Back to C for Everyone: Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for C for Everyone: Programming Fundamentals by University of California, Santa Cruz

This course is for everyone. In the new world we live in, coding is a universally valuable skill, whether you're a scientist, artist, or a humanist. Algorithms are everywhere, and we all have to understand how they work. The C language is particularly well suited as an introduction to coding: It's a tried-and-true language, and it allows you to understand computing processes at a deep level. No prior knowledge of coding is needed for this course. We'll start at the beginning. The time estimated time commitment for this course is five hours a week for five weeks....

MA
Jun 21, 2020

I am really happy I did this course. The instructor is a really experienced teacher. This course gave a good start for learning the fundamentals and moving onto complex programming languages like C++.

CN
Apr 21, 2020

Great course to gain a foundation in C programming! The video lectures, coding examples, and peer reviewing of assignments allows one to learn quick and in real time. Would definitely recommend it.

1201 - 1225 of 1,245 Reviews for C for Everyone: Programming Fundamentals

By Supantha R

Jul 21, 2020

I do not like this course.The instructions are not well enough for online course.The contents are not clear enough to understand.They should have made this course more user friendly.There must a different way for assessment.

By Oriol V P

Feb 3, 2021

El curso bien....

Otros estudiantes de habla inglesa no facilitan ..... todo el nivel de adaptación a la comprenssión es tuyo, Por consiguiente pierdes puntos en las pruebas de codigo

By Omar K

Dec 27, 2020

Not recommend for beginners at all. A lot of point skipped or not completely explained. Poor hand-written slides.

Don't enroll if you are a beginner and need to learn the basics.

By seda.

May 18, 2021

Unfortunately I had to drop this course as it is not a beginner friendly and the syllabus is prepared for the people who have underlying knowledge about fundamentals.

By Masihullah H

Dec 12, 2020

the lectures were hand written on a board which was not readable

I would suggest the professor to use a typed material like ppt etc

By Rene A L

Oct 22, 2020

For a beginners course, not many basic topics are explained.Videos could be enhanced using power point slides

By Zyad W K

Aug 24, 2020

the quality of the course drops like a snowball the more we get into the course, it started off great tho

By Warda Y S

Jun 8, 2021

I think this course is helpful but it has some confusion so i hope you will correct it

By Bsef19m519-MUHAMMAD H M

Your writing on the board is very difficult to understand

By 1ds18ee071 A

Sep 16, 2021

Compiler should have been integrated with the course .

By Vyshali R B

Dec 1, 2020

very good

By Marcus M

Oct 5, 2020

This is one of the worst beginner courses on here. It is clearly not for everyone. You cannot call it fundamentals without actually teaching the fundamentals. There is a severe lack of detail in these lessons and a big assumption on the part of the instructor that you have previous knowledge of some of the concepts he’s discussing. I have never received assignments before in which what you are supposed to produce is not something you were taught in the lesson. This course at the very least needs to be renamed. Saying C for Everyone is misleading. Instructor would be great for intermediate/advanced courses but to teach a beginner the assumption must be that we know nothing. Not that we have some obscure but limited knowledge of what you discuss. This is the first coursera course I truly felt lost in and am very dissatisfied by. I would hope this course is revised for future terms.

By yaswanth b

Sep 27, 2020

Explanation is worst, he is just reading the lines not even explaining anything, wasted all my money and I didn't even get certificate.... for certificate I need to pay money wow.....this is just nonsense you guys only work for money for learning money and for certificate money what the hell is this....

I am very sad I joined coursera if I joined in some other website I will get good c programming course and certificate also at low cost.... please don't waste every one's time....

By Timmy D

Sep 6, 2021

The course was unorganized. A​ lot of inaccurate code. An example of one was where he declared an array of grade with a constant size. The array couldn't be initialized and I spent at least half an hour to debugged it.

The issue was that "The C99 standard does not allow initialization of variable length arrays ". I had to learn how to use enums or preprocessor macro to fix it which was a topic in the next course "C for Everyone: Structured Programming".

By Tingkang W

Dec 16, 2020

The professor's handwriting note is really hard to read. Homework contains content that have not been taught yet. Many videos teach repeated concepts and some important concepts are not mentioned. The instructor cannot even show a tidy appearance before the screen. Very disappointed to see that this is the largest C and C++ course on Coursera. My course experience on Python, Java and Web Design is far far far better than this course.

By Darius S

Aug 14, 2021

The course is not suitable for academic purposes. To delve more into the topic and solve the tasks independently, you need to look at learning material on the Internet. Regular bookings of 40 euros per month are unfair. I still can't find cancellation options. For the first time, I am really disappointed with Coursera-platform.

By HeyChungus

Jul 25, 2021

This course is NOT beginner friendly. You need prior knowledge of what editors and compilers to use, which I do not. He also mentioned in the second video that he wasn't going to take the time to explain which editor and compiler to use and suggests finding help doing so. Very unprofessional for a learning experience. Not good.

By Nour A

Aug 26, 2020

my honest opinion is that this is one of the most difficult courses I have taken, I felt like I did most of the effort myself and didn't learn anything from Dr. Ira Pohl, thank you for the course, but please change your style of teaching in the future, be more active in the videos and to the point, thank you.

By Jorge T

Apr 6, 2021

Incredibly messy, the teacher messes up multiple time and solemnly writes quite confusingly on a white board. The evaluations are happening a week ahead so you can't really do them with the knowledge you acquired from the course. Don't recommend!

By Yasir S

May 7, 2021

I gave up in the first week. The instructor is very boring doesn't bother at all to teach students how to set up different environments on the computer to get started so you are bogged down in the first step basically.

By Rostyslav K

Jun 14, 2021

H​Ws are very poorly designed, they don't test a lot of notions in the course; they are often vague. Some video lectures mention notions that were not presented in the earlier videos (like reference types etc)