great. perfect course!thank you Mrs.petricia.

By Kishore k

Nov 30, 2020

Like these typical questions and problem solving ideas or very useful to us ..... May be we can use this in our future

By MYRIAM B

Sep 29, 2020

I really enjoyed the courses ,it was very interesting and a special thank for Professor Patricia Werhane!

By SOMASHEKAR G

May 22, 2021

its a very useful course i suggest everyone to enroll for it and study accordingly

By Mustafa A

Aug 21, 2019

I really appreciate such perfect curse and perfect materials

Jun 21, 2020

handling business issue toward the success ans norms and behaveour

By Amey D S S

Jul 24, 2020

Great course, outlines ethical concepts and frameworks crisply.

By qodar

Jul 17, 2020

I have to see world and learned about traditions in the wolrd

By ALVARO R M

Dec 17, 2020

Great course for ethical decision-making and leadership.

By PRAJJWAL D

Jun 13, 2020

Great course for learning business ethics from scratch!

By MOHAMED J J

Aug 14, 2020

excellent course, and excellent methods of teaching

By POTLURI S

Apr 23, 2021

i liked this course.it was very helpful for me

By Shubham

Jul 9, 2020

It was good how they explained was good