Back to Games without Chance: Combinatorial Game Theory

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Games without Chance: Combinatorial Game Theory by Georgia Institute of Technology

4.3

This course will cover the mathematical theory and analysis of simple games without chance moves....

GY

Oct 28, 2016

I like it, but as a math undergraduate I wish we have gone through some of the exciting research trend in combinatorial game theory.

HS

Jun 17, 2017

Gives a great Basic Overview with basic examples of the Game Theory. However i wouldn't consider it suitable for Professional Uses.

26 - 37 of 37 Reviews for Games without Chance: Combinatorial Game Theory

By Arman S

Mar 29, 2016

A nice introduction to the topic. Suitable for a beginner.

By Balasubramanian S

Sep 06, 2016

A good introduction to games without chance.

By Nickolas F

Oct 07, 2017

The course was very easy to follow and it gave me an excellent glimpse of combinatorial game theory. Thank you Professor Tom. However, I was expecting a more challenging level for a university course. I think that expectations were too low and on the quizzes there should have been less multiple choice, or at least more choices, more questions and a harder level. I do not think that as a 14 year old I should complete a 7 week university course in 3 days.

By Hongcheng C

Nov 11, 2017

forum is not well maintained

need a bit more mathematical proof, or some concepts/theorems can be confusing

extra problems don't have answers, prove periodicity of subtraction game seems hard and I can't find hints...

By Damir M

Jul 16, 2017

I wish this course was offered when I was 14-15 years old. If you have a child of that age, who is interested in mathematics, let her follow this class. I was expecting something on undergraduate level instead.

By Ahmad B E

Aug 06, 2017

It is good course but it is not for you if you are seeking a to learn the mathematical definition and the algorithms to solve games problems. It taught you how to play games to have fun with your friends.

By Nguyen H D

Jul 24, 2017

The math is interesting but presentation is not good, no one in forum to answer your question too.

By Philip T W

Oct 19, 2018

Interesting intro course, but I expected more theory during the lessons.

By Rambo

Jan 08, 2018

The course is interesting, but many definitions are not clear enough for me. A bit frustrating.

By Alan R

Jun 15, 2016

Sadly, I found the presentation poor: not at all fluent, and under-prepared - sometimes what was said was different from what was written (which was correct), potentially causing confusion. Also, some results were given without justifying them, for instance the concept of simplest number was stated but not proper

By Parikshit S H

Jun 18, 2016

I found the course content to be too simple, hence uninteresting.

By Roberto H T Y F