Back to Setting Expectations & Assessing Performance Issues

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Setting Expectations & Assessing Performance Issues by University of California, Davis

If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there. One of the most important roles of a manager is to ensure everyone knows the destination. The most effective managers set expectations and assess their employees’ performance against those expectations, and take a coaching approach to helping them get to the destination. That’s exactly what you’ll learn to do in this course! You will explore how to collaboratively develop expectations with those you lead. When you encounter expectations that are not being met, you’ll learn how to use "Coaching Algebra" to determine the underlying issues that are impeding performance, and how to respond as a manger-coach. We look forward to you joining us as we explore these essential coaching topics!...

KB

Aug 23, 2018

Great course! I always just assumed that employees knew what was expected of them. Setting expectations (not rules) is so important in today's world. I'm so glad that I found this class. Thank you!

LB

Jun 09, 2018

Great course allowing the student to develop a real thoughtful coaching philosophy. I look forward to implementing what I've learned with my team. The possibilities are limitless.

1 - 25 of 60 Reviews for Setting Expectations & Assessing Performance Issues

By Petr M

Dec 10, 2018

Useful theory and practices how to set expectation, work with a team, evaluate the team and mainly improve the team. I would recommend it to all line managers and team leaders.

By Luigi M

Mar 28, 2019

A great course with topics explained in deep details. Do not miss it!

By Francisco J G M

Jun 21, 2017

A great course that takes you hand in hand to set expectations and understand assesing performance issues.

By Sardar P S

May 03, 2018

Really this course was excellent, how we have to assess performance issues of our team members was explained well.

i am implementing in my organization.

By Alina N

Aug 24, 2016

Amazing course. Loved it!:)

By Emilie S

Jul 03, 2016

This course provided great insight and strategies on how to assess your team.

This training is a must for any manager!

By Fay d S

Oct 24, 2017

Excellent course!

By Swati P K

May 17, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed the learnings!

By Rob B

Oct 21, 2017

Great content that I found immediately useful at work.

By Maya R

Oct 23, 2016

A comprehensive and practical course for managers - wish this had been around when I first started out -- would have saved me a lot of time! The readings are great and reinforce key ideas. Techniques are easy to apply ASAP for immediate results.

By Robert D M

Jan 08, 2017

The courses in this specialization keep on getting better and better. I believe that I have never had a better grounding in what coaching is than in this series.

By Carlos O

Dec 21, 2016

Excelente curso, muy bien explicado

By Jennifer H

Aug 08, 2016

This was an incredible course with information that I could immediately put to use in my current, middle management position. Even someone that is not in management or is at a higher level of management would benefit from the skills taught.

By Bertram

Sep 09, 2017

Great course, powerful content that is very relevant and applicable in the work space

By Lesa B

Jun 09, 2018

By Matty R

Dec 13, 2016

I find this course very informative and they way Kris explains the process behind being a great coach very easy to understand. After starting up this course, I have found that I did things quite a bit differently, and some of the time, wrong. Kris has really opened my eyes to the ways that coaching could be done more effectively, meaningfully and respectfully.

Thank you Kris, UC Davis and Coursera for bringing this into existence!

By Sarah M

Mar 26, 2017

Defining our leadership point of view and the importance of setting clear expectations is something we don't normally do a great job at. This course and extras from Ken Blanchard provides a useful framework to do this.

By Cheralyn T

Sep 20, 2017

This was an exceptional programme!!

By Jose r

Jun 07, 2018

excelente

By Maurice E

Jul 09, 2018

This excellent course helps one focus on the observable and measurable bits of a management enterprise, allowing the manager to remove subjectivity from the process and focus on the important stuff. The class helps managers get down to the business of getting down to business!

By Alvaro C

Oct 06, 2017

great course. highly recommended

By Bruno S

Jul 11, 2017

Professor was very didactic, and the issues discussed here were very important to me. I always thought coaching was about just going and making questions and find the roadblocks of my employees or others. However, this course showed that is not only about that, but how to MEASURE the expectations and goals we get from the talks with employees.

By Michele M W

Oct 21, 2016

Instructor is very engaging and provides additional learning resources. Content very useful for long-time and new leaders and managers. Great specialization!!!!

By Karen A D

Aug 08, 2016

Great course, just loved it. I will definitely be using a lot of what I learned here in my job.

By Martyn L M

Jun 10, 2017

Every course in this series was excellent ... so practical ... so oriented to those of us who are not professional coaches, but rather those of us who oversee daily operations and are helped by learning coaching and many of the other helpful components of this course.